Ndq0327

Season win total predictions???

Recommended Posts

Going 24 wins while I watch this game

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, fanboyslim said:

I should have taken screenshots of the predictions before the Indy game started.

Mine is the same as I have always said, mid-30s if everything falls our way. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎10‎/‎17‎/‎2018 at 10:56 AM, Memphisyank said:

Look at our first 7 games. we could start 5-2 again. 

 

so far so good

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, lions said:

so far so good

really the only hope that the negative anti-mike and marc posters have is the hope that somehow mike or marc or both get hurt and they can continue their negativity.

If they don't get hurt then they are going to make these posters look silly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, Kevin B Moses said:

really the only hope that the negative anti-mike and marc posters have is the hope that somehow mike or marc or both get hurt and they can continue their negativity.

If they don't get hurt then they are going to make these posters look silly.

Are you going to put this junk in every thread?  Just because everyone isn't giddy like you are doesn't mean that there's rampant anti-Mike/Marc sentiment on the boards.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, smit-tay griz said:

Are you going to put this junk in every thread?  Just because everyone isn't giddy like you are doesn't mean that there's rampant anti-Mike/Marc sentiment on the boards.

While I know that I am a bit militant right now, I didn't start the thread.

The board used to be fun, a long while ago, but now if I want to talk about the grizzlies I have wade through a sea of negativity to get to anything worth reading.

And you have to be kidding there isn't anti-mike marc sentiment. I could probably fill the entire first page of this board with threads about it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For example: threads that I didn't bump:

  1. Marc Gasol Summer Fat Check.
  2. A Honest 2018-19 Grizzlies Season Preview

  3. Blueprint for a NBA Championship (the modern blow it up thread)

  4. Why Do We Need to sign a FA? (ODK whinning about the grizzlies signing anybody and actually trying to win games, I suppose he thinks they were being delusional) 

  5. Eight Assistant Coaches (ODK suggesting that the grizzlies drop Mike, Marc and Parsons) since they are focusing on development. 

I'm sure there are more. 

 

This is what positive grizzlies fans have to endue to actually talk grizzlies on this board.  

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Kevin B Moses said:

While I know that I am a bit militant right now, I didn't start the thread.

The board used to be fun, a long while ago, but now if I want to talk about the grizzlies I have wade through a sea of negativity to get to anything worth reading.

And you have to be kidding there isn't anti-mike marc sentiment. I could probably fill the entire first page of this board with threads about it. 

There are a few out there, but not everyone.  It would be like me saying that there are crazy, unrealistic threads all over the boards overestimating the Grizzlies' talent and over-confidently projecting their season's win total, but upon closer look you would see they were all started by Kevin Moses.:D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

West will be a fight this season, There are not tanking teams (not even Phoenix right now), I'm glad that we can compete but it's too early for a sentence. 

if we can keep our defensive rating at 103-104 well, we can fight for 7th/8th spot. Otherwise it will be hard. Go Grizz!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, fanboyslim said:

Do you even remember what that thread was about or are you too busy building a strawman to care?

I never like to call you out fanboy because in general you don't get too pedantic with your opinions about the grizzlies, and unlike most on here who believe that they are level-headed when they are actually bat-**** crazy, (and I include myself in this) you are pretty level-headed.

However, even you can slip up.

Although the thread appeared to be a complement on Marc's slim frame, you framed it in a backward complement, which I can only assume was meant to pander to the miserables.

Winking an eye at the people who believe that Marc, without the motivation of a contract year, will balloon in weight and come into camp out of shape, while patting Marc on the back for his supposed slimness.

Now, I know, after you read this that you are going to claim that I am reading far too much into this, and that I don't know what I am talking about, etc, etc: because you probably truly believe that you weren't being condescending, nor pandering to the: "Marc-Gasol-is-Satan" crowd, but you were. Just look at the first post after yours for proof: THIS IS A GREAT THREAD!  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We've started well, obviously better than most predicted. 45 wins I think is possible. The East is even worse so we need to take care of business there. Need to take care of Phoenix tonight as well. Since the west is deeper, 45 wins could be enough for one of the last two playoff spots. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That first blowout may have been the most important game of the season. Seems to have been a real motivator.    Doesn't explain how we are tied for SIXTH in team 3-pt % though. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, TimBC said:

That first blowout may have been the most important game of the season. Seems to have been a real motivator.    Doesn't explain how we are tied for SIXTH in team 3-pt % though. 

 

Everybody on the grizzlies can hit them is why. Even Marc. I mean other than Mike driving to the basket and a dash of Marc, and Jaren, most of our offense is from the 3 point line and layups, just like every good analytics-driven franchise should be.

The difference with the grizzlies however is that we get our threes in the offense from the half-court game and high pick and roll, as opposed to the warriors and the rockets who try to get it from the fast break and SSOL basketball.

The grizzlies are going to try to slow you down but they can make threes with the best of them. I am getting excited by this team.

One thing you also might notice (and something I said before) is that the grizzlies this year are actually winning games before the 4th quarter whereas in years past they would be down and losing the game for the entire game except for the last 5 minutes when they would take the lead and win by 2. Most of the games the grizzlies are winning have been comfortable wins and our differential has been higher than ever before.

Think of it like this, if you throw out that 28 point loss to the pacers, the grizzlies would have a point differential of almost 9.0. The grizzlies are usually a negative 1 or even differential team, which would be 3rd in the league behind the warriors and Denver.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Kevin B Moses said:

Everybody on the grizzlies can hit them is why. Even Marc. I mean other than Mike driving to the basket and a dash of Marc, and Jaren, most of our offense is from the 3 point line and layups, just like every good analytics-driven franchise should be.

The difference with the grizzlies however is that we get our threes in the offense from the half-court game and high pick and roll, as opposed to the warriors and the rockets who try to get it from the fast break and SSOL basketball.

The grizzlies are going to try to slow you down but they can make threes with the best of them. I am getting excited by this team.

One thing you also might notice (and something I said before) is that the grizzlies this year are actually winning games before the 4th quarter whereas in years past they would be down and losing the game for the entire game except for the last 5 minutes when they would take the lead and win by 2. Most of the games the grizzlies are winning have been comfortable wins and are differential has been higher than ever before.

Think of it like this, if you throw out that 28 point loss to the pacers, the grizzlies would have a point differential of almost 9.0. The grizzlies are usually a negative 1 or even differential team, which would be 3rd in the league behind the warriors and Denver.

Actually, that scares me more.  What gave me confidence in past seasons was knowing that the Grizzlies were hard-nosed competitors who knew what it takes to win, and would play hard up 'til the final seconds to get it.  If the score was close, we had a very good chance.  Winning close games is important.  It shows the competence, character and desire of your team when it is truly tested, and the old teams won more close games than most of the teams I have seen in fifty years of watching NBA games.  This team hasn't been really tested yet, and Utah has been our only decent caliber opponent other than maybe Indy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Kevin B Moses said:

I never like to call you out fanboy because in general you don't get too pedantic with your opinions about the grizzlies, and unlike most on here who believe that they are level-headed when they are actually bat-**** crazy, (and I include myself in this) you are pretty level-headed.

However, even you can slip up.

Although the thread appeared to be a complement on Marc's slim frame, you framed it in a backward complement, which I can only assume was meant to pander to the miserables.

Winking an eye at the people who believe that Marc, without the motivation of a contract year, will balloon in weight and come into camp out of shape, while patting Marc on the back for his supposed slimness.

Now, I know, after you read this that you are going to claim that I am reading far too much into this, and that I don't know what I am talking about, etc, etc: because you probably truly believe that you weren't being condescending, nor pandering to the: "Marc-Gasol-is-Satan" crowd, but you were. Just look at the first post after yours for proof: THIS IS A GREAT THREAD!  

Sorry but no. You may want to twist what was clearly a humorous thread to fit whatever narrative you're arguing for this week, but you don't get to tell me what I was thinking when I posted it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Here is the scoreboard for pre-season predictions. I figure people need to remember how pessimistic we were heading into the season.

A little past the halfway point and the team is 19-25. I'm putting everyone's predictions from this thread and what the team's record needs to be to reach it in parenthesis. 

tangogrizz - 45 wins (26-12)
Viking Warrior - 44 (25-13)
GritsOnTheSide - 43 (24-14)
PutARingOnIt#GrizzFan - 43 (24-14)
El Guapo - 41 (22-16)
GrizzTigerFan - 40 (21-17)
CarlosJr63 - 39 (20-18 )
fanboyslim - 36 (17-21)
OleDirtyKlondike -35  (16-22)
DWash - 34 (15-23)
TimBC - 34 (15-23)
Gradey - 34 (15-23)
Myers - 32 (13-25)
Ndq0327 - 32 (13-25)
Guillermo - 31(12-26)
ChipC3 - 28 (9-29)
Blackwatch - 28 (9-29)
cdp -26 (7-31)
GrizzGolf - 24 (5-33)
Go Grizz - 22 (3-35)

Do people want to change their predictions? I find it curious that our resident thread starter was too chicken to put his choice up this season considering all the crud he dished out before last season only to be proven completely wrong (again). 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Grizzfan7979 said:

I didn't post earlier but I'm saying 30 wins

Too late

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think I'll stick to 28. I was really hoping I was wrong, but you are what your record says you are. Thinking that this team would win 50 games because Gasol and Conley were healthy , as the FO was pitching, was straight ludicrous. Nothing they had done during the G-n-G era indicated that they could be the focal point of a 50 win team. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, chipc3 said:

Here is the scoreboard for pre-season predictions. I figure people need to remember how pessimistic we were heading into the season.

A little past the halfway point and the team is 19-25. I'm putting everyone's predictions from this thread and what the team's record needs to be to reach it in parenthesis. 

tangogrizz - 45 wins (26-12)
Viking Warrior - 44 (25-13)
GritsOnTheSide - 43 (24-14)
PutARingOnIt#GrizzFan - 43 (24-14)
El Guapo - 41 (22-16)
GrizzTigerFan - 40 (21-17)
CarlosJr63 - 39 (20-18 )
fanboyslim - 36 (17-21)
OleDirtyKlondike -35  (16-22)
DWash - 34 (15-23)
TimBC - 34 (15-23)
Gradey - 34 (15-23)
Myers - 32 (13-25)
Ndq0327 - 32 (13-25)
Guillermo - 31(12-26)
ChipC3 - 28 (9-29)
Blackwatch - 28 (9-29)
cdp -26 (7-31)
GrizzGolf - 24 (5-33)
Go Grizz - 22 (3-35)

Do people want to change their predictions? I find it curious that our resident thread starter was too chicken to put his choice up this season considering all the crud he dished out before last season only to be proven completely wrong (again). 

 

There was another thread concurrent to this one running at the time talking about over/under on the Vegas odds for each of the teams in the WC, I'll try to find it.

I posted in that thread that I was taking the under on 35 wins.

If I can find the thread, does that count?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now