Kevin B Moses

March toward 50 wins - grizzlies edition

1 hour ago, LuvThem Grizzlies said:

Against a team like Brooklyn? You gotta be kidding me.

Yes, signature win. When your rookie scores the last 7 points, with a 4 point play, a game saving forced turn over, and a game tying 3 all in the span of 33 seconds in a game you ultimately win in double O.T - yea, a signature win. 

49 minutes ago, srmjr23 said:

Yes, signature win. When your rookie scores the last 7 points, with a 4 point play, a game saving forced turn over, and a game tying 3 all in the span of 33 seconds in a game you ultimately win in double O.T - yea, a signature win. 

Got to agree with y’all. Nets were playing very well that night, I don’t discount the win as a good one

Maybe we are supposed to win games against teams like Brooklyn, but it isn't as if they can't beat you.  They have some really good players who were playing hard and very well.  Any team in the league can beat any other on any given night.

3 hours ago, smit-tay griz said:

Maybe we are supposed to win games against teams like Brooklyn, but it isn't as if they can't beat you.  They have some really good players who were playing hard and very well.  Any team in the league can beat any other on any given night.

If Brooklyn is going to be signature win, what would LAC be? A crowning jewel?

The grizzlies start the set 1-0. They avenge the loss at the clips earlier this season and made it look relatively easy. They need 5 more wins.

Up next New Orleans and a tough test for our rookie Phenom. 

Wed. Dec. 5 vs Clippers --- Win

Fri. Dec. 7 @ New Orleans

Sat. Dec. 8 vs Los Angeles

Mon. Dec. 10 @ Denver

Wed. Dec. 12 vs Portland

Fri. Dec. 14  vs Miami

Sat. Dec. 15 vs Houston

Mon. Dec. 17 @ Golden State

Wed. Dec. 19 @ Portland

Fri. Dec. 21 @ Sacramento

I’d say that’s a good start on this set. I can’t wait for them to play the Rockets

The grizzlies start the set with 2 quality wins. One at home against the #1 seed in the west clippers that really wasn't that close. Tonight on the road against #2 offense in the league in the Pelicans. There is still a lot of work to be done. The lakers will be hungry after a loss to the spurs. At least both the grizzlies and the lakers will be on back to backs. Hopefully the hometown crowd will put us over the top.

Up next Lakers at home. 

Wed. Dec. 5 vs Clippers --- Win

Fri. Dec. 7 @ New Orleans -- Win

Sat. Dec. 8 vs Los Angeles

Mon. Dec. 10 @ Denver

Wed. Dec. 12 vs Portland

Fri. Dec. 14  vs Miami

Sat. Dec. 15 vs Houston

Wed. Dec. 19 @ Portland

Might have to revise my pick of us losing to Denver with Millsap hurt.  Might be a 7 game Noah powered win streak coming.

18 minutes ago, MemphisX said:

Might have to revise my pick of us losing to Denver with Millsap hurt.  Might be a 7 game Noah powered win streak coming.

All aboard the Noah train

The grizzlies have had 3 blowouts this season: one, opening night against pacers. One against the warriors on a back to back and one against the lakers on a back to back.

Is there a trend here? The grizzlies need to figure out how to compete on back2back games or they aren't going to be able to put win streaks together. It's not getting any easier playing Denver in mile high will test the grizzlies legs, not to mention that the nuggets have been one of the better defensive teams. 

Bright side, the grizzlies are still 2-1 and a good start the set. A win tonight could set up a 4 game win streak as the grizzlies go home for a 3 game set.

Up next: Denver, in Mile High.

Wed. Dec. 5 vs Clippers -- Win

Sat. Dec. 8 vs Los Angeles -- Loss

Mon. Dec. 10 @ Denver

Wed. Dec. 12 vs Portland

Fri. Dec. 14  vs Miami

Sat. Dec. 15 vs Houston

Wed. Dec. 19 @ Portland

Well, although this team has chunked up two clunkers, I must say that I am pleasantly surprised and my prediction was wrong. I hope they keep surprising everybody and i hope Conley makes the ASG although I don't think he will. 

As bad as it seems for the grizzlies (and sometimes it seems we are the most average team in the league when our offense looks putrid) the startling and real fact is that the grizzlies are only 2 games back of first place in the west. And 1 game back of 3rd in the west. This, even though Gasol is clearly not himself.

It's really hard to tell whether the grizzlies have a legit shot at winning it all or a disappointing first or second round exit. But (today at least) they seem as good or better than just about anybody not named Toronto or the warriors. If the grizzlies get healthy at the right time, they could make a run for it.

The grizzlies are halfway home to 6 games in this 10 game set, getting 3 wins in the last 5. They really need these two relatively easy games to get well and set them up for success going into the three game mini-road-gauntlet. Coming out of the Miami and Houston games with wins would do wonders for keeping the 50 game pace.

Up next: Miami at the crib.

Wed. Dec. 5 vs Clippers -- Win

Sat. Dec. 8 vs Los Angeles -- Loss

Mon. Dec. 10 @ Denver -- Loss

Wed. Dec. 12 vs Portland -- Win

Fri. Dec. 14  vs Miami

Sat. Dec. 15 vs Houston

Wed. Dec. 19 @ Portland

I was worried last night. Not so much anymore. That Miami game feels like a trap game.