Kevin B Moses

March toward 50 wins - grizzlies edition

On 12/25/2018 at 2:07 AM, Kevin B Moses said:

The grizzlies end December and open up the January set with only 1 back to back game against San Antonio. The theme here is that the grizzlies have to make some hay. While all of these teams are good, none of them are insurmountably unbeatable. The grizzlies are getting healthier at the right time: Ie, Marc Gasol and Dillon Brooks and last night showed Marc seems to be feeling better. Also, the maturation of Jaren Jackson jr continues. The kid can seemingly score at will and he has made clutch baskets in multiple games this season. He is growing really really fast and if he adds the crossover stepback to his game, I don't see why he can't become the next Kevin Durant. It's crazy to think that with the way he "pushes" the basketball, but I think he is even more athletically inclined than KD is and so it makes up for it. 

Up next: Cavs at the crib. Time to lace 'em-up and go to work. 

Sun. Dec. 23 @ Los Angeles -Win

Wed. Dec. 26 vs Cleveland

Sat. Dec. 29 vs Boston

Mon. Dec. 31 @ Houston

Wed. Jan. 2 vs Detroit

Fri. Jan. 4 vs Brooklyn

Sat. Jan. 5  @ San Antonio

Mon. Jan. 7 @ New Orleans

Wed. Jan. 9 vs San Antonio

Sat. Jan. 12 @ Miami

I'm late on this one

Again this is another tough stretch, Spurs have started to play better with more consistency.

Honestly we have our work cut out for us to stay at 500 ball

2 hours ago, BigHunkALove said:

I'm late on this one

Again this is another tough stretch, Spurs have started to play better with more consistency.

The key here is that the grizzlies get to breath between games, they only have 1 back to back. Marc is finally getting back to normal. Honestly I would be surprised if the grizzlies don't go 7-3 in this block or even 8-2.

The key to the grizzlies season seems to be to get Marc Gasol to 20 points a game. If Marc gets to 20 the grizzlies have a fairly good shot of winning any game. 

16 minutes ago, Kevin B Moses said:

The key here is that the grizzlies get to breath between games, they only have 1 back to back. Marc is finally getting back to normal. Honestly I would be surprised if the grizzlies don't go 7-3 in this block or even 8-2.

The key to the grizzlies season seems to be to get Marc Gasol to 20 points a game. If Marc gets to 20 the grizzlies have a fairly good shot of winning any game. 

You're optimistic, I'd be very happy if you are correct.

I'd "expect" 5, happy with 6 or more (Lakers, Cavs, Pistons, Nets, and one or two out of SAS, Pelicans, Heat)

Re: Marc, yes Marc @ 20ppg, puts us in a very good chance, if Mike and "my boy" can get the same, or at least both near it, a win is definitely on the cards.

10 hours ago, BigHunkALove said:

I'm late on this one

This is true, but almost all WC teams are facing a similar road right now, the WC really is brutal.

11 minutes ago, BigHunkALove said:

We are 6-19 over the last 25 games

ouch.....

This was a very tough part of the schedule but honestly I didn’t expect much more than this from the roster.

We would have to win 32 games out our last 46 to hit 50 wins. Is it possible? Yes. Is it probable? No. We'll hang around .500 for the rest of the year (at least  hope we will cause right now we are at ultimate suckage) but this past off-season I think i predicted the most likely scenario was mid to high 30's in wins and best case scenario was right around .500. I don't think anything has changed since then. That hot start is a thing of the past. 

15 minutes ago, Ole Dirty Klondike said:

We would have to win 32 games out our last 46 to hit 50 wins. Is it possible? Yes. Is it probable? No. We'll hang around .500 for the rest of the year (at least  hope we will cause right now we are at ultimate suckage) but this past off-season I think i predicted the most likely scenario was mid to high 30's in wins and best case scenario was right around .500. I don't think anything has changed since then. That hot start is a thing of the past. 

The season is long

sorry for the misinformation folks - that should read 6-13 over the last 19 games

Apologies

Bump

I thought KBM was going to update this regularly. 

For those interested, the Grizzlies need to go 31-7 to reach 50 wins this season. 

Seems like the pre-season predictions were a lot closer to accurate than the front office's. That's pretty sad when you think about it. 

For those interested, the Grizzlies are halfway to the 50 win goal.

If they can get 25 wins and (-8) losses over their next 17 games, they will hit the 50 win mark!

20 minutes ago, Grizzled Vet said:

For those interested, the Grizzlies are halfway to the 50 win goal.

If they can get 25 wins and (-8) losses over their next 17 games, they will hit the 50 win mark!

You are looking too big picture. Just get 6 wins out of every ten. Thats the path.

On 3/5/2019 at 4:01 PM, Dwash said:

You are looking too big picture. Just get 6 wins out of every ten. Thats the path.

More like 13 wins out of every 8games.