Sign in to follow this  
bhoyal

Bickerstaff's days are numbered...write it down

Recommended Posts

21 hours ago, Blue Bear said:

I have to disagree with you because in the past Mike was willing to be Robin and let Zbo lead the team. I noticed the page turning when Zbo was benched a couple of years ago. Mike is playing all-about-Mike ball. Team ball went out of the window. 

Mack is jacking up shots because JB allows this with the 3 guard rotation and they freeze Jaren out. They are willing to let him get the ball at the top of the key because they offense they run is a quick pass from Jaren to someone else. Jaren needs to just dribble drive and break the play because it's nonsense.

You could be right man, but I get a feeling Mike has been told to shoot it all the time.  My guess is they sat him down and said look around....who are you going to defer to?  Shoot it. 

Just a guess but I think if Mike was playing his natural desired roll it would not be shooting like this- I think he was told it has to be done.  Now it seems to have sunk in for Mike but Mark still is as passive as ever.

Either way, JJJ NEEDS TO BE MORE UTILIZED!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just to be clear, im not promoting that JB get fired..yet at least.  But the eyeball test is being supported by the stats so you really need to sit down and think about wth you are doing with these rotations and minute assignments.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

someone mentioned that they believe fiz was fired because of gasol. probably accurate for sure, but I think it was truly a blessing. 

the majority of players on his team hadn’t a clue about their roles. I believe that is one of the core elements to coaching. players need to know their roles and their contribution in the recipe. 

this is something that jb needs to begin to accomplish as well. I realize that db is out and that has things off somewhat, but ask yourself..what’s marshon’s role? wayne? jaren or j green your finisher? we are getting fairly deep within the season. it’s time for coach to show his hand and stop fishing blindly. 

 

slim. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/12/2018 at 4:23 AM, chipc3 said:

it sure sounds to me that you are saying the current players aren’t talented enough.

Of course they aren't, but they are the best we could get from the path we've been on for years - mid-performance team with no chance at a high draft pick most years, plus blowing the high pick when we had it and trading away a couple of lower firsts.  Plus no one saying "Ooh, ooh, I wanna play in Memphis!"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, memphis slim said:

someone mentioned that they believe fiz was fired because of gasol. probably accurate for sure, but I think it was truly a blessing. 

the majority of players on his team hadn’t a clue about their roles. I believe that is one of the core elements to coaching. players need to know their roles and their contribution in the recipe. 

this is something that jb needs to begin to accomplish as well. I realize that db is out and that has things off somewhat, but ask yourself..what’s marshon’s role? wayne? jaren or j green your finisher? we are getting fairly deep within the season. it’s time for coach to show his hand and stop fishing blindly. 

 

slim. 

Good point.

I definitely think the injuries to D Brooks and JaM have played a part in messing up the establishment of some key roles.

Most people on here are wanting to see Jaren given a little bit longer leash. No reason why this shouldn't happen at this point. Seems like this would Mike/Marc too.

It is hard for me to get too frustrated with our fringe guys - Mack, Temple, M Brooks, Seldon - they can't be expected to carry the mail. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/13/2018 at 10:59 AM, Allen said:

I have years of games and results. Remember when Gasol didn’t even attempt a shot in the 4th quarter of an elimination game?

Yall continue to expect him to be a consistent reliable  scoring presence even though we have ten  years of evidence that that’s not his game. It’s insanity 

With Conley all a team has to do is put a bigger athletic defender on him and he’s done for. 

Very predictable outcome 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Now THAT was the deer in the headlights looks in the post game presser tonight.

He has no answers.  The JBB era is nearing an end.  Like really soon.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, bhoyal said:

Now THAT was the deer in the headlights looks in the post game presser tonight.

He has no answers.  The JBB era is nearing an end.  Like really soon.

When that guy asked about the idea that the grizzlies wins early in the season was a product of teams not knowing what the grizzlies were doing, Bickerstaff took a doubletake it was **** good question and he did not answer that well.

He goes back to the rah rah (motivational) speech. No Xs and Os to be found. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You know, when the Warriors went through turmoil (and hopefully it aint over) one thing struck me:

Kerr came out in front of the media and said it was HIS FAULT, he'd had a stretch that was probably the worst coaching of his career.

That showed strength and leadership because everyone knew that what he said was BS but he was willing to take some heat and deflect it from the team

How about JB show some leadership like that and call himself out?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Kevin B Moses said:

When that guy asked about the idea that the grizzlies wins early in the season was a product of teams not knowing what the grizzlies were doing, Bickerstaff took a doubletake it was **** good question and he did not answer that well.

He goes back to the rah rah (motivational) speech. No Xs and Os to be found. 

😄

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Kevin B Moses said:

When that guy asked about the idea that the grizzlies wins early in the season was a product of teams not knowing what the grizzlies were doing, Bickerstaff took a doubletake it was **** good question and he did not answer that well.

He goes back to the rah rah (motivational) speech. No Xs and Os to be found. 

giphy.gif

med_1478270289_image.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this