29 members have voted

1. 1. Who's getting traded first

• Marc will be traded by the trade deadline
    • Mike will be traded by the trade deadline
    • Chancun will be traded by the trade deadline
    • 2 will be traded by the trade deadline
    • All 3 will be gone
    • No change, those 3 will all be on teh roster after the trade deadline

I know it was only one game and against a good team and we struggle against the East BUTTTTT, this team just doesn't have the firepower to compete on a consistent basis. I'm thinking they will blow the team up this year. 

Rusty first game, but too early to give up yet. Mike/Mark both struggled to get going offensively. We were getting all of the shots we wanted, they just were not going in. 

25 minutes ago, Memphisyank said:

Rusty first game, but too early to give up yet. Mike/Mark both struggled to get going offensively. We were getting all of the shots we wanted, they just were not going in. 

Agreed, not basing it all on one game, I've had a feeling that they would blow up the team this year one way or another.

How many times have our Big 3 played together and even if they played together, how often were all of them healthy? We are investing a ton of money in 3 players on the wrong side of 30 (Parsons turns 30 next week) with injury histories to be a lottery team or fringe  playoff team at  best.

They can't blow the team up there aren't enough big expiring contracts out there to make the money work. The team won't be getting good players for any of those 3 back in a trade we are basically stuck with them unless we take on big contracts with years on them 

1 minute ago, Ole Dirty Klondike said:

Agreed, not basing it all on one game, I've had a feeling that they would blow up the team this year one way or another.

How many times have our Big 3 played together and even if they played together, how often were all of them healthy? We are investing a ton of money in 3 players on the wrong side of 30 (Parsons turns 30 next week) with injury histories to be a lottery team or fringe  playoff team at  best.

Don't have a big 3 that terminology is reserved for good players

The team didn't trade Tyreke when he had an expiring contract and the team was trying to lose. Why does anyone "believe" (obviously thinking is out the window) that Wallace won't over-value Gasol, Conley and even Parsons and wait until for a better offer until only ****e offers are left on the table? 

19 minutes ago, Ndq0327 said:

They can't blow the team up there aren't enough big expiring contracts out there to make the money work. The team won't be getting good players for any of those 3 back in a trade we are basically stuck with them unless we take on big contracts with years on them 

All of this.

Plus (again).

The bad teams with high draft picks have no reason to trade, and probably only have equally bad salaries & contracts (Ryan Anderson).

The good teams don't have strong enough need to pick up any of these players at the cost of their young talent.

And really, multiple (non-expiring) players that equate the salaries are a bigger problem because of the roster spots they take up.

Dealing Parsons is the farthest possibility.

At least Gasol is possibly expiring.

Conley could be a strong contributor on a very good team.

But still....so unlikely.

10 minutes ago, Ndq0327 said:

I wouldn't put it pass them. I don't think they would be looking for good players in return. I think they would look for expiring contracts from multiple players.

9 minutes ago, Ndq0327 said:

Don't have a big 3 that terminology is reserved for good players

8 minutes ago, chipc3 said:

The team didn't trade Tyreke when he had an expiring contract and the team was trying to lose. Why does anyone "believe" (obviously thinking is out the window) that Wallace won't over-value Gasol, Conley and even Parsons and wait until for a better offer until only ****e offers are left on the table? 

Maybe, but I think they'll make trades this year.

Conley is the only one of them who might have some standalone value in a trade at this point, but I cant think of too many teams who a) think they're close enough to being competitive to bite on a deal and b) actually need a point guard.

San Antonio, maybe? But they never make any trades and don't have anything to offer that they would part with.

10 minutes ago, Ole Dirty Klondike said:

I wouldn't put it pass them. I don't think they would be looking for good players in return. I think they would look for expiring contracts from multiple players.

If they don't make a change at the top, what makes anyone believe the changes below will make a difference? 

The trade they could make this year would be for a starting SG that has years that teams are looking to get off of for expirings.

JaM+Temple for:

Fournier
Bazemore
Courtney Lee
Hardaway Jr.

Funny that Ryan Anderson was mentioned. In the past year alone:

Carmelo Anthony $25,534,253...traded
Ryan Anderson    $20,421,546...traded    
George Hill $19,000,000...traded
Dwight Howard    $18,919,725 ...traded   
Allen Crabbe $18,500,000...traded
Bismack Biyombo    $17,000,000...traded
Timofey Mozgov    $16,000,000...traded

Cleveland was willing to take on George frickin Hill for a playoff run jeez. I guarantee ya'll a low seed playoff team one Gasol or Conley away from making the conference finals will make a decent offer at the deadline.

1 minute ago, cdp said:

Cleveland was willing to take on George frickin Hill for a playoff run jeez. I guarantee ya'll a low seed playoff team one Gasol or Conley away from making the conference finals will make a decent offer at the deadline.

The Lakers are in "win now mode" but still a level behind the Warriors.

I could see the Lakers trying to make some moves at the trade deadline.

1 hour ago, Ole Dirty Klondike said:

They will make small trades with guys like Rabb Seldon Harrison Temple Green. That along with no draft picks means this is going to be a long haul of being bad 

16 minutes ago, cdp said:

Conley makes 30 mil and very few contenders need a phone Marc could possibly go to Totonto but how much better than Jonas Valinciunas is he at this point in his career just because big contracts have been moved doesn't change the circumstances.

Melo is the only contract close to Mike Marc and Chandler and he's still better than all three of them.

I'll put my money and Jam being traded as well... We have JJJ and Ivan Rabb who, in my opinion, have already shown they can step in to Jamychal's role.

1 hour ago, New_Sacred_Cow said:

The trade they could make this year would be for a starting SG that has years that teams are looking to get off of for expirings.

JaM+Temple for:

Fournier
Bazemore
Courtney Lee
Hardaway Jr.

Gain scoring and completely lose rebounding this team is so flawed the only course of action is to just start over 

1 hour ago, Ndq0327 said:

Conley makes 30 mil and very few contenders need a phone Marc could possibly go to Totonto but how much better than Jonas Valinciunas is he at this point in his career just because big contracts have been moved doesn't change the circumstances.

Melo is the only contract close to Mike Marc and Chandler and he's still better than all three of them.

Detroit and Indy could use an upgrade at the point. Not to mention non-playoffs teams that might be looking to make a push; Clips, Suns, Magic, Nets. Meanwhile Gasol would be an upgrade to what the Bucks, Spurs, Lakers, Raps and Wiz have at center. I'm just saying that if those guys i mentioned could be traded then we'll have no problem finding a new team for Conley or Gasol if need be.

Also you definitely did not watch Carmelo last year or last night at all. There's no way he's better than Conley or Gasol right now.

how about just trade the exp and guys with no future here for once  and take on a bit of salary . i'll take a few extra picks and less cap room over CW having salary to blow .

why say no to these deals ? 

8 hours ago, Acehigh718 said:

Conley is the only one of them who might have some standalone value in a trade at this point, but I cant think of too many teams who a) think they're close enough to being competitive to bite on a deal and b) actually need a point guard.

San Antonio, maybe? But they never make any trades and don't have anything to offer that they would part with.

Pelicans?

The way The Brow and Mirotic AND their current BACKUP PF Randle played last night and gave the Rockets the bizness, rhey would be seriously good with a "healthy" Conley but what do we get in return? And how would the cap/money thing work?

A late 1st pick?

Pelicans' trash?

To think the Pelicans got Randle, even for a one year rental for slightly more money than we got Green on the books for - I'm shaking my head ...

By the way - didnt someone on these boards say Randle was overated and no good?

This guy can score both inside on the block and outside AND rebound.

I see him as ZBO MK II

Imagine a Randle JJJ front court? That's the beginning of a future rebuild 

2 hours ago, IdrinkGuinness said:

how about just trade the exp and guys with no future here for once  and take on a bit of salary . i'll take a few extra picks and less cap room over CW having salary to blow .

why say no to these deals ? 

It was a calculated risk. Just like I took a risk that I could win in court against a lawyer and I rejected their last minute $400 dollar offer.

Wallace was hoping that somebody would make a 1st round pick offer. Hindsight is 20/20. Sure you would LOVE that deal NOW. I doubt seriously though that had Wallace made those deals that you would have been giddy about the return. You probably would have criticized Wallace insistently, especially if he had made the deal with boston.

So don't act like you are appalled that he didn't accept one of these deals. Sometimes you are the rat and sometimes you are the cheese.

I lost in court and I feel like I'm an idiot to think I could have won now that I lost, but those are the breaks. That $400 offer was bull****, so at least I took my pound of flesh out of state farm one way on the other: lawyer fees. 

6 minutes ago, Kevin B Moses said:

It was a calculated risk. Just like I took a risk that I could win in court against a lawyer and I rejected their last minute $400 dollar offer.

Wallace was hoping that somebody would make a 1st round pick offer. Hindsight is 20/20. Sure you would LOVE that deal NOW. I doubt seriously though that had Wallace made those deals that you would have been giddy about the return. You probably would have criticized Wallace insistently, especially if he had made the deal with boston.

So don't act like you are appalled that he didn't accept one of these deals. Sometimes you are the rat and sometimes you are the cheese.

I lost in court and I feel like I'm an idiot to think I could have won now that I lost, but those are the breaks. That $400 offer was bull****, so at least I took my pound of flesh out of state farm one way on the other: lawyer fees. 

the boston offer was awesome , a young 1st round pick  and 2 nds for tyreke  , why wouldnt i have liked that offer ?

20 minutes ago, IdrinkGuinness said:

the boston offer was awesome , a young 1st round pick  and 2 nds for tyreke  , why wouldnt i have liked that offer ?

Maybe because he is a worse pick than Wade Baldwin which the board hated.