Adrenalize74

Chandler Parsons - Note to Memphis

1 hour ago, CarloJ63 said:

I'm old school.  If you work for someone and they ask you to do something, you do it without whining and attitude.

However, I'm also a realist and know that today's player / employee has more leverage and thus has a sense of entitlement.

So why not "ask" him if he would play with the G League team for 5 games and then we'll have a sit down and evaluate where we are at?

The toughest part of management is dealing with people.

Great post!

9 hours ago, Father Pat said:

"But we weren't going to send him there without a plan and they didn't want to commit to an exact amount of time," Dunleavy said. "Ridiculous request for a proven veteran player in this league.

well, this answers the $25,000 question from yesterday (chip)...

he and his hired gun think that it is beneath them.

send him home. he is a contract on the roster- nothing more.

slim.

21 minutes ago, memphis slim said:

well, this answers the $25,000 question from yesterday (chip)...

he and his hired gun think that it is beneath them.

send him home. he is a contract on the roster- nothing more.

slim.

Image result for do you know who i am meme

The truth is the G-league has built a reputation across the league as a dumping ground for players who are not good enough for either the NBA or foreign leagues. The recent creation of two-way contracts and the new rules for sending NBA players down clearly show the intention of the NBA to turn it into a proper minor league, but it's hard to shake the historical baggage it has. There's a reason why the players' union fought to put that clause in the CBA that prevents teams to send veteran players down without their authorization. The very tone of this thread indicates that many consider sending a veteran to the G-league IS punishment.

That said, Parsons and his agent's attitude go far beyond an attempt to save face and hint at a level of entitlement that's not at all justified given that Parsons has been injured for the majority of the last 4 years. It should be reasonable for the Grizzlies to request that Parsons spends some time (under agreed conditions) rehabbing with the Hustle.

And this is what makes the FO look even more incompetent if possible. How difficult is to set a clear short term rehabilitation goal and be transparent about it with Parsons and the media? If anything, by doing that they would expose Parsons and his agent as the unreasonable party. What does the FO expect to gain from not being open about this?

Personally, I would have been clear with Parsons: We trust your doctors when they say you are cleared to play but we've been through this scenario several times in the past only to see you re-injure. This time we want to give you as many minutes as you can comfortably handle without the pressure for you and your teammates of having to win an actual NBA game. We think the best way to achieve that is for you to play a few games with the Hustle so we can all assess your game readiness. We suggest playing the following X games [I'd say a short stretch of home games so he can still be around the first team and practice] and then re-evaluate. If you don't feel any discomfort we can then consider going back to regular play.

Then you listen to reasonable counterproposals but don't deviate from the fact that the organization is not willing to repeat what clearly didn't work in the past. If they still don't accept to play with the Hustle at all you just say "It's your prerogative but we won't activate you until we have seen that you can play significant minutes without regressing. Call us when you think otherwise." And then you call Woj and explain him in detail what happened, in order to control the narrative.

And you do this even if (especially if) you think Parsons is taking advantage of you. You need to be the adult in the room and give Parsons rope to hang himself if he is so inclined. Parsons is going to get the last dollar from his current contract, but if he keeps running his mouth once the FO has given implicit signals that he's not healthy and he refuses reasonable options to prove he is, this is also going to be his last NBA contract.

8 hours ago, grizlsg said:

This is funny...

Like Grizzled Vet has stated, the CBA limits what the Grizzlies can do.  Many love the CBA when it is sticking it to the owners, they love it when the players are "getting their share" but when it starts to hurt their teams in the win/lose column they start complaining.

The CBA gives the players a lot of leverage, guaranteed contracts, the ability to decline being sent down, the opportunity to have their personal doctors evaluate their injuries and much more.

The CBA also says nothing about a player giving 100% and trying his best. I don't see how the CBA suddenly became a part of this discussion. I believe we, for the most part, are talking about moral character here. When (or if) a player loafs on the court, are you going to say "there's nothing in the CBA against that" or maybe throw in "it's Wallace's fault for signing a guy that doesn't care about his teammates"? 

This isn't about rules, contracts or Wallace. It's not about that or any other excuses. It's about doing what is right. It is about being a man. 

12 minutes ago, Father Pat said:

The CBA also says nothing about a player giving 100% and trying his best. I don't see how the CBA suddenly became a part of this discussion. I believe we, for the most part, are talking about moral character here. When (or if) a player loafs on the court, are you going to say "there's nothing in the CBA against that" or maybe throw in "it's Wallace's fault for signing a guy that doesn't care about his teammates"? 

This isn't about rules, contracts or Wallace. It's not about that or any other excuses. It's about doing what is right. It is about being a man. 

What’s stopping the front office from just giving him a timetable. Both sides seem petty 

I'm sorta wondering if the reason the Wallace doesn't want parson's to play has to do with a desire to trade him before the deadline so that he can pass a physical.

Nothing else really makes sense.

parson is on his last LEG with the grizzlies

3 hours ago, chipc3 said:

Retaining Morgan & Morgan &  Morgan & Morgan & Morgan & Morgan.

The accident must have happened about 4 years ago as the complaint mentions "peak physical condition".

Maybe Atlanta will be the ones to use cash in on that injury exemption, not that they need it.

Man that's rough. Hope he makes it back on the court period let alone play well on it. People'll say why feel sorry for him he's made millions. All the money in the world don't mean shot if your health won't let you enjoy it.

get well parson 

I hate drunk driving more than I hate Parsons' arrogance.
The brain damage is a preexisting condition.
He had it last season when he refused to take an injury retirement. It was obvious then that he would never meaningfully ball again.

This accident would never have happened if he'd retired last season.

He wouldn't have been banging light polls.

Seriously though, the guy is a leech.

I wanna puke every time he talks about team, any team.

So if I'm the lawyer for the drunk driver, I would be collecting video of Parson's recent play to counter his claim of millions of dollars lost due to the accident.

Or I would be pushing hard to get the trial - if there is one - moved to Memphis.  I mean get some Grizzlies fans on the jury and Parson's claim of his career being ended by the accident won't hold water.

Yeah I know that isn't very nice, but who are you trying to kid?

I don't like drunk drivers, but I also dislike opportunists.

2 hours ago, CarloJ63 said:

So if I'm the lawyer for the drunk driver, I would be collecting video of Parson's recent play to counter his claim of millions of dollars lost due to the accident.

Or I would be pushing hard to get the trial - if there is one - moved to Memphis.  I mean get some Grizzlies fans on the jury and Parson's claim of his career being ended by the accident won't hold water.

He can claim he was headed to China. A mediocre NBA player can play there until they are 45 and still be a star.  Memphis Lester Hudson is a icon over there. He would be the best athlete on the court outside of the Americans.

5 hours ago, tangogriz said:

This accident would never have happened if he'd retired last season.

He wouldn't have been banging light polls.

Seriously though, the guy is a leech.

I wanna puke every time he talks about team, any team.

3 hours ago, CarloJ63 said:

Get help, guys. 

5 minutes ago, ACGrizz said:

Get help, guys. 

+1

chris Wallace was the one who offered chandler parson that contract , some one who drinks and drives  then hits or kill some one  should be put in prison for LIFE

don.t Blame his contract 

+1