WVgrizz

Dillon Brooks out 6-8 weeks. Do we bring in anyone?

3 minutes ago, smit-tay griz said:

For a SG/SF, Yuta was a pretty good rebounder in college, plus he's four inches taller and eighteen pounds heavier, which may or may not be helpful for getting into rebound position.  I checked DJ's college rebounding stats too and he slightly edged Yuta in that department though, so leaping ability could be helpful too.  I guess it's just a matter of who turns out to be more effective.

DJ has health problems, and can't go 100% like the rest of the players.  But, he has jumping skills that are out of the world.  If you look up any YouTube on DJ jumping, you will find out he's not normal.  So, because he's not healthy enough to play long minutes, you utilize him on rebounds.  His shooting skills have improved since playing in Europe.  But, it's not good enough as a NBA regular.

Yuta has not played long enough in the NBA or Europe to really know how he would do in rebounding.  He does drive well and make consistent goals driving.  Yuta is more of a complete overall player than DJ.  This is why Yuta fits in when the other team plays smaller, because he can drive and shoot better.  And, he would be better at rebound against a smaller opponent.

18 hours ago, 10SC-2-TOKYO said:

YU TA TIME !!!

I see what you did here.

You Tony Allen?

6 hours ago, Grizball said:

Camelo Anthony? He would had been selected at #2 to the Grizzlies in 2003 had we not surrendered the pick to DET for the Otis Thrope deal.

Good thing that worked out for us.  We'd probably still be looking for our first playoff victory.:lol:

6 minutes ago, smit-tay griz said:

Good thing that worked out for us.  We'd probably still be looking for our first playoff victory.:lol:

Are we sure we wouldn't have drafted Darko anyway?

On 11/14/2018 at 5:45 AM, smit-tay griz said:

I'm not sure I wouldn't take a shot at Carmelo. Don't know what MG & MC would think about it though.

42 minutes ago, LuvThem Grizzlies said:

I'm not sure I wouldn't take a shot at Carmelo. Don't know what MG & MC would think about it though.

They wanted him out of New York, couldn’t make it work with Russel and PG in OKC, and is currently getting run out of Houston. I don’t think this guy knows how to play team ball which would clash with what we’re doing. I don’t even think he can even be relied on to score like he used to. He’s surpassed red flag territory and entered Iverson land. 

1 hour ago, LuvThem Grizzlies said:

If we could just find a way to bring in Carmelo and dump Conley, that would be ideal, don’t you agree?

2 hours ago, El Guapo said:

They wanted him out of New York, couldn’t make it work with Russel and PG in OKC, and is currently getting run out of Houston. I don’t think this guy knows how to play team ball which would clash with what we’re doing. I don’t even think he can even be relied on to score like he used to. He’s surpassed red flag territory and entered Iverson land. 

And can't defend.

He's not even being considered, not even if he plays for free

2 hours ago, BigHunkALove said:

And can't defend.

He's not even being considered, not even if he plays for free

Yeah, subtraction by addition or whatever the saying is...his track record speaks for itself. If that’s what a team wants then go get him, but he doesn’t fit with our guys and system.

3 hours ago, El Guapo said:

Yeah, subtraction by addition or whatever the saying is...his track record speaks for itself. If that’s what a team wants then go get him, but he doesn’t fit with our guys and system.

He’d be great in a place like Cleveland that’s at the beginning of a long rebuild. He won’t be conductive to victories but he could attract some butts to seats in the meantime.

18 minutes ago, VikingWarrior said:

Can we somehow go after draymond ? If warriors want to keep KD maybe they are listening?

That is an entertaining idea (without any knowledge of the technical logistics it would entail). I ended up loving one of my previously most hated players (Matt Barnes) when he became a Grizz. 

5 hours ago, Subliminal said:

That is an entertaining idea (without any knowledge of the technical logistics it would entail). I ended up loving one of my previously most hated players (Matt Barnes) when he became a Grizz. 

Anyone calling KD a bi#ch gains my respect ......

6 hours ago, Subliminal said:

Yeah but matt barnes is a POS

21 hours ago, Subliminal said:

If we could just find a way to bring in Carmelo and dump Conley, that would be ideal, don’t you agree?

Not the way Conley is playing now. I think Houston was only paying Carmelo only 2.4M, you think the Grizz would pay the tax on him.

22 hours ago, El Guapo said:

It's hard to get 3 shooters shots.  Gasol would defer some to him, don't know about MC.

No way I would want Carmelo on this team. in our preseason thread I called out that he is/was a cancer and would cause Houston to implode. I know you can't blame their entire bad start on him... but look what happened once the team moved on...... 

I would rather have Z Bo than Melo. Zach can chuck mid range jumpers with the best of 'em -- and he's still probably a good rebounder and inside finisher. Plus, that chemistry with Marc.

1 hour ago, LuvThem Grizzlies said:

He' got his eyes on him?

close ...

seeing lotsa not even creative cussin' ... just wanted to give everybody a reminder that there are rules ... every now and again I pop up and say a little something.

for the most part - this is one of the BEST seasons for the boards.