Sign in to follow this  
Zappastache

Parsons - Disabled Player Exception or SOMETHING

1 hour ago, Father Pat said:

That piano has a better chance of becoming useful again than Parsons.

so does the guy under it 

😂😂

2 hours ago, Father Pat said:

That piano has a better chance of becoming useful again than Parsons.

Parson’s contract becomes useful next season...

I know this is about 12-14 months too early of a conversation without knowing the team & the roster, but will he be more useful as an expiring contract for the Grizzlies or someone else?

I'm thinking that because of the FA spending frenzy done that summer, there will be a whole lot of disappointing high money contract guys, and I'm not sure the Grizzlies will want to take back crummy salaries.

1 hour ago, Grizzled Vet said:

I know this is about 12-14 months too early of a conversation without knowing the team & the roster, but will he be more useful as an expiring contract for the Grizzlies or someone else?

I'm thinking that because of the FA spending frenzy done that summer, there will be a whole lot of disappointing high money contract guys, and I'm not sure the Grizzlies will want to take back crummy salaries.

Unless we are in the running for Kevin Durant (and, honestly, he would be an awesome fit) then should we ride his contract out?  Or trade him next year at the deadline?  Don't throw even more bad money and picks and players at this Parsons deal.

4 hours ago, Grizzled Vet said:

I don't think teams trade for expiring contracts anywhere near as much as they used to. Expiring contracts with small market teams also have less trade leverage because the rest of the league knows that they will not go over the luxury tax threshold. They can't or they lose the revenue sharing. This makes it more likely for them to get more garbage back. I don't expect any large market team to take on an expiring from any team getting small market revenue sharing. They have been complaining about it the last couple of years now.

https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/report-rifts-growing-among-small-and-big-market-nba-owners-over-revenue-sharing/

That's one article from last year that specifically names the Grizzlies.

Anyway, I don't see us getting rid of Parsons without taking back some pain in the form of a losing a couple of 1st rounders or taking another huge salary back.