I don't mind. He ain't gonna eat Jaren minutes. He's a good rebounder (we are the worst team in that category) and he has enough BBIQ to make some kind of impact.

9 minutes ago, chipc3 said:

Did the Grizzlies lose or win that game against Minnesota? I'm so confused. 

Yeah, I knew this point of view would be raised, and I said on the game thread that I was ok with it if JaM was playing ok, if JJJ wasn't playing well (but he was) and we got the win.

But that still doesn't answer the premise of my point.

What happens if we are behind in games, enough to be an outside chance to win, but not so much that it becomes garbage time. Do we keep The Kid out because, "he's a rookie, we need experienced vets" and flog Marc and JaM, and start putting in Noah?

C'mon mane

5 minutes ago, BigHunkALove said:

Yeah, I knew this point of view would be raised, and I said on the game thread that I was ok with it if JaM was playing ok, if JJJ wasn't playing well (but he was) and we got the win.

But that still doesn't answer the premise of my point.

What happens if we are behind in games, enough to be an outside chance to win, but not so much that it becomes garbage time. Do we keep The Kid out because, "he's a rookie, we need experienced vets" and flog Marc and JaM?

C'mon mane

I'm not even sure what you are asking. Jackson is playing well on some nights but other nights he's not. He is not prepared for the full grind of the 82 NBA season. Some games he will get more minutes and other games he won't. Are people going to complain every time he doesn't play 30+ minutes in a game?  

Personally if the Grizzlies win games I am happy no matter who plays. If they lose I am depressed. Jackson will have ups and downs but they are committed to his development and neither JaMychal Green or Joakim Noah will change that. 

2 minutes ago, chipc3 said:

I'm not even sure what you are asking. Jackson is playing well on some nights but other nights he's not. He is not prepared for the full grind of the 82 NBA season. Some games he will get more minutes and other games he won't. Are people going to complain every time he doesn't play 30+ minutes in a game?  

I'm saying why it's it that there is a fixed formula for JaM getting x amount of mins, without having even stepped on the court, without the ball being tipped off, but if there is a similar proposal for Jaren, it's the view you state here? Then throw another washed up cripple into the mix?

(John McEnroe voice) YOU CAN NOT BE SERIOUS

Why do we need Noah, with our current plethora of guys who can play @ 4, and JJJ AND JaM able to play @ 5, thereby giving Marc a rest? Rabb?

We need shooters and wings who can come off the bench and light up a quick 9-12 pts, when we are going stagnant and facing a double digit run against us

8 minutes ago, BigHunkALove said:

I'm saying why it's it that there is a fixed formula for JaM getting x amount of mins, without having even stepped on the court, without the ball being tipped off, but if there is a similar proposal for Jaren, it's the view you state here? Then throw another washed up cripple into the mix?

(John McEnroe voice) YOU CAN NOT BE SERIOUS

Why do we need Noah, with our current plethora of guys who can play @ 4, and JJJ AND JaM able to play @ 5, thereby giving Marc a rest? Rabb?

We need shooters and wings who can come off the bench and light up a quick 9-12 pts, when we are going stagnant and facing a double digit run against us

Probably because JaM has been under the watch of the training staff during his recovery and the team has faith in his abilities. The team needs Noah, or at least are willing to talk to him, because Gasol is racking up a ton of minutes and that isn't good for an aging big man over an 82 game season. You don't want to tempt fate by over-playing him in the first 20 games.  

If we get Noah I would still keep Jam. He's a good backup power forward who gave us 8 and 8 and was plus 8 last night.  Adding Noah would basically give us 4 bigs we can go to war with. Although 10 minutes a night for Noah should be the peak, with Jam getting closer to 20 than 30.  Then you play both Marc and Jaren 33 minutes a night.  

So if we get Noah and don't cut Rabb, we are sending Rabb down to the G League right?  

I'm not worried about Rabb. As a fan, I like him. He rebounds well and hits his free throws. Deyonta Davis beat him out for playing time last year and Davis isn't in the league anymore, so with that being said, Rabb probably won't be missed talent wise.

Interesting stat; Noah averaged more offensive rebounds in his career than Zbo (3.3 to 2.9).

19 minutes ago, chipc3 said:

Probably because JaM has been under the watch of the training staff during his recovery and the team has faith in his abilities. The team needs Noah, or at least are willing to talk to him, because Gasol is racking up a ton of minutes and that isn't good for an aging big man over an 82 game season. You don't want to tempt fate by over-playing him in the first 20 games.  

The ole, "he's killing it in practice sessions" routine? LOL

I get what you're saying about Marc's mins, but as I said, JaM is back, Anderson, Casspii, even Temple, can all play at 4 with JJJ at 5, JaM and Rabb can play (if needed) at 5, with all the aforementioned names - all this with Marc off the floor.

If there is such a desperate need to get a backup C, why can't we get someone who is not crippled by injury?

Again this wouldn't be happening if Parsons was able to give something, ANYTHING, as a contribution to this team for his paycheck

If we sign Noah - hopefully he isn't completely washed and can provide quality limited minutes.   Also really would like JaM to show enough to up his trade value.   Then i would try to package JaM + Wayne or Marshon for a more reliable wing scorer.    

19 minutes ago, chipc3 said:

because Gasol is racking up a ton of minutes and that isn't good for an aging big man over an 82 game season. You don't want to tempt fate by over-playing him in the first 20 games.  

This is my reasoning as well.  Healthy Noah would be a big help in that regards. 

2 minutes ago, GrizzTigerFan said:

If we sign Noah - hopefully he isn't completely washed and can provide quality limited minutes.   Also really would like JaM to show enough to up his trade value.   Then i would try to package JaM + Wayne or Marshon for a more reliable wing scorer.    

This is my reasoning as well.  Healthy Noah would be a big help in that regards. 

Careful GTF, Smit-Tay gonna call you a "hater" for this LOL

2 minutes ago, BigHunkALove said:

I get what you're saying about Marc's mins, but as I said, JaM is back, Anderson, Casspii, even Temple, can all play at 4 with JJJ at 5, JaM and Rabb can play (if needed) at 5, with all the aforementioned names - all this with Marc off the floor.

If there is such a desperate need to get a backup C, why can't we get someone who is not crippled by injury?

Again this wouldn't be happening if Parsons was able to give something, ANYTHING, as a contribution to this team for his paycheck

Because if Marc needs to sit out any number of games - we are finished.   JJJ isn't ready to step into that role full-time and nobody else on roster is a legit 5.   This season we are more built to handle Mike sitting out games than we are Gasol.  

It would be different if we had uber-athletes all over the court and could just up the pace. then going small could work.  But our roster isn't built for speed it's built on skill.    

5 minutes ago, BigHunkALove said:

Careful GTF, Smit-Tay gonna call you a "hater" for this LOL

Nah I have been official member of Sunshine Patrol this entire offseason!  lol hey in the era of smallball PFs.  JaM isn't that valuable anymore.   It would be different if he actually had PF size and could legit guard stretch 4s.   But reality is he guards Stretch 4s so well because he is really a PF in a SF frame.   Omri and Kyle can do that too while also offering playmaking and/ballhandling.  That makes him expendable and more valuable as a trade chip.    

Wayne and Marshon don't seem to have a future with us either.   They are too wildly inconsistent to invest in further.   Let JaM get a chance to show what he can provide somewhere he can possibly have a future. 

7 minutes ago, GrizzTigerFan said:

Because if Marc needs to sit out any number of games - we are finished.   JJJ isn't ready to step into that role full-time and nobody else on roster is a legit 5.   This season we are more built to handle Mike sitting out games than we are Gasol.  

It would be different if we had uber-athletes all over the court and could just up the pace. then going small could work.  But our roster isn't built for speed it's built on skill.    

Well they should have thought of that in FA when there were guys like Paculia, Monroe, Plumlee, Baynes out there

I agree that I would like for JJJ minutes to maintain but his minutes depend heavily on his ability to stay out of foul trouble. 

I doubt that Noah has anything left on the tank. If he those though!!!

I view it as a minimal risk with a lot of positive if it works. The biggest risk for me is team chemistry. If he can give Marc an extra 5 min of rest per game with no impact to chemistry it's a win. 

Grizzlies are said to be "in extensive discussions" with Noah.

So where are we with regard to roster space & salary?

I'm curious because I was under the impression that waiving Harrison was also about contract space.

1 hour ago, BigHunkALove said:

I’m rolling !

🤣

next thing you know they are gonna try to hit you with the tried and true ‘lock ‘em in a room’ bit!

1 hour ago, Father Pat said:

Grizzlies are said to be "in extensive discussions" with Noah.

So where are we with regard to roster space & salary?

I'm curious because I was under the impression that waiving Harrison was also about contract space.

We can fit a minimum vet salary (prorrated) and still sneak under the tax line. The longer we wait to sign, the larger the safety margin.

2 hours ago, yositoco said:

I agree that I would like for JJJ minutes to maintain but his minutes depend heavily on his ability to stay out of foul trouble. 

I doubt that Noah has anything left on the tank. If he those though!!!

I view it as a minimal risk with a lot of positive if it works. The biggest risk for me is team chemistry. If he can give Marc an extra 5 min of rest per game with no impact to chemistry it's a win. 

No they don’t. He wasn’t in foul trouble and still played less than JAM on a minutes restriction. Let that sink in...

8 minutes ago, MemphisX said:

No they don’t. He wasn’t in foul trouble and still played less than JAM on a minutes restriction. Let that sink in...

That's my point earlier above.

That, and it seemed to be pre-determined who was getting what minutes, before the ball had even been tipped