bhoyal

Bickerstaff's days are numbered...write it down

On 11/8/2018 at 9:04 PM, smit-tay griz said:

The Conley hate is strong in you.  You're beginning to move into Memfizz territory.

I wasn't talking about sitting Conley down, just not putting him back in when the game gets close at the end. Until he gets better I would rather see Mack given a chance to finish and if it doesn't happen with him in, then go back to Conley. I don't believe in having any player on the floor at closing time when you have a player doing better sitting on the bench.  Are you going to hold the whole team back for that player?

4 hours ago, LuvThem Grizzlies said:

I wasn't talking about sitting Conley down, just not putting him back in when the game gets close at the end. Until he gets better I would rather see Mack given a chance to finish and if it doesn't happen with him in, then go back to Conley. I don't believe in having any player on the floor at closing time when you have a player doing better sitting on the bench.  Are you going to hold the whole team back for that player?

I can buy your logic here, but MC has proven to be good delivering when it counts, as he showed hitting the tying bucket against the Nuggets.  On the other hand, I wouldn't fault JB for going to the hot hand either.  Against the Suns MC came up short on the last play, but I really think that JJJ was the first option for a lob, but the play was poorly executed.

how many young guys does he have to play lol .  kings have been a nightmare for years and years  and they play bagley 22mpg and BJ 26 hardly seems like it should be a huge issue .

8 minutes ago, IdrinkGuinness said:

how many young guys does he have to play lol .  kings have been a nightmare for years and years  and they play bagley 22mpg and BJ 26 hardly seems like it should be a huge issue .

I've had mixed feelings about Joerger but he's totally sitting veteran Zach Randolph, a guy with over 18000 points and over 10000 rebounds, to play younger players and has the team looking more competitive than they have in many years.  Maybe they should be careful what they wish for.

2 hours ago, smit-tay griz said:

I've had mixed feelings about Joerger but he's totally sitting veteran Zach Randolph, a guy with over 18000 points and over 10000 rebounds, to play younger players and has the team looking more competitive than they have in many years.  Maybe they should be careful what they wish for.

yeah i'm confused what they are thinking lol .  every team above them has  pretty solid rosters and they are in the mix for a playoff spot and outperforming in most peoples minds .. maybe draft the guy that everyone in the world would have picked , the guy that was a pro and more ready to play right away 

The Kings’ FO is the most dysfunctional in the entire NBA. Bagley isn’t a bust, but he’s clearly not better at this point than Doncic or JJJ (or possibly Trae) and they’re feeling the heat for their decision, so they feel the need to do something, ANYTHING, to show they’re in control. And firing the coach is always the easiest way out.

Nevermind that as others are saying ZBo has been sidelined, young guys like Fox and Hield are getting lots of minutes and thriving, and all this while staying in the playoff race (they don’t have a 2019 so no incentive to tank) which is energizing to their fan base. And Bagley isn’t starting, but he isn’t getting a lot less minutes than JJJ either. It’s not like he’s buried in the bench. I can see him starting instead of Bjelica (I’d do it) but is not doing it really a firing-worthy offense?

Yep, what they need is someone that gives Labissiere lots of minutes. That’s the Kings’ future, right there.

The thing is: people always doubted the grizzlies, even when they went to west finals, even when they took two games from golden state and that lead to the idea that Mike and Marc were pretty good, but they were far from what they needed to be to really compete.

I feel like the grizzlies have been hiding in plain sight. There was a reason that they did everything that they did and it's because Mike and Marc are criminally underrated.

Maybe if the grizzlies are #1 in the standing that possibly they will actual let mike go to the allstar game, but only if lillard and the rest are below the top 8. Even if the grizzlies had the #1 seed: they wouldn't let Mike AND Marc go. Because hey they got to get Klay Thompson, Draymond, Curry and Steph on the team first. 

23 hours ago, Allen said:

I had no idea where to post this and this is the best thread I could think of but

https://sports.yahoo.com/sources-disagreement-kings-direction-lead-coach-dave-joergers-dismissal-003326681.html

did they not do any homework on him before hiring him?

Joerger is coaching to win games. Only Sacramento would have an issue with this... and Memphis before they reduscovered that winning is pretty fun for fans.

Whats going on with the rotations and play calls, esp in the last 5 mins of each game? Have we got any set O plays?

3 hours ago, Blue Bear said:

He doesn't run jack squat for Jaren. Coach Fizz would have figured out how to use him at least.

He's been played all wrong by JB, even Brevin said it in the last game. He's been played too far away from the basket, he's spending a lot of his court time at the top of the key or at the perimeter setting screens. He's being used almost like a stretch 4 - IMHO F that, put him in the low block, get him some early entry passes and let him do his thing. I said this before, and I certainly don't profess to be an expert, but when they did play the Kid in the role I said what happened? He killed them, the Kings game, and that 36 pt game. He can play the perimeter but don't use him primarily in that role. His advantages are down low - how hard is that for this dam coaching staff to see?

37 minutes ago, BigHunkALove said:

He's been played all wrong by JB, even Brevin said it in the last game. He's been played too far away from the basket, he's spending a lot of his court time at the top of the key or at the perimeter setting screens. He's being used almost like a stretch 4 - IMHO F that, put him in the low block, get him some early entry passes and let him do his thing. I said this before, and I certainly don't profess to be an expert, but when they did play the Kid in the role I said what happened? He killed them, the Kings game, and that 36 pt game. He can play the perimeter but don't use him primarily in that role. His advantages are down low - how hard is that for this dam coaching staff to see?

It’s unfathomable at this point. Especially with nagging injuries to Conley (finger) and Gasol, it would make sense to make JJJ the focal point of offense. But no - park him at the perimeter and let Conley drive. You gotta run plays for him to get him going and don’t get away from those plays after the first Q. We get lucky with a stud and have no idea how to use him esp now with injuries creeping in to our 2 primary players.

JB was a Gasol pick, lazy hire. Gasol knew that JB wouldn't press him to play "the right way" and stop being passive, like Fizz did. Now, that Gasol is doing what Gasol does and folding for this next stretch (until the All-star break), the Grizz are relying on Conley to score, which is  a losing proposition. The Honeymoon is over.  

7 hours ago, BigHunkALove said:

To be fair - earlier in the season when JB was playing him in the lowblock.  Fans was complaining that he was being used incorrectly then too.   They were clamoring for him to be used as a floor spacer and slasher.      Not saying you are wrong i am just noting that the argument has reversed.  Credit to the kids skillset i guess. 

1 hour ago, GrizzTigerFan said:

To be fair - earlier in the season when JB was playing him in the lowblock.  Fans was complaining that he was being used incorrectly then too.   They were clamoring for him to be used as a floor spacer and slasher.      Not saying you are wrong i am just noting that the argument has reversed.  Credit to the kids skillset i guess. 

Yeah, he was playing in the low block but they couldn't throw a single entry pass into the post. Each time he gets in the low block they turn the ball over trying to throw to him. A lot of the times it, because they wait to long to throw the ball and defense, is ready to defend against it. 

I think he should mix it up a bit but they should run plays for Jaren in the post. He passes out of doubles and it gives other players good looks on the perimeter. I know I'm not a coach but this seems so logical to make these changes. I don't get it. 

40 minutes ago, Blue Bear said:

Yeah, he was playing in the low block but they couldn't throw a single entry pass into the post. Each time he gets in the low block they turn the ball over trying to throw to him. A lot of the times it, because they wait to long to throw the ball and defense, is ready to defend against it. 

I think he should mix it up a bit but they should run plays for Jaren in the post. He passes out of doubles and it gives other players good looks on the perimeter. I know I'm not a coach but this seems so logical to make these changes. I don't get it. 

Yes u right.  They have been bad as a team overrall throwing passes into post.  I wonder if Noah is better at it.  Id like to see those two paired together more.

On 11/10/2018 at 9:54 PM, smit-tay griz said:

I think JB's numbered days are growing longer.

Or were until the last couple of games.

Is there any coach who’s days aren’t numbered? Coaches are hired to be fired. Even Pops days are numbered.

47 minutes ago, chipc3 said:

Is there any coach who’s days aren’t numbered? Coaches are hired to be fired. Even Pops days are numbered.

Pops ain't leaving til he croaks or quits, well retires.

5 hours ago, GrizzTigerFan said:

Yes u right.  They have been bad as a team overrall throwing passes into post.  I wonder if Noah is better at it.  Id like to see those two paired together more.

The problem with that is Noah is strictly a low post player so Jaren will be forced to play "stretch 4" unless we pack the paint, then Mack and/or Marshon become useless.

Just on Marshon, another example of poor coaching last nite, he comes out with the hot hand in the 1st qtr, then aside from a few mins in the 2nd, sits for the rest of the game? What's up with that? What's the point of having a shooter/scorer if he's sitting because Coach wants two-man yo-yo ball as the main play?

I think its time that Marshon is given time with Mike and Marc together on the floor, have a look at the numbers, they're pretty good, but not many mins played with that combo. If Anderson and JaM/Jaren are also on the floor, they can cover for any deficiencies in Marshon's D, and takes pressure  of Mike being the one to have to be the scorer. Mike with Mack sux because Mike becomes a spot up shooter, and Mack sux as a spot up shooter

7 hours ago, GrizzTigerFan said:

Yeah I get that, people wanted Jaren to be launching 3s like in that summer league game, but he needs improving in that area. Clearly Marc is the better of the two in this area (up until Marc got hurt in the Toronto game)

The advocates for Jaren in the low post are not saying not to shoot any 3s, but clearly Coach needs to mix it up, and have Jaren do both, but primarily in the low post. That's where right now he has the skill set and advantage over a lot of his opposing matchups.

And Conley needs to dang well practice his entry passes to Jaren, and do it quickly and early. That aspect has been poor this year, but practice can sought this out. It wasn't a problem when the entry passes were going to #50.