WVgrizz

Dillon Brooks out 6-8 weeks. Do we bring in anyone?

Complete nonsense to bring on anyone who hasn't a clue how we have the #1 defense in the NBA. 

That makes Yuta and Jevon the first options, because they've at least been here for practices and watching games.  

Maybe we could strike a deal where we sign Melo, and before he plays one second with the Grizzlies, we manage to trade him to GSW  for a 2050 second round pick, two old used greasy basketballs, and a bag of old, smelly gym socks.  Presto!  Mission accomplished.  GSW implodes!

*Dusting off my old board roster move posts*  

Ahhh here it is!  

.......So what about Arron Afflalo?

About same age as Temple is an UFA.    Always considered a solid defender and was a career near .40% three PT shooter.     

He fits in as another 3D player with high BBIQ and experience that also offers some playmaking/ballhandling.   As long as the expectation isnt for him to be a microwave scorer then he shouldn't disappoint.  

Just food for thought. 

5 minutes ago, GrizzTigerFan said:

*Dusting off my old board roster move posts*  

Ahhh here it is!  

.......So what about Arron Afflalo?

About same age as Temple is an UFA.    Always considered a solid defender and was a career near .40% three PT shooter.     

He fits in as another 3D player with high BBIQ and experience that also offers some playmaking/ballhandling.   As long as the expectation isnt for him to be a microwave scorer then he shouldn't disappoint.  

Just food for thought. 

I also have thought of this. I think he would fit well with what we do

18 minutes ago, WVgrizz said:

I also have thought of this. I think he would fit well with what we do

Yea I have a difficult time believing he wouldn't outplay both Wayne and Marshon.   Those two stick out like sore thumbs in comparison to the rest of the roster.    

Dillon is really missed.  

1 minute ago, GrizzTigerFan said:

Yea I have a difficult time believing he wouldn't outplay both Wayne and Marshon.   Those two stick out like sore thumbs in comparison to the rest of the roster.    

Dillon is really missed.  

Selden would be out the door if Afflao would be brought in. I think Marshon has a spot on the team no matter what happens. I would rather us waive Selden, bring in Afflao and keep Marshon for spot minutes/ microwave time. Dillon is missed horribly.

Dillon Brooks is done for the season after injuring his leg in New Orleans. Just broke on Twitter. 

4 minutes ago, chipc3 said:

Dillon Brooks is done for the season after injuring his leg in New Orleans. Just broke on Twitter. 

oh no!!!!!!!!!!!

slim.

4 minutes ago, chipc3 said:

Lol I just said he needs to start. Cant even develop the one semi asset we have (other than JJJ)

Dillon is reportedly have surgery on his toe and is likely out for the season. Should be fully ready for summer workouts however. 

Hammer, Nail, Coffin. This season is over. 

Yep. We are in trouble. One of our only NBA level scorers done for the year. Its going to get even uglier boys!

Its a wrap. Its time for a "minor" procedure to scope out Conley's shoulder. Recovery time anywhere from 2 weeks to 6 months.

Bummed for Dillon & for Grizz Nation.  That said, I'm still way on board for bringing Yuta up and using him regularly.  That dude looks like he was born to play for Memphis.  

1 hour ago, chipc3 said:

Dillon is reportedly have surgery on his toe and is likely out for the season. Should be fully ready for summer workouts however. 

Hammer, Nail, Coffin. This season is over. 

because of Dillon Brooks?  if our season is over because he's injured it was over in preseason.

3 minutes ago, fanboyslim said:

We are cursed. There is no other explanation.

Except the official start of the tank.

This

21 minutes ago, roundtown said:

Bummed for Dillon & for Grizz Nation.  That said, I'm still way on board for bringing Yuta up and using him regularly.  That dude looks like he was born to play for Memphis.  

Yuta time, I want to see him playing from the sg/sf/pf. Trade Temple + Jam for a big salary for 2/3 years and get a 1st round pick. Trade Marc for young assets and/or picks.

8 minutes ago, Once_a_hater said:

This

Yuta time, I want to see him playing from the sg/sf/pf. Trade Temple + Jam for a big salary for 2/3 years and get a 1st round pick. Trade Marc for young assets and/or picks.

I would trade Marc for Pau, Rudy Gay, and two 2nd round picks at this point.

Whew what a stinker of a season.  Calkins bummed me out on the drive home yesterday when it sunk in.  Playoffs...not a likely goal at this stage.  So our GOAL is to be bad enough to be 9th from the bottom and convey the pick to Boston (I agree, I wanted a little playoff run and convey it but #1 goal is to get that pick off the table and then rebuild). 

So the best case scenario is a season where we miss the playoffs and have no pick.

LoL this year sucks.