1 hour ago, fanboyslim said:

We can fit a minimum vet salary (prorrated) and still sneak under the tax line. The longer we wait to sign, the larger the safety margin.

Thank you. 

I've been looking things up about Noah. Forgot about his PED suspension after signing his deal with the Knicks. It seems that's when things really got sour between him and the Knicks (as in the beginning of it).

I would love if we could deal Parsons and some fillers in a 2 for 1 or 3 for 2 trade and sign a backup for Marc; maybe Noah could be the one, if he is 80% healthy, that would be good enought to rest Marc some games.

4 hours ago, LuvThem Grizzlies said:

You think they would've signed for the same money?

Maybe not Baynes but the others signed for low money.

These are the names off the top of my head, I'm sure there are others

5 hours ago, smit-tay griz said:

Did your feelings get hurt or something?

You need to dish out more than this LOL

Anyway I gave you my argument, it's based on logic not personal feelings, so no my feelings are not hurt

We need a better swingman than Marshon and Wayne, but I don't think we can find one in FA now. We probably will need to trade for one using Green. I don't dislike the idea of signing Noah if he is healthy. He can be a very solid backup to Marc.

I dislike the idea of signing noah , the way he shoots the baskball

a quote from reddit sums it up .

Grit n Grind actually refers to the sounds his knees make when he's lying down

8 hours ago, Grizball said:

We need a better swingman than Marshon and Wayne, but I don't think we can find one in FA now. We probably will need to trade for one using Green. I don't dislike the idea of signing Noah if he is healthy. He can be a very solid backup to Marc.

+1 

Marc had another high mpg game last night (37m)  that's too much.      Truly only way we can get a swingman worth anything is by trading JaM.   But if we did that we would be super thin in the frontcourt.    I wouldn't want to make a move without having signed a Big like Noah.  

9 minutes ago, GrizzTigerFan said:

+1 

Marc had another high mpg game last night (37m)  that's too much.      Truly only way we can get a swingman worth anything is by trading JaM.   But if we did that we would be super thin in the frontcourt.    I wouldn't want to make a move without having signed a Big like Noah.  

Weren't you commenting on how much you like Green as the backup PF earlier? Now you want to replace him to bring in another swing player? 

14 minutes ago, chipc3 said:

Weren't you commenting on how much you like Green as the backup PF earlier? Now you want to replace him to bring in another swing player? 

You know it is possible to both like JaM as backup PF AND still want to use his expiring contract to get a better player on the wing.   Haven't we all been complaining how Wallace wastes potential expiring assets (Kosta, Tyreke, etc...) for years?

1 minute ago, GrizzTigerFan said:

You know it is possible to both like JaM as backup PF AND still want to use his expiring contract to get a better player on the wing.   Haven't we all been complaining how Wallace wastes potential expiring assets (Kosta, Tyreke, etc...) for years?

Not all of us...😉

If we are attempting to win games in November, December and January we probably don't want to mess around and trade JaM quite yet. Nearer to the trade deadline the team should see what is available for him but right now I just want the team to continue to improve. Chemistry is hard to develop and easy to destroy after all. 

1 minute ago, chipc3 said:

Not all of us...😉

If we are attempting to win games in November, December and January we probably don't want to mess around and trade JaM quite yet. Nearer to the trade deadline the team should see what is available for him but right now I just want the team to continue to improve. Chemistry is hard to develop and easy to destroy after all. 

Haha right. 

But yes i figured they would wait till deadline before making that decision either way.     I like what i see thus far with Jamyke off bench. 

The main thing we need right now is rebounding. We are dead last in the NBA right now. Noah would help us tremendously rebounding. Noah signing will not take away minutes from 3J rather than it could potentially take minutes away from JAM and Rabb would probably wind up in the G League which wouldn't hurt his development (atleast he would be getting minutes somewhere to develop). Marc needs a back up and Noah could be the perfect piece. We would also see Casspi minutes decreased which wouldn't hurt the team.

I don't know anything about Noah now. I like the "idea" of signing Noah.  But I like the open roster spot more.

I wonder about the rebounding "problem." Are the Griz intentionally weakly contesting many offensive rebounds in order to set the defense? I see a lot of guys head the other way if the ball comes off the iron.

I heard about a former defensive player of the year and 2 time all star center that wants to play for the Grizzlies and he not only claims to be healthy, but will sign for the league minimum. And he is younger than Marc.

Looking at it that way, the only argument should be why Pera isn't using his private jet to fly his butt to Memphis ASAP.

10 minutes ago, fanboyslim said:

I like the idea of Noah.

I don’t like the knees of Noah.

I was reading about Noah and I saw a comment down at the bottom and all the guy said was, look at Rose, his knees were terrible 2. The ligaments can be made stronger.

49 minutes ago, Father Pat said:

I heard about a former defensive player of the year and 2 time all star center that wants to play for the Grizzlies and he not only claims to be healthy, but will sign for the league minimum. And he is younger than Marc.

Looking at it that way, the only argument should be why Pera isn't using his private jet to fly his butt to Memphis ASAP.

I'm sure the Grizzlies are talking to him but I hope they are also talking to his doctors and having the Grizzlies doctors check him out as well. Have we not learned anything from Chandler Parsons? 

I doubt Noah is injured at this point, he wasn't injured all last year, they just refused to play him. I'd prefer to sign someone like Jarnell Stokes or Tarik Black, a young guy we could potentially have for a couple of years. I'd still would have really liked Okafor or Monroe, and if they get waived or bought out at any point I would want them.