Sign in to follow this  
LuvThem Grizzlies

The Grizz has to quit playing yo-yo with Marc & Mike

When games get close, everybody is just standing around. It happens every time, Conley dribbles around, passes to Gasol then hr hands it back to Conley, what kind of offense is this supposed to be. Moving the ball and players cutting to the goal is the way it is supposed to be.

6 hours ago, PutARingOnIt#GrizzFan said:

but they dont alway play that way when time get tough thet revert back to that...old habits die hard.

You're correct, they start off playing well with movement and everything, but come any scoring drought or crunch time, it is immediately back to the two man game. 

That’s how star players play in crunch time. The problem is Mike and Marc aren’t real star players. You would have no problem with Durant and Curry or Paul and Harden playing that way in the fourth 

28 minutes ago, Allen said:

That’s how star players play in crunch time. The problem is Mike and Marc aren’t real star players. You would have no problem with Durant and Curry or Paul and Harden playing that way in the fourth 

You can do that when you have players like those but the Grizz gonna have to figure out something else.

I think that is why it seems like when Mack is in during the 4th quarter, the offense flows better. He seems to get guys touches and have more movement.  I have nothing to support this with, but just from watching the game.

On 11/7/2018 at 8:43 AM, Allen said:

a non of those guys won playing like that...main reason KD went to GSW

12 minutes ago, PutARingOnIt#GrizzFan said:

KD lost game 6 when he tried to take over the game against GS when he was with OKC. He must've seen RW was out playing him badly, then he jumped ship.

44 minutes ago, LuvThem Grizzlies said:

Back to the topic, I think I only seen them try to run yo-yo once last night. They definitely had plays set up early for 3J.

Yeah, that was my gripe about the Suns game. And that final play to Mike for the 3 was so predictable everyone in the house knew that was coming. A left field approach which might have worked was to fake that and then go down low to Jaren for the tie. The Suns commentators were calling for their team to be wary of that play. I know, he's a rookie, we'll get there soon ...

1 minute ago, BigHunkALove said:

Yeah, that was my gripe about the Suns game. And that final play to Mike for the 3 was so predictable everyone in the house knew that was coming. A left field approach which might have worked was to fake that and then go down low to Jaren for the tie. The Suns commentators were calling for their team to be wary of that play. I know, he's a rookie, we'll get there soon ...

That wouldn't have work, Ayton was all over him. They should've used Conley as a decoy.

2 hours ago, PutARingOnIt#GrizzFan said:

Every team that has ever won any play like that. The big money players take over at the end of games 

1 hour ago, Allen said:

Every team that has ever won any play like that. The big money players take over at the end of games 

What is this about, are you mad that the grizzlies are actually competitive, so you have to re-hash old arguments about how Mike and Marc aren't stars?

Good Grief. Marc has made the allstar team 3 years, won the dpoy. The only time Mike has ever been asked to be the guy was in the 2016-2017 playoffs. Guess what, Mike recorded the 5th best per, over guys like James Harden and he did it with very little help, and the entire spurs team trying to stop him.

Give me a break man, you argument is tired.

This is why this board is a cancer, because of miserables. MemphisX is so beside himself that he is only interested in talking about Jaren or the 2019 draft. OKD only posts when the grizzlies lose.

smh.

8 minutes ago, Kevin B Moses said:

What is this about, are you mad that the grizzlies are actually competitive, so you have to re-hash old arguments about how Mike and Marc aren't stars?

Good Grief. Marc has made the allstar team 3 years, won the dpoy. The only time Mike has ever been asked to be the guy was in the 2016-2017 playoffs. Guess what, Mike recorded the 5th best per, over guys like James Harden and he did it with very little help, and the entire spurs team trying to stop him.

Give me a break man, you argument is tired.

This is why this board is a cancer, because of miserables. MemphisX is so beside himself that he is only interested in talking about Jaren or the 2019 draft. OKD only posts when the grizzlies lose.

smh.

I’ve felt the same way about Mike and Marc for years now though. High level role players who you aren’t winning anything building around but they’re the best a small market team can do

9 minutes ago, Allen said:

I’ve felt the same way about Mike and Marc for years now though. High level role players who you aren’t winning anything building around but they’re the best a small market team can do

I don't care how you classify them, they win, most of the time, unless they are completely outgunned. Also, role players were the difference between, last years rockets and this years rockets. So yeah, harden and paul look lost without those throwaway defensive players.

This is why I hate the powers that be in the nba. When is the great Anthony davis going to start winning? I guess when he joins the warriors.

And boston is getting blitzed by phoenix. I sure wish the grizzlies had that superstar kyrie on our team and Jason tatum, who I'm sure you think is better than Conley and Gasol put together.

1 hour ago, toocoolkellz said:

Dillon Brooks is someone I wouldn't mind taking the last shot. I don't even think he was on the floor 

Should have been Marshon. He's not scared of the moment AND he was hitting ... did not sniff the floor after the half though.

Feels kinda like we are trying too hard to get Mike back into things... We should just let him gradually work his way back... we know what he's capable of - he has nothing to prove to us. Use these games to see who else wants to and can actually step up for us in crunch time. 

Marc doesn't like that role. Dillion feels a little TA-ish to me. HE believes he can do it but WE ... or at least me - I don't have that much confidence in him yet.

Mike is working his way back- he still can and DID get us some crunch time points. 

1 hour ago, Kevin B Moses said:

And boston is getting blitzed by phoenix. I sure wish the grizzlies had that superstar kyrie on our team and Jason tatum, who I'm sure you think is better than Conley and Gasol put together.

I little too soon on that one bud. Milwaukee up big on GSW mid third though