Ndq0327

Season win total predictions???

How many games will the Grizz win this year, and what reason do you give for your total?

32-50

I have no expectations  for the Grizzlies this season I've already adopted the Nuggets as my team to pay attention to this year unfortunately. I stopped being optimistic back when Marc got his max deal. And after watching them look totally discombobulated this preseason I don't expect them to do very much.

They have a problem scoring which isn't surprising the aren't tough inside on D which also isn't surprising but the one thing that does surprise me is that their wing play seems to have gotten less athletic and slower  than last year. The wings weren't very good last year but they look even worse now seeing Garret Temple as a main piece to the wing rotation  and Omri Casspi  is borderline embarrassing those guys are supposed  to be coming off the bench or mentoring  your young and upcoming wings. 

If you watched any of the games last night it should show you just how far away the Grizz are from even being a middle of the pack team the Grizz may not be Phoenix  or Sacramento bad thanks to Mike being back but they aren't  that far off they are easily  one of the 10 worse teams in the league this year.

I have been saying 34-48 but I am probably being overly optimistic. Officially I will now say 28-54.

The only way the team makes the playoffs is IF Mike Conley can stay healthy all season, IF Marc Gasol plays like he wants a new contract instead of living off the old one, IF JaMychal Green plays like he knows this off-season contract could be his last, IF Dillon Brooks continues to improve, IF Chandler Parsons can remain healthy, IF Kyle Anderson and Garrett Temple can have career seasons, IF Jaren Jackson lives up to the pre-season hype as the youngest rookie in the league and IF Marshawn Brooks can provide reliable offense off the bench. 

Too many ifs to think this will happen but I will be there cheering for it anyway. 

Worst case scenario i'd say 26-56. Best case scenario, everyones healthy, playing out of their minds: 43-39. Will that be enough to make the playoffs? Probably not.

Im going with 34 wins and thats if most things health wise and performance wise go about as well as expected. Just not enough power from the "big 3" to supplement an average supporting cast. You cant rely on Marc or Parsons to stop bleeding and Mike cant do it alone.

33 minutes ago, chipc3 said:

I have been saying 34-48 but I am probably being overly optimistic. Officially I will now say 28-54.

The only way the team makes the playoffs is IF Mike Conley can stay healthy all season, IF Marc Gasol plays like he wants a new contract instead of living off the old one, IF JaMychal Green plays like he knows this off-season contract could be his last, IF Dillon Brooks continues to improve, IF Chandler Parsons can remain healthy, IF Kyle Anderson and Garrett Temple can have career seasons, IF Jaren Jackson lives up to the pre-season hype as the youngest rookie in the league and IF Marshawn Brooks can provide reliable offense off the bench. 

Too many ifs to think this will happen but I will be there cheering for it anyway. 

28 wow you went lower than me and I've been anti optomism way longer than you have. But you are correct  there are just too many IFs involved  when it comes to them being good and those IFs have never fell in the teams favor

2 minutes ago, Ndq0327 said:

28 wow you went lower than me and I've been anti optomism way longer than you have. But you are correct  there are just too many IFs involved  when it comes to them being good and those IFs have never fell in the teams favor

Also I always like to downplay expectations before the start of the season. That way no matter what I should be at least content and could easily be surprised on the upside. 

Starting the season with high expectations just gives you nowhere to go to be excited and a long way to go being disappointed. 

I'll play the optometrist. This will be a fairly healthy year. We'll mostly beat the bottom half and steal a few from the betters. 45 wins.

1 hour ago, tangogriz said:

I'll play the optometrist. This will be a fairly healthy year. We'll mostly beat the bottom half and steal a few from the betters. 45 wins.

Well, you are quite the optimistic optometrist!

I’m going to say 36 wins.

I am predicting us to 3-3 in October,

4-11 in November

2-13 in December

5-11 in January

4-7 in February

3-11 in March 

1-4 in April

Combine record of 22-60, and that's if everyone is healthy. Have y'all seen December's schedule?

We are a Mike injury away from being possibly the worst team in the league

a healthy roster we are .500 at best im afraid and that's assuming everyone plays well.

31 wins my prediction

Slow start till everyone gets meshed. 

Well into the season, we'll be on track for 40 wins. 

Then something will happen, and we'll end up with 34 wins.

This assumes that the idea of a high-BBIQ team works.

West is way too strong for our roster. Look at the others team backcourts... 

I hope JJJ, Dillon and Selden can make experience for next season. 

32 w

Hope I'm wrong, go Grizz! 

What is the the possible win total that ensures we keep our pick? Not that it matters cause the draft class looks as of right now pretty week 

39 - 43 wins....

We will start slow which puts us behind the 8 ball early on.  Once we mesh, we will start winning more consistently, but will be too far out of the playoff race.  

We'll be the 9th or 10th seed.

I’m going optimistic as well with 41 wins. I feel we can handle some missed time with the group of guys we have. The roster is average , but a solid average. Each season seems to have an overachiever and I’m picking us to be that team.