Sign in to follow this  
Zappastache

Parsons - Disabled Player Exception or SOMETHING

Recommended Posts

21 minutes ago, BigHunkALove said:

I'm not sure it wouldn't be better to let his contract expire without trading it and have a huge amount of capspace to go after a max type FA player.

Why would we want to take on someone with another big non-expring contract who is mediocre at best? Unless its a number of smaller more useful contracts I don't see the sense in it. Why not do what the Lakers did and free up the balance sheet?

Or picks. But they'd have to be lottery or multiple 1st

like signing a FA like Parsons or max guys like conley/gasol ? do you trust CW with max capspace ? i dont trust our FO to sign anyone that would be better than we could get with parsons EXP .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, fanboyslim said:

Marc salary goes away at the same time, so that's a lot of cap space you won't fill with top FAs (plus Marc is more likely to re-sign for less.) In 2020 you want to have your own pick, cap space to a big FA and some assets (players and/or extra picks) from trades.

Obviously you don't want to absorb a contract that's worse than Parsons' without getting some picks as well. And if you don't get a good trade the option to let the contract expire is still there. No need to rush a bad trade.

Having all of that space is dangerous for the grizzlies and a small market team, honestly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I could careless if Parsons plays again for us. I think it’s more aggravating to watch him play than to see him on the bench. He has single handily robbed this franchise and in a perfect world should have to re-pay some of the money we lost to him. But then again, the FO is to blame for giving him such a big contract without a physical. We will never be able to trade him this season but maybe he can give us 10 minutes and 4 ppg when he is finally healthy enough to play if that ever happens. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Play him, put some ice on them knees and send his peg leg out there. It's obvious this guys career is over, put some wear and tear on the knees before he walks away at least. He's already robbed us, lets get something! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Zappastache said:

right, and i said i was wrong, that we could actually potentially get something from him when he is an expiring contract. 

just frustrated there is nothing we can do to help the team NOW

Sorry, missed that first time around.  Yes, it's frustrating, but may as well wait 'til a deal comes up or ride it out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, toocoolkellz said:

Play him, put some ice on them knees and send his peg leg out there. It's obvious this guys career is over, put some wear and tear on the knees before he walks away at least. He's already robbed us, lets get something! 

I'm really mad to bro but that's a bit to much lol.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, toocoolkellz said:

Play him, put some ice on them knees and send his peg leg out there. It's obvious this guys career is over, put some wear and tear on the knees before he walks away at least. He's already robbed us, lets get something! 

tough love, lol.

Put an Instagram snapshot camera on the rim of the goal or a mirror on the side of the court. That outta do the trick. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, costarica2 said:

I'm really mad to bro but that's a bit to much lol.

Yeah, I know lol, in a few years the landscape of this team will be completely different and I'm hoping we keep going in the right direction 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Kevin B Moses said:

tough love, lol.

Put an Instagram snapshot camera on the rim of the goal or a mirror on the side of the court. That outta do the trick. 

He'd ball out 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Kevin B Moses said:

tough love, lol.

Put an Instagram snapshot camera on the rim of the goal or a mirror on the side of the court. That outta do the trick. 

Is playing using a selfie stick illegal?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If we had a relatively healthy, or a "I want to help my team win" Parsons then we would have won the last three games.  He needs to get back on the court ASAP. We need to find a way to move him

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, WVgrizz said:

If we had a relatively healthy, or a "I want to help my team win" Parsons then we would have won the last three games.  He needs to get back on the court ASAP. We need to find a way to move him

agreed- we need a third option. Gasol and Mike look exhasuted at the end of games. Can we at least get Dillon back? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, WVgrizz said:

If we had a relatively healthy, or a "I want to help my team win" Parsons then we would have won the last three games.  He needs to get back on the court ASAP. We need to find a way to move him

I don't know the exact rules on this subject, but Parsons hasn't been ruled out for the season, we don't get a player exemption for him, so he must be ready to play right?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, BigHunkALove said:

I don't know the exact rules on this subject, but Parsons hasn't been ruled out for the season, we don't get a player exemption for him, so he must be ready to play right?

According to Rotoworld he was out for two more weeks. On November 12.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, fanboyslim said:

According to Rotoworld he was out for two more weeks. On November 12.

Thanks was hoping you'd answer.

So what is the rules, how long do you have to be out for to enable a team to bring someone else in? How does it affect the cap, and roster numbers?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, fanboyslim said:

According to Rotoworld he was out for two more weeks. On November 12.

Looks like at least another 2 weeks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

To move Parsons now is only done by giving up future assets and in return would be worthless roster fillers coming back.

Waiving him does nothing for the season, and stretching him again just hurts us further down the line.

The hope is he can contribute later in the season.  I don't expect it, but I don't rule it out either.  There is no good way out of this during the present season, and I don't expect it during the off-season either.  Right now his value is unfortunately only as an expiring contract, either for us or another team that will off load some assets to take on expiring.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, BigHunkALove said:

Thanks was hoping you'd answer.

So what is the rules, how long do you have to be out for to enable a team to bring someone else in? How does it affect the cap, and roster numbers?

In order to get a disabled player exception a panel of doctors appointed by the NBA must determine that the player is significantly more likely than not unable to play through June 15. We can apply for this exception until January 15.

If granted, we would be able to sign a free agent, claim a player from waivers, or trade for a player as long as it's only for the remainder of the season and for a salary equivalent to the MLE or less.

The thing is, I don't think Parsons is actually unable to play. He's severy limited, and probably could play limited minutes. The NBA is not going to grant the exception unless he has an actual, bona-fide long term injury.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, fanboyslim said:

In order to get a disabled player exception a panel of doctors appointed by the NBA must determine that the player is significantly more likely than not unable to play through June 15. We can apply for this exception until January 15.

If granted, we would be able to sign a free agent, claim a player from waivers, or trade for a player as long as it's only for the remainder of the season and for a salary equivalent to the MLE or less.

The thing is, I don't think Parsons is actually unable to play. He's severy limited, and probably could play limited minutes. The NBA is not going to grant the exception unless he has an actual, bona-fide long term injury.

Monday Night Raw is January 14th.  Can we get this guy booked in the main event?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

dont know if any of you guys ever saw the movie North Dallas Fortyn(based on the Dallas Cowboys) years ago, but there is a scene where Nick Nolte's character, a wide receiver, gets his knee shot up with lidocaine or xylocaine or novacaine--some sort of "caine."  They stick the needle in the knee joint then move it around to spread the medicine and then he goes out and plays.   Maybe Chandler needs to consider this so he can at least get on the court--however I dont know how it would feel to play NBA basketball with a numb knee.  But I agree with the sentiment posted earlier---Mike and Marc need help.  In the 4th quarter, they get no help.  The other teams have scouted MEM for these 20 games and they know that you turn up your defense on Mike and Marc and dont allow them to get off a clean shot and the others wont be able to pick up the slack.   Teams are playing the TA defense on Kyle A and leaving him wide open in the corner and basically playing 5 on 4 begging Kyle to shoot it.  I know Garrett Temple has shown promise but at the end of the game,  we need more from him. 

All I know is that Cuban knew Chandler was damaged way more than he let on.  We should have known something was up when Cubes wouldnt even make an offer to his buddy who he partied with.  Unlike CWallace, Cubes is no fool for a fool and his money are soon parted--see Chris Wallace and the Grizzlies money.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So tonight for the Nets game, the current box score reads Chandler Parsons  DNP-CD.

 

The past games, he's always listed as Chandler Parsons DNP-Right knee soreness, if he's listed at all.

Does ESPN always list players who don't play as DNP-CD immediately after they game until they get an update, or is there some movement as far as the readiness of Parsons being ready to play?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Parsons is officially out and to be reassessed in two weeks, so I assume ESPN is not aware or it’s a mistake. A different question is if he’s really that injured, but the official team line is he is.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this