Sign in to follow this  
chipc3

Memphis Grizzlies at Indiana Pacers

I am going to try and throw up a quick pre-game for people so we have somewhere to comment on tonight's game. 

3ho45P8yNw-WmQ2m4A4TIA_96x96.png at andumiE_wrpDpXvUgqCGYQ_96x96.png

Date/Time: Wednesday, October 17 6:00 PM CST
Television: NBALP | Fox Sports South
Memphis Radio: 92.9FM | 680AM
Officials: Tony Brothers, Ben Taylor, Justin Van Duyne
Grizzlies Starting Lineup: 

Mike Conley, Garrett Temple, Chandler Parsons, JaMychal Green, Marc Gasol
Pacers Starting Lineup: 
Darren Collison, Victor Oladipo, Bojan Bogdonavic, Thaddeus Young, Myles Turner

Benches-
Memphis:
Shane Mack, Jevon Carter, Andrew Harrison, Marshawn Brooks, Dillon Brooks, Wayne Selden, Kyle Anderson, Omar Casspi, Jaren Jackson Jr, Ivan Rabb, 
Indiana: Cory Joseph, Tyreke Evans, Doug McDermott, Domantis Sabonis, Ike Anigboku, Aaron Holliday, Edmund Summer, Alize Johnson, T J Leaf

Grizzlies: Preview | Recap | News | Roster | Stats | Schedule | Photos | Video | Tickets | Promotions | Watch Parties
Pacers: Preview | Recap | News | Roster | Stats | Schedule | Photos | Video | Tickets

Depth Charts: CBS | ESPN | Yahoo
Injuries: CBS | ESPN | FOX | Yahoo

Your starting lineups are wrong for the Grizz unless they changed from what JB said yesterday 

26 minutes ago, Ndq0327 said:

Your starting lineups are wrong for the Grizz unless they changed from what JB said yesterday 

So what did he say? I didn't hear it. Grizzly Bear Blues has Garrett Temple starting instead of Dillon Brooks and Parsons starting ahead of Kyle Anderson, so I made those changes. 

Oh and your welcome for getting a pre-game thread up. ✌️

Thanks for doing this Chip.

Sorry to say I won't be doing the game threads moving forward. The time demand for doing all the game threads eats too much into my design job. I just can't volunteer my time for free to keep up with constant changing lineups and writing the HTML for each thread.

15 minutes ago, New_Sacred_Cow said:

Sorry to say I won't be doing the game threads moving forward. The time demand for doing all the game threads eats too much into my design job. I just can't volunteer my time for free to keep up with constant changing lineups and writing the HTML for each thread.

Thanks for what you have done for so long. 

2 minutes ago, chipc3 said:

Thanks for what you have done for so long. 

You're welcome. Wish I could convince the web team to hire me to do on the side but we know they don't spend much time with all of us on here.

1 minute ago, New_Sacred_Cow said:

You're welcome. Wish I could convince the web team to hire me to do on the side but we know they don't spend much time with all of us on here.

Honestly the Grizzlies appear to be de-emphasizing all aspects of fan interaction. 

41 minutes ago, chipc3 said:

So what did he say? I didn't hear it. Grizzly Bear Blues has Garrett Temple starting instead of Dillon Brooks and Parsons starting ahead of Kyle Anderson, so I made those changes. 

Oh and your welcome for getting a pre-game thread up. ✌️

Thnks for the thread hopefully  they will be lively  this year 

1 minute ago, chipc3 said:

Honestly the Grizzlies appear to be de-emphasizing all aspects of fan interaction. 

Well they probably  have realized the fans know they have been lying about the direction  of the team and they are trying to close all channels of outrage towards the team and FO.

2 minutes ago, Dwash said:

Temple should not be playing over either Brooks or Selden. Jmo.

He shouldn't be on this team period they did better signing Joe Johnson Garret Temple does nothing for this team he's been an end of the rotation guy  his whole career why did they think he'd be useful here if he wasnt brought in to mentor Brooks or Seldon

This game should tell us a lot about the team. They are going all in on experience over youth. Will they be fast enough and athletic enough to counter the Pacers balanced attack? Will the youth movement (Dillon, Ivan, Jaren and Jevon) be given an opportunity to show what they can do or will they sit on the bench behind the veterans? 

This team has a lot of questions and hopefully tonight we will start to see some answers. 

Temple and Casspi don't need to play more minutes than Dillon and Wayne Jaren will get his minutes they only have 3 bigs... I want to see Carter but it wont bother me if he doesn't play I didn't like the pick that much in the first place

Thanks Chip for jumping in.

Thanks Mr Cow for the great threads last season. They should definitely find a side gig place for you. You did a lot with a little.

2347642183_91247aa0c8_o.jpg

26 minutes ago, chipc3 said:

This game should tell us a lot about the team. They are going all in on experience over youth. Will they be fast enough and athletic enough to counter the Pacers balanced attack? Will the youth movement (Dillon, Ivan, Jaren and Jevon) be given an opportunity to show what they can do or will they sit on the bench behind the veterans? 

This team has a lot of questions and hopefully tonight we will start to see some answers. 

agreed. I am excited to see where we are. (and nervous) 

53 minutes ago, New_Sacred_Cow said:

Thanks for the best team threads in the NBA all these years! They will be missed.

I assume that Temple is getting the nod over Selden and Brooks because Oladipo is such an offensive threat. Temple has the experience and size to combat Oladipo. Likewise, Parsons is a good matchup against Bogdonavic. 

Indy favored by 6.5?

I think the Grizz pull the mild upset.  Indy depth chart just doesn't look that scary.

Winning the first game = "get on the good foot" as James Brown used to say.  Limit the turnovers and cover the three point shooters... C'mon Grizz... you can do this.

mailbox-accessories-nbma1501-64_1000.jpg

Lets home Tyreke doesn't give us the business tonight.....my prediction is I think we win! Indy bench is not all that great outside of Evans. Evans will score 20+ tonight. Oladipo could get 30 but I can see us grinding this one out 96-91.