Sign in to follow this  
LuvThem Grizzlies

Joerger on his way out in Sacramento?

41 minutes ago, The Stro Show said:

that would be a huge shame for all those young guys that's just got rolling.

Imagine that. “You guys are doing great, winning and fighting for the playoffs, but we’re going to showcase these two rookies by decree because they’re more important to the franchise than you.” 

27 minutes ago, fanboyslim said:

That truly was one of the dumbest picks in the draft. I am real glad that Bagley didn't fall to the grizzlies.

And let me just say this: who was the biggest critic of Bagley, was it IIWII, was it MemphisX, was The Stro Show. Nope it was me. I never liked him and never posted 1 good thing about him. 

I would have hoped the grizzlies would have picked Wendell Carter Jr, but we would have taken Bagley. I'm real glad we avoided that bullet. 

I mean bagley won't be a complete bust, but he is going to be like an oppose andre Drummond. A player that might have some good numbers but will never live up to his pedigree. 

I would have to agree with DJ on this 1. But part of it was DJ playing Troy and Bagley only getting 20 minutes, that's about like Fizdale sitting Gasol out and we know how that turned out. Bagley is going to be a huge part of the future of that team.

3 hours ago, fanboyslim said:

Funny how things work out, if the Kings took Luka, I think Bagley would have fallen to us.

I'm eating a fantastically tasty crow pie with cream - I wanted Bagley over Jaren

Very glad we have Jaren right about now

Bagley would have played well here also next to Marc.  His athleticism would have been a difference maker on a team lacking athleticism.  It is not like Bagley is not playing well when played.

2 hours ago, BigHunkALove said:

Funny how things work out, if the Kings took Luka, I think Bagley would have fallen to us.

I'm eating a fantastically tasty crow pie with cream - I wanted Bagley over Jaren

Very glad we have Jaren right about now

Me too, Jaren was the lowest choice to me out if Ayton, Luka, Porter, Ayton and Young. When we took him I thought I just had to deal with it

3 hours ago, MemphisX said:

Bagley would have played well here also next to Marc.  His athleticism would have been a difference maker on a team lacking athleticism.  It is not like Bagley is not playing well when played.

I pretty much had most guys doing well with Marc (and the rest of the team), and Sacto's pick basically failing.  

It's what WE do.

It's what THEY do.

Kings are on their 5th coach in 6 years.

Honestly, sometimes if a rookie isn't giving the effort it takes to become a pro, sometimes you should limit their minutes.  I don't know what Bagley is like, but he's still top 5 in total minutes played for the Kings. The 3 top minutes guys are Fox (21), Buddy Hield (25), and WCS (25).  It's not like the top 5 minutes guys are ZBo, KK, Iman Shumpert (28, 6th in minutes), and Bjelica (30, but he is 4th)

My expectation is that once the Kings fall out of contention, Bagley will be around 30-33 mpg.

13 minutes ago, Grizzled Vet said:

Kings are on their 5th coach in 6 years.

I thought about that and felt really bad when I go back and count how many coaches we have plowed through...

I know we are talking about is Bagley a bust, would we have taken him if he fell to us, but I don't think he would have been bad here. It seemed like we were going towards the more athletic side of the game, with more scoring like the rest of the league. When we did a 180, and said grit and grind again, JJJ made the most sense. Bagley wasn't known for his defense, JJJ was, turns out JJJ has an impressive offensive game as well. I think he's progressed quicker than any other rookie in the league. Doncic already played professionally and was widely considered the most ready to play, up there with Ayton.

Bagley still isn't a bad pick, but might be a bad fit, considering how well Cauley-Stein has played, plus already having Giles and Skal on their roster. I just don't see how use both Cauley-Stein and Bagley all year, and they don't really work well together.

For a rookie (except the futures HoF) It depends a lot on the team who pick you.

Sacto pace is the 2nd in the league (106.25),  the Grizz are 96.66 , and that's perfect for JJJ. If Sacto had picked JJJ he would probably be at the end of the bench. 

I did not like Bagley too much but it takes time to rate a rookie. Last year even D'Aaron Fox  looked a bust.

who said bagley is a bust ? he's looked good , playing 22 mpg ,  sac is 9-8 , i'd think they should be pretty **** happy . didnt the FO  have the same issue with FOX just last year and it seems to have worked well for him .

Considering how awesome DJ was at developing young* Grizz talent its really surprising to me that he will be have a problem with the front office about developing their number 2 pick.  I mean shocking right?

**** Coach Joerger just beat OKC and has the Kings above .500 one fifth of the way thru the season. I guess the only solution is to fire him! 

… and it continues.

For the Sacramento Kings, the behind-the-scenes battle between coach Dave Joerger and assistant general manager Brandon Williams isn’t going away. According to sources with knowledge of the situation, Joerger was uncomfortable with Williams’ presence following practice Wednesday, and when the assistant GM showed up for the team’s shootaround Thursday, the Kings coach asked that he be removed from the floor.

20 hours ago, Father Pat said:

… and it continues.

For the Sacramento Kings, the behind-the-scenes battle between coach Dave Joerger and assistant general manager Brandon Williams isn’t going away. According to sources with knowledge of the situation, Joerger was uncomfortable with Williams’ presence following practice Wednesday, and when the assistant GM showed up for the team’s shootaround Thursday, the Kings coach asked that he be removed from the floor.

Reminds me of the good ole days with Hubie Brown. 

two months later Dave joerger is having the kings playing HARD and now  on tract to make there first play-off in years .