bhoyal

Bickerstaff's days are numbered...write it down

31 minutes ago, Ndq0327 said:

The offensive system they are TRYING to run doesn't cater to one player specifically and that's not a good system to run when your three  best players Mike Marc JJJ all function better in a pick and roll system.......this is the third straight coach that has come in here with some grand plan for the offense Marc and Mike are only good at one thing, and that's more cause Marc is big and slow and too passive to play any other type of way.

THIS 1000%

Zbo is gone so the team offense will automatically look different.  These new coaches are severely over-complicating things trying to put their "stamp" on the team.   Simplify things first and gradually introduce new stuff.  JB appears to be throwing out the baby with the bath water.  

1 hour ago, Dwash said:

Are we blaming the coach over the GM for this mess? For real??

I'm not! The same people who said it was Lionel's fault, Joerger's fault and Fizdale's fault are now blaming J.B. 

After a while it would seem logical that a string of coaches reflects on a poor GM more than anything but somehow Wallace stays in command despite the draft failures, the trading failures, the signing errors and the poor coaching decisions. 

Look, blaming the coach at this point is absurd. For all we know he's getting dictated who to play and how much and he's just a handy scapegoat for CW to sacrifice when Pera finally realizes his ridiculous 50+ win goal is unattainable, so he can live to "manage" another day. 

But that shouldn't keep us from pointing out and criticizing bad coaching decisions, especially strategic decisions that may jeopardize the long term outlook of the franchise. And that's true whether the bad coaching decisions come from JB or from higher up.

Anyway, my main takeaway from a coaching standpoint is (paraphrasing something I read somewhere) if we're going to suck, better suck with young players that will be here 2-3 years from now than with veteran players that will leave after this season.

Anyway, I always give the team 10 games to start drawing conclusions. I hope yesterday was just first day jitters and JB and the players can give us something to root for in the coming games.

4 minutes ago, fanboyslim said:

Anyway, I always give the team 10 games to start drawing conclusions. I hope yesterday was just first day jitters and JB and the players can give us something to root for in the coming games.

Last night was worse than first day jitters.  It was a major suck-fest.  111 - 83 loss to a team not called Golden State is an issue.

21 minutes ago, bhoyal said:

Last night was worse than first day jitters.  It was a major suck-fest.  111 - 83 loss to a team not called Golden State is an issue.

But I'm not focusing on the size of the loss. As i said elsewhere, we're going to have a lot of blowouts this season due to bad matchups. And that should be ok (in the context of a rebuild) as long as:

1. We work on building our future core by giving promising young guys plenty of playing time and the opportunity to make mistakes and learn.

2. We don't jeopardize our long term financial outlook with short term personnel moves.

So far, we're keeping up with goal #2 as our offseason moves have only brought in cheap, expiring contracts and our big FA signing (Slo-mo) is a very reasonable contract that can be easily moved if needed. However yesterday's game gives me very bad vibes about goal #1.

By the way, notice that giving our 2019 pick away is not an absolute must for me. I think it would be bad if we don't do it this year because I think we will get worse before we get better, and I'd rather get a higher pick in 2020/21. But If we do suck to the point that we can't stay outside the bottom 8 better tank in earnest and at least get another building block for the future.

24 minutes ago, Kevin B Moses said:

lol at this thread. Overaction much?

Exactly.   The chemistry among players and with the coaching staff is high.    What we have to work on is playing no turnover basketball.   And 3J needs to learn what will get a foul call.    He got the physical skills otherwise.

What this team should put on its coaching staff is a former referee, who does nothing but educate and drill it into the players what would get a foul call.   He would have credibility in the eyes of the players coming from a referee background that former player coaches would not have.

1 hour ago, Joey Crawford said:

Exactly.   The chemistry among players and with the coaching staff is high.    What we have to work on is playing no turnover basketball.   And 3J needs to learn what will get a foul call.    He got the physical skills otherwise.

What this team should put on its coaching staff is a former referee, who does nothing but educate and drill it into the players what would get a foul call.   He would have credibility in the eyes of the players coming from a referee background that former player coaches would not have.

tim-donaghy_15gd3dldg39x618zrmlcl9phwe.j

I hear he's looking for new opportunities

3 hours ago, Kevin B Moses said:

lol at this thread. Overaction much?

Didn't we start 5-2 last season as well? I hope we stay healthy and beat the odds but the truth of the matter is we have played a relatively weak schedule so far.

3 minutes ago, Ole Dirty Klondike said:

Didn't we start 5-2 last season as well? I hope we stay healthy and beat the odds but the truth of the matter is we have played a relatively weak schedule so far.

Like I said, the only hope you all have is that Mike or Marc has a season-ending injury. Otherwise they are going to make y'all look silly.

And hoping that Mike and marc get hurt to prove your point is pretty vapid if you ask me. It's clear that Mike makes a huge difference on this team and Marc can still anchor a top 5 defense in the league when he has help.

But yeah, let's hope mike or marc get injured just to keep up the narrative. 

15 minutes ago, Kevin B Moses said:

Like I said, the only hope you all have is that Mike or Marc has a season-ending injury. Otherwise they are going to make y'all look silly.

And hoping that Mike and marc get hurt to prove your point is pretty vapid if you ask me. It's clear that Mike makes a huge difference on this team and Marc can still anchor a top 5 defense in the league when he has help.

But yeah, let's hope mike or marc get injured just to keep up the narrative. 

Lay off the drugs son. it's messed your mind up. Nobody is cheering for Mike or Marc to go down. 

Actually the way that KBM is anchoring how every poster wants Mike and Marc to go down, I think he's most likely to want that to happen.  

He can then say that his outrages predictions didn't come true only because of Mike and Marc's health.   

On ‎10‎/‎17‎/‎2018 at 5:17 PM, bhoyal said:

You can't have a team play this clueless and uninspired with absolutely no chemistry.  My mother-in-law from the old country could have coached this team better tonight.

It's not over yet but Indiana is shooting 57% to the Grizz 29%

54 boards to 26

27 assists to 16

This is inexcusable.

you may be wrong 

This team is looking better everyday, now if only the coaching has the testicles to catch up to them.  Maybe JB is afraid it would ruin Conley' psyche if he sat him down. I think they can win without him now.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

2 hours ago, LuvThem Grizzlies said:

This team is looking better everyday, now if only the coaching has the testicles to catch up to them.  Maybe JB is afraid it would ruin Conley' psyche if he sat him down. I think they can win without him now.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

The Conley hate is strong in you.  You're beginning to move into Memfizz territory.

3 hours ago, LuvThem Grizzlies said:

Conley beat Kyle when they got 'locked in a closet'  ... 

hahaaa

am I the only one who remembers that? 

Conley is fine. We all know what he can do. We watched him go from ugh to yeah ... so if there is anything wrong with Mike - I think its physical. Mentally he's aiight.

On 10/18/2018 at 10:05 AM, chipc3 said:

I'm not! The same people who said it was Lionel's fault, Joerger's fault and Fizdale's fault are now blaming J.B. 

After a while it would seem logical that a string of coaches reflects on a poor GM more than anything but somehow Wallace stays in command despite the draft failures, the trading failures, the signing errors and the poor coaching decisions. 

I don't understand a sub having a good half and not getting back on the floor again, that is just mind boggling to me.

29 minutes ago, 10SC-2-TOKYO said:

Conley beat Kyle when they got 'locked in a closet'  ... 

hahaaa

am I the only one who remembers that? 

I’ll do you one better= do you remember the promo commercial where they were riding the stationary bikes as if they were racing each other?

20 minutes ago, El Guapo said:

I’ll do you one better= do you remember the promo commercial where they were riding the stationary bikes as if they were racing each other?

most certainly do... i’ll see your stationary bike race and raise you one dunkyland .

4 minutes ago, 10SC-2-TOKYO said:

most certainly do... i’ll see your stationary bike race and raise you one dunkyland .

JWill with the behind the back trash bag in the garbage truck shot?

5 hours ago, smit-tay griz said:

The Conley hate is strong in you.  You're beginning to move into Memfizz territory.

Oh man where is that dude gone? His Gasol hate was unbelievable, 

2 hours ago, BigHunkALove said:

Oh man where is that dude gone? His Gasol hate was unbelievable, 

You're forgetting his Tony Allen hate.  I remember a game where he spent most of the game thread tearing down TA.  It was a 20/10 night for Tony with key defensive plays which probably won the game for us.

On 10/18/2018 at 12:23 PM, fanboyslim said:

Look, blaming the coach at this point is absurd. For all we know he's getting dictated who to play and how much and he's just a handy scapegoat for CW to sacrifice when Pera finally realizes his ridiculous 50+ win goal is unattainable, so he can live to "manage" another day. 

But that shouldn't keep us from pointing out and criticizing bad coaching decisions, especially strategic decisions that may jeopardize the long term outlook of the franchise. And that's true whether the bad coaching decisions come from JB or from higher up.

Anyway, my main takeaway from a coaching standpoint is (paraphrasing something I read somewhere) if we're going to suck, better suck with young players that will be here 2-3 years from now than with veteran players that will leave after this season.

Do you think his 50 win goal is unattainable now?