WVgrizz

Dillon Brooks out 6-8 weeks. Do we bring in anyone?

We DID bring in Justin Holiday.  

On the other hand, Andrew Harrison just got cut.

On the other other hand, we REALLY need to tank.  

Whoa, whoa, whoa.

This is a guy that stepped on a basketball. Of course he goes on to break a toe. His next injury will be a broken nose from walking into a glass door. :lol:

5 minutes ago, Once_a_hater said:

Its coming, all this loosing and bad lucky has to mean something.

The kicker: RJ Barrett looks good.  Good skill set.  To me they look a bit better than anyone in the 2020 class.  Other than that, 2019 might STILL have better players in the 10-15 range (lotto or so).  

TANK hard.  Trade Jam for some 2nd round picks back.  Get Zion.  Roll Zion out there with Jaren and whatever we have remaining of the Grit/Grind 2.0 "core" for 2019-2020.  If we STILL have to tank we can do it in 2020-2021 having given up a middling lotto pick AT WORST in 2020.  

2019 also looks like it has guys that look like great fits next to Jaren.  To be honest, I think that Jaren might be kinda hard to build around.  Not enough of a bully or a rebounder to be a 4 (with a streaky 3 point shot, too), and he is not a CLASSIC run/jump alley-oop dunker/sky scraping shot blocking 7 footer. Ironically, a Jaren-Wiseman up front combo might not be a great fit.  Both good athletes, with Wiseman looking better but no Olympians.  Also both are kinda skinny, with Jaren being longer.  Neither are killer on the back boards.  Zion makes  a MUCH better tag-team partner inside for JJJ.  Kinda the same thing with Bol Bol although Super Bol at 8 sounds better than Wiseman at 1 at least in terms of value.  Although nbadraft.net still has Mr. Bol kinda high in the draft for 2019 and Mr. Wiseman at 12 in the 2020 draft.  

Some of the 2020 draft "depth" might come down to who stays in school vs. who declares.  But that would apply to mid-level depth (Nas Little or Quentin Grimes or guys like that).  I bet the top shelf one-semester-and-done's haven't seen the inside of a classroom in over a month....

2 hours ago, Acehigh718 said:

Qpon 2.0? 😟

Not the first time that someone said this.  I initially dismissed it but maybe u r on to something.   Im all for bringing up Yuta now.  if we tanking i dont want guys that have no future with team getting all the minutes(Casspi, Mack and Temple).

I still want Noah to be in rotation so he can make either JaM or Gasol expendable.   

I would be all for tanking except that I feel the most likely outcome is that the Grizzlies keep the draft pick for the next 2 years drafting at the #8 and #6 position, and the third year Boston/Grizz pick is #1 or #2.

I'd love to have Zion, but I don't like the Grizzlies odds.

5 hours ago, gentlemanquartely said:

because of Dillon Brooks?  if our season is over because he's injured it was over in preseason.

You’re talking to the guy who predicted 28 wins for the season so I have to agree with you it was over before the season began.

5 hours ago, 10SC-2-TOKYO said:

Ooopps wring thread ...

just lemme take this opportunity to hate on Mack some more.

10pts//7ast/3reb +12per

15 hours ago, Acehigh718 said:

Qpon 2.0? 😟

I don't understand the hype around Brooks and why this board loves him so much. He's a decent player who is outperforming his draft position but that's about it. He put up some empty stats during a season in which we were clearly tanking. I have never seen him as anything more than a bench player, maybe even third string. Hope he gets healthy and returns next year but I think people hype Dillon up a little too much. 

Get "rent-a-shooter" John Jenkins from Mike Miller's G team.

He shooting 43% from three, averages 25ppg.

6 hours ago, Subliminal said:

10pts//7ast/3reb +12per

aaannndddd 

i

still 

dont 

care !

funny thing , this irrational hate !

😑

you know how hard fanboys go ?

well my condition is exactly like that except in reverse where Mack is involved.

On 1/10/2019 at 6:44 AM, Ole Dirty Klondike said:

I don't understand the hype around Brooks and why this board loves him so much. He's a decent player who is outperforming his draft position but that's about it. He put up some empty stats during a season in which we were clearly tanking. I have never seen him as anything more than a bench player, maybe even third string. Hope he gets healthy and returns next year but I think people hype Dillon up a little too much. 

For a team with a woeful draft history, Dillon is like a light at the end of the tunnel. He aint the second coming, that's for sure. Given the hamstring that is Chancun's contract, having someone playing above his contract is a Godsend.

In an ideal world, Dillon is probably at best just part of 9-10 man rotation. Here he is like the fourth best on the roster.😳

It is pretty telling that we, as a fan base, are extremely excited and proud that we drafted a player who could be in a rotation.  Most places that would be the expectation but we are just happy to have hope about it.

So the 15 man roster is currently at 12 plus 2 two-way guys, correct?

Lost Dillon Brooks to injury.

Lost a player in the 2 for 1 swap to get Holiday

Parsons took Wallace's offer of assignment to California 

This team is really light on the perimeter and heavy in the post:

Perimeter: Conley, Anderson, Carter, Casspi, Holiday, Mack, Temple

I have to think that a trade or FA signing is imminent.  Perhaps they are waiting a few weeks until they figure out if they are in full tank mode or still shooting for the playoffs. 

Rumor has it we are getting a 2 year old coffee maker for Chancun that we will activate in the Lockerroom....  It can do both coffee and cappucino- Still bettter than we ever got from Parsons

3 minutes ago, Memphisyank said:

Rumor has it we are getting a 2 year old coffee maker for Chancun that we will activate in the Lockerroom....  It can do both coffee and cappucino- Still bettter than we ever got from Parsons

Traditional Brewer/Cappuccino maker or Keurig?

This matters.

6 hours ago, Grizzled Vet said:

So the 15 man roster is currently at 12 plus 2 two-way guys, correct?

Lost Dillon Brooks to injury.

Lost a player in the 2 for 1 swap to get Holiday

Parsons took Wallace's offer of assignment to California 

This team is really light on the perimeter and heavy in the post:

Perimeter: Conley, Anderson, Carter, Casspi, Holiday, Mack, Temple

I have to think that a trade or FA signing is imminent.  Perhaps they are waiting a few weeks until they figure out if they are in full tank mode or still shooting for the playoffs. 

We're at about $460k below the luxury tax line so I don't see any FA signings happening. As a matter of fact, the Holiday trade actually added salary to our books (and we gave up 2 second round picks for a rental. I assume to plan on trying to re-sign him this summer). Maybe a trade but I'd be surprised that a small market team with a losing record that also is in the top 10 salaries of the NBA and a smidgeon beneath the luxury tax line would sign a FA pushing them over that line.......but then again this is the Grizzlies that we're talking about. 

Maybe we should pair db with chancun and trade them. I like db a ton but if he’s done for the season maybe someone will take chancun from us for db’s (albeit modest) potential. He plays tough but he’s not going to win us a ton of ball games