Kevin B Moses

March toward 50 wins - grizzlies edition

3 hours ago, memphis slim said:

it was a bad loss and it stings for sure. but, all in all, the guys have played great in both the last 2- both losses. those two games could mean a great deal as we move forward IF coach uses them as teaching tools and motivation. in both games, the griz proved to be the better, dominant team.

coach has to come up with 2-3 different, subtle ways in order to take some of the offensive pressure off of mike. gasol could do it with one look in the mirror- im not knocking him. he has been great- believe me. conley could take a slight bit of that pressure off of himself by hitting jjj more frequently with that initial look in the interior. he has been reluctant to hit him each time and I think that would really sky-rocket the young buc's stats. I know it would cause more foul trouble for the opposition.

coach and co will make adjustments. I see no reason to fear the last two. the next one is going to be tough..so, be prepared for the iiwii monologue if we drop it.

slim.

100% agree with all of this.

27 minutes ago, BigHunkALove said:

Didn't want to start a new thread, so this one seemed the most appropriate.

ESPN praising us and insulting us (we are UGLY) at the same time

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/25384279/nba-memphis-grizzlies-back-their-ugly-winning-ways

BRAVO !!!

That is EXACTLY the type of narrative I was talking about ! 

GRIT GRIND 

DEFENSE 

... perfect

I'm starting to get nervous. I hate to say this but I feel like Fridays game is a must win. 

3 hours ago, grizzgolf said:

I'm starting to get nervous. I hate to say this but I feel like Fridays game is a must win. 

most def a must win. Last night was a must win. We could very well end up in a losing streak if we don't win this next one.

No room for error. Grizzlies need wins against Brooklyn and Philadelphia to maintain 50 win season.

But like I said, the west is a bloodbath as you can see. The grizzlies, even on the pace that they are at, are still only 2 games behind first place Clippers. If you manage to win just 50 games you are going to have HCA this year, no doubt. There probably won't even be a team that wins 60 games this year. Possibly GS, but I doubt it. 

Next up Brooklyn. 

Friday Nov 16. - Vs Sacramento -- Win

Sunday Nov. 18 - @ Minnesota -- Win

Monday Nov 19. - Vs Dallas (back to back game, four games in six nights) -- Win

Wednesday Nov 21.  @ San Antonio -- Win

Friday Nov. 23. @ LA Clippers -- Loss

Sunday Nov. 25 Vs New York -- Loss

Tuesday Nov. 27 Vs Toronto -- Loss

Friday Nov. 30. @ Brooklyn 

Sunday Dec. 2. @ Philadelphia

Because the West is so tough, I feel like they need to sweep a majority of the EC teams, especially teams like the Nets.

The way this team is, both games will be within 4 points with 2 minutes to go, and they'll probably lose to the Nets and beat the Sixers.

Well it all comes down to this last game against Philly at Philly. The grizzlies either go 1-0 and maintain 50 win pace, or they go 0-1 and they fall behind the pace by one game.

Time to leave some tickets for Kendall Jenner. 

Friday Nov. 30. @ Brooklyn -- Win

Sunday Dec. 2. @ Philadelphia

I must admit I was all like here we go - another one DJ Khalid  KBM thread...

But I must admit - this is one of your better reads...

Looks good !

Got me following along . 

That 3 game L streak (albeit against some tough teams) is leaving a stain... so glad we got back in the W column tonight.

Ending Record: 5-4.

Sunday Dec. 2. @ Philadelphia -- Loss

Commentary:

The grizzlies ended this block 1 game off of a 50 game pace. With signature wins at Milwaukee and Brooklyn (where JJJ provided a masterful glimpse of things to come).

The grizzlies also had victory snatched from them against the clippers when Mike fouled out of the game. All in all, the grizzlies effort was a good one. A couple of swings here and there and the grizzlies would have been on the 50 game pace.

Look for a new thread for the next block in the coming days. 

17 minutes ago, Kevin B Moses said:

No real need for a NEW thread ... can't you just keep this one rolling?

It would allow us to go back and see where we got our groove OR where the wheels start to fall off .

PLUS this is all part of the March Towards 50 Wins referenced in the OP.

AND ... it would spare us ->

*DJ Khaled voice

'ANOTHER ONE' 

right? 

9 minutes ago, 10SC-2-TOKYO said:

No real need for a NEW thread ... can't you just keep this one rolling?

It would allow us to go back and see where we got our groove OR where the wheels start to fall off .

PLUS this is all part of the March Towards 50 Wins referenced in the OP.

AND ... it would spare us ->

*DJ Khaled voice

'ANOTHER ONE' 

right? 

Sure

Our next block of ten games begins with the clippers today. Again, if you have been following this thread you know that we need to win 6 out of 10 to maintain our 50 win pace. The grizzlies ended their last block with one game behind their schedule, so at some out during their season they will have to go 7-3 in a block. It doesn't have to be this block. A solid 6-4 in the next ten games will do.

One of the premises behind this thread was for people to avoid the: "well, this is our season, these next ten games will be everything. If we don't do X,Y,Z, our season is a bust."-Headlines.

No. The grizzlies don't have to do nothing but go 6-4. Anything more is a bonus. It starts tonight with a revenge game against the clippers. The grizzlies will have 2 back to back games this set. One against the Lakers and one against Houston. Notice a theme here? The grizzlies back to backs so far: Lakers, Golden State and Houston, further proof that the nba hates what the grizzlies stand for.

The grizzlies have 5 home and 5 road games in this set and if there is any consolation about the b2b's it is that they end at home in both cases. Also, the Miami game might as well be a back to back to back. In case you are wondering it is 3255 miles from Portland to Miami, then we play Houston and then we travel another 2000 miles to play golden state. Can you say Jet Lag. But that's the way the league likes it. Going from Portland to Miami is BS and then going back to Memphis to play a back2b and then traveling 2000 miles to play GS is egregious. 

Anyway. Here are the next 10 games.  

Wed. Dec. 5 vs Clippers

Fri. Dec. 7 @ New Orleans

Sat. Dec. 8 vs Los Angeles

Mon. Dec. 10 @ Denver

Wed. Dec. 12 vs Portland

Fri. Dec. 14  vs Miami

Sat. Dec. 15 vs Houston

Mon. Dec. 17 @ Golden State

Wed. Dec. 19 @ Portland

Fri. Dec. 21 @ Sacramento

23 minutes ago, Kevin B Moses said:

Our next block of ten games begins with the clippers today. Again, if you have been following this thread you know that we need to win 6 out of 10 to maintain our 50 win pace. The grizzlies ended their last block with one game behind their schedule, so at some out during their season they will have to go 7-3 in a block. It doesn't have to be this block. A solid 6-4 in the next ten games will do.

One of the premises behind this thread was for people to avoid the: "well, this is our season, these next ten games will be everything. If we don't do X,Y,Z, our season is a bust."-Headlines.

No. The grizzlies don't have to do nothing but go 6-4. Anything more is a bonus. It starts tonight with a revenge game against the clippers. The grizzlies will have 2 back to back games this set. One against the Lakers and one against Houston. Notice a theme here? The grizzlies back to backs so far: Lakers, Golden State and Houston, further proof that the nba hates what the grizzlies stand for.

The grizzlies have 5 home and 5 road games in this set and if there is any consolation about the b2b's it is that they end at home in both cases. Also, the Miami game might as well be a back to back to back. In case you are wondering it is 3255 miles from Portland to Miami, then we play Houston and then we travel another 2000 miles to play golden state. Can you say Jet Lag. But that's the way the league likes it. Going from Portland to Miami is BS and then going back to Memphis to play a back2b and then traveling 2000 miles to play GS is egregious. 

Wed. Dec. 5 vs Clippers

Mon. Dec. 10 @ Denver

Wed. Dec. 12 vs Portland

Fri. Dec. 14  vs Miami

Sat. Dec. 15 vs Houston

Wed. Dec. 19 @ Portland

Interesting take on the egregious travel scheduling. I’d actually be super impressed if you could analyze further into the big market’s overall travel schedules to see if a biased pattern actually emerged. You’d have to use the whole season but it could be done

26 minutes ago, Subliminal said:

Interesting take on the egregious travel scheduling. I’d actually be super impressed if you could analyze further into the big market’s overall travel schedules to see if a biased pattern actually emerged. You’d have to use the whole season but it could be done

Well just looking at Golden State, at a glance, they only have as far as I can tell 1 over 2000 mile flight and that's when they go from LA LAKERS to Washington DC. Other than that, they are blessed with a schedule that favors them.

The grizzlies have 2 just on this trip alone. 

1 hour ago, Kevin B Moses said:

Wed. Dec. 5 vs Clippers

Mon. Dec. 10 @ Denver

Wed. Dec. 12 vs Portland

Fri. Dec. 14  vs Miami

Sat. Dec. 15 vs Houston

Wed. Dec. 19 @ Portland

Hmmm, you have a great point about Portland and Miami games causing jet lag cause they clearly hate the Grizzlies....except both games are actually home games. But other than that, great point.

1 hour ago, Dwash said:

Hmmm, you have a great point about Portland and Miami games causing jet lag cause they clearly hate the Grizzlies....except both games are actually home games. But other than that, great point.

lol, doh

Shall we do a Pick Em? It's been awhile lol

Clippers    W
@ New Orleans  W
Los Angeles L
@ Denver      L
Portland   W
Miami     W
Houston    L
@ Golden State L
@ Portland L
@ Sacramento W
5-5, which from that stretch games would be pretty good i'd say

Wed. Dec. 5 vs Clippers  W

Fri. Dec. 7 @ New Orleans W

Sat. Dec. 8 vs Los Angeles  W

Mon. Dec. 10 @ Denver L

Wed. Dec. 12 vs Portland W

Fri. Dec. 14  vs Miami W

Sat. Dec. 15 vs Houston W

Mon. Dec. 17 @ Golden State L

Wed. Dec. 19 @ Portland L

Fri. Dec. 21 @ Sacramento L

-------------------------------------------------------------

6-4 stretch

On 12/3/2018 at 7:54 AM, Kevin B Moses said:

Sunday Dec. 2. @ Philadelphia -- Loss

Commentary:

The grizzlies ended this block 1 game off of a 50 game pace. With signature wins at Milwaukee and Brooklyn (where JJJ provided a masterful glimpse of things to come).

The grizzlies also had victory snatched from them against the clippers when Mike fouled out of the game. All in all, the grizzlies effort was a good one. A couple of swings here and there and the grizzlies would have been on the 50 game pace.

Brooklyn is a signature win? Hallucinating again?

3 minutes ago, LuvThem Grizzlies said:

Brooklyn is a signature win? Hallucinating again?

Double overtime, 7 points in the last 33 seconds. Epic performance by Jaren Jackson Jr. Signature win.

Mic drop

11 hours ago, Dwash said:

Oof..

4 hours ago, Kevin B Moses said:

Double overtime, 7 points in the last 33 seconds. Epic performance by Jaren Jackson Jr. Signature win.

Mic drop

Against a team like Brooklyn? You gotta be kidding me.