Any word on what Noah is like as a locker room guy? I use to love him when he was a Bull but he's always struck me as attitudinal. I don't want anyone brought in that's going to ruin this team's chemistry.

Why not? He has a bad injury history. He's old. Wallace liked him coming out of college. Sounds like the perfect Grizz pick up. 

If they sign Noah it is bad news for Rabb.  

i mean ya'll got a better player in mind for 15th man? We need more depth at center.

I don't hate the idea of signing Noah.

People can say he is trash but he was a solid center for the Knicks before his injury. They pretty much realized their mistake with his contract and tossed him to the side.

As a big off the bench, he can play annoying defense under the basket and get rebounds. I fully expect JaM to get traded this season so it doesn't hurt to have more size available.

3 minutes ago, BHZMAFIA said:

As long as he's not taking minutes away from JJJ in any sort of way, I'm fine with it.

3rd big off the bench. Mostly will be used for spot minutes and a breather for Marc. 

8 minutes ago, BHZMAFIA said:

As long as he's not taking minutes away from JJJ in any sort of way, I'm fine with it.

He will. 

Absolutely he will. The minutes he will play will be minutes that JJJ would have been playing center. This would be a disaster signing. Noah is Parsons without the contract. He is not healthy and would steal minutes from better players based upon his name.

but ... why? 

why now?

why him?

I can’t lie I liked him when he was with the Bulls... you know when he was good.

but...

We will lead the league!!!!                  (… in guys with goofy looking shots)

I have to say, when he was with the Bulls, you had to admire his hustle and grit. The problem is that you can say that about a bunch of former players, which is what he is right now. I just hope he has something left in the tank. It's just too hard not to be cynical with Parsons around. Noah must pan out.

If we are serious about making the playoffs - i can see the logic in the signing.   But i will echo others in regards to this better not negatively affect Jaren's minutes.  

What i really hope for is that JB encourages JJJ to go HardAF now that he has adequate backups in JaM and Noah.     Also isn't Noah basically "Marc Gasol without shooting ability?".  He was a really good playmaker when he was with the Bulls too. 

4 minutes ago, Back2Grizzness said:

I'm guessing we did this to have another mentor for JJJ....

He doesn’t seem like the kind of guy you want mentoring players 

Jaren plays a lot at the 4 spot. So it’s very unlikely he’ll take minutes knowing that they are only considering him. Seems to me that they know he is limited to help for Gasol and not JJJ.

1 hour ago, BHZMAFIA said:

1 hour ago, MemphisX said:

He will. 

1 hour ago, lsugrizzfan said:

Absolutely he will. The minutes he will play will be minutes that JJJ would have been playing center. This would be a disaster signing. Noah is Parsons without the contract. He is not healthy and would steal minutes from better players based upon his name.

This is JB allocating minutes, BEFORE the game has started and seeing how it's panning out during play: 

J.B. Bickerstaff tells @GrizzliesOnFSSE that JaMychal Green could get up to 24-27 minutes against the Timberwolves today. Says Green will play in roughly 4-5 minute stints.

How can you work out this stuff without seeing how the game is panning out?

The result:

Jaren's game mins reduced.

This after a top performance the game before.

And this is with Marc playing heavy mins.

The management just doesn't learn

I don't want washed up trash on this team, but looks like now the team is winning, the focus is back on the playoffs, rather than development

Did the Grizzlies lose or win that game against Minnesota? I'm so confused. 

2 hours ago, chipc3 said:

Why not? He has a bad injury history. He's old. Wallace liked him coming out of college. Sounds like the perfect Grizz pick up. 

If they sign Noah it is bad news for Rabb.  

Rabb is bad news for Rabb.