Sign in to follow this  
bhoyal

Bickerstaff's days are numbered...write it down

You can't have a team play this clueless and uninspired with absolutely no chemistry.  My mother-in-law from the old country could have coached this team better tonight.

It's not over yet but Indiana is shooting 57% to the Grizz 29%

54 boards to 26

27 assists to 16

This is inexcusable.

Yeah this board is about to see me post way less

2 minutes ago, bhoyal said:

You can't have a team play this clueless and uninspired with absolutely no chemistry.  My mother-in-law from the old country could have coached this team better tonight.

It's not over yet but Indiana is shooting 57% to the Grizz 29%

54 boards to 26

27 assists to 16

This is inexcusable.

Pretty pathetic all around.

We might be in for another long year boys!

It’s not coaching. Just like it wasn’t Lionel’s fault, Joerger’s fault or Fizdale’s fault. The buck stops at the guy assembling the players not the one’s trying to do the best they can without talent.

1 minute ago, chipc3 said:

It’s not coaching. Just like it wasn’t Lionel’s a fault, Joerger’s fault or Fizdale’s fault. The buck stops at the guy assembling the players not the one’s trying to do the best they can without talent.

But we made the playoffs 7 straight years. That means  Wallace was doing a good job according to you

3 minutes ago, chipc3 said:

It’s not coaching. Just like it wasn’t Lionel’s fault, Joerger’s fault or Fizdale’s fault. The buck stops at the guy assembling the players not the one’s trying to do the best they can without talent.

No this loss goes on entire organization.   We may not have the most talented roster but our strategy was even worse. 

3 minutes ago, chipc3 said:

This team was coached pathetically tonight if you can even call it coaching.  The talent level wasn't 30 points worse than the Pacers.  The spread was 6.5 points.  If that is the best JB can do with the roster he was handed, they may as well have him hit the road right now.

Uninspired play with totally no chemistry.   JB isn't the answer.  Watch and see.

I agree the game was horrible, but of the eleven guys played four were not on the team at all last season, one was here for seven games, and three are rusty as heck coming back from injury.  Marc, Jam, and Dillon were really the only ones who saw much action last season.

I expect the defense and chemistry to improve somewhat once players start becoming more familiar with each other.  I think that once MC and CP knock the rust off, their scoring will improve, how much is another question.  We are not going to be very good offensively though.  Same old story - no real scorer, and no real shooters.  The other major concern for me is rebounding.  Hardly anyone knows how to grab a board and I didn't really see any boxing out either.

As for JB, I don't necessarily think he's that bad, he just doesn't have a lot to work with.  It's going to be a hard season.

13 minutes ago, Grizzled Vet said:

This team is going to start slow because of all the change.  

How slow? Turtle slow or Gasol slow? 😯

It was awful, but we missed 10 plus shots at the rim. It worried me today when I heard Conley say that haven’t run 1 offensive play in practice. I’m going to give it 5 to 10 games though.

lots of blowouts tonight

It's bad enough we got blown out, but WHY in the world did Dillon Brooks and Selden only play 6 minutes a piece? And Harrison and Rabb nowhere to be seen? That is just unacceptable. The young guys should be getting more minutes than that in every game, but to not even get put in in a blowout is just ridiculous. Shelvin Mack seriously played the team high in minutes at 30?? Are you kidding me? Bickerstaff needs to make some changes quick or he can find another job. We need to be developing young talent, not running out veteran end of the bench guys. 

Last night was bad but i do think he is being forced to start Chancun. the rotations made no sense. I get the feeling that he will be the scapegoat as Chip has mentioned. The FO seems to feed limited talent type players to these coaches and then say get the most out of them but then put mandates on them such as playing Chancun. it's almost a no win situation no matter how good or bad a coach the hc is. Also, don't we have like 73 assistant coaches as well?

11 hours ago, chipc3 said:

I mostly agree with you here Chip but I do not think the coach is running an offensive scheme that does best fit the players he currently has.  That said...the construction of the team seems to be crappy enough that you'll still have your brains beat out nightly but at least you could have the appearance of being a professional instead of this mess we saw last night.

13 minutes ago, oldmanGrizz said:

Geez people. It's one game. 

I know right? people act like the sky is falling. We just couldnt hit shots. We got lots of open looks. 

17 minutes ago, oldmanGrizz said:

I agree. So I won't overreact. BUT......my thoughts on what I saw

1) Wow, we have zero athleticism.

2) Chandler couldn't stay with Bogdanovic; how is he going to guard more athletic SFs? I want Chandler to be good. I think he is healthy enough to contribute to this team. He does not need to be the starting SF.

3) Conley and Gasol won't shoot this bad every night (I hope). But as a whole, if we are this overwhelmed athletically, we are going to have to shoot better than this.

4) Rebounding is a problem

5) The team looked lost on both ends. I am hoping that as the team plays together more this will get better.

24 minutes ago, oldmanGrizz said:

It was one exceedingly pathetic game.  Horrible to the point of genuine concern and alarm.

Now, the next game up (Atlanta) very well could end up a win as they gave up 49 points in the 2nd qtr to the Knicks who didn't have Porzingas or even his backup Kornet.  At which point, people will point at being .500 as a great sign and certainly they will be incorrect as only being able to dispose of the worst of the worst competition is not the same as having a competitive team.  

And they haven't practiced a single offensive set yet?  It showed.  Great move JB.

38 minutes ago, oldmanGrizz said:

How many games did we win last year? This is a downward trend over the past 3 years. Once again, we have few real NBA players on this roster, we have a bunch of fringe guys.

20 minutes ago, Dwash said:

Are we blaming the coach over the GM for this mess? For real??

I dunno really. I just feel Jam wasn’t giving his all. I also feel that JJJ could be some much needed offense and needs to start. He will draw a double team. Then shooters can do their work.

21 minutes ago, Dwash said:

Are we blaming the coach over the GM for this mess? For real??

At this point we just need to fight the battles we can win Wallace is almost untouchable 

Just now, bobblybook1 said:

I dunno really. I just feel Jam wasn’t giving his all. I also feel that JJJ could be some much needed offense and needs to start. He will draw a double team. Then shooters can do their work.

The offensive system they are TRYING to run doesn't cater to one player specifically and that's not a good system to run when your three  best players Mike Marc JJJ all function better in a pick and roll system.......this is the third straight coach that has come in here with some grand plan for the offense Marc and Mike are only good at one thing, and that's more cause Marc is big and slow and too passive to play any other type of way.

Honestly I am trying not to be overly reactive to the first game...but it really was a mess.  As far as I can tell...we are the slowest, least athletic team in the league.  If you are that team and intend to win any games you have to be able to shoot a jumper.  Do you see jump shooters on that roster?  I think this is going to be a huge problem.  We can play gritty defense all day long but if you cant clear the rebound your defense sucks.  We can be smart and take open shots all day long but if you cant make them then your offense sucks.

I'm not checking out of the team or becoming un-interested but there are some major issues so far.  Here's to "hope" and that she can start hitting some shots and getting some rebounds.