Adrenalize74

Chandler Parsons - Note to Memphis

2 minutes ago, Father Pat said:

What makes you believe he can offer anything? Since the last time he was on the floor for 27 minutes or more, he has missed 166 games. Assuming he is healthy, he will be sucking wind 5 minutes into the game when he finally plays. For all practical purposes, he has not played starter minutes since his time with Dallas. He is not in game shape. Heck, when any other player misses a season it usually takes them a couple or more months to get back in their grove. He may be "healthy", but he is certainly not ready for NBA play.

What makes you think we have any better options? We have no offensive players. Who said anything about him starting? I'm currently watching us get killed by Houston because we can't keep up with their scoring. No one on these boards is offering any other solutions. Only argument you guys have is, "What can Parsons give us?" Uh, maybe something more than what we have right now.

3 minutes ago, LilFrontOffice said:

What makes you think we have any better options? We have no offensive players. Who said anything about him starting? I'm currently watching us get killed by Houston because we can't keep up with their scoring. No one on these boards is offering any other solutions. Only argument you guys have is, "What can Parsons give us?" Uh, maybe something more than what we have right now.

Wrong. The argument is go to the G league, get your crap together and prove you can get it done, and if you can, then welcome to the team. If he had taken the assignment, then he could be on the way to helping the team. While watching the game, did you happen notice that guy the Rockets just called up from the G League, Brandon Knight? His NBA career scoring avg is 15 ppg. That's 2 more than Parsons. How about that. Knight sucked it up, went to the G league as asked and is now helping his team.

7 minutes ago, Father Pat said:

Wrong. The argument is go to the G league, get your crap together and prove you can get it done, and if you can, then welcome to the team. If he had taken the assignment, then he could be on the way to helping the team. While watching the game, did you happen notice that guy the Rockets just called up from the G League, Brandon Knight? His NBA career scoring avg is 15 ppg. That's 2 more than Parsons. How about that. Knight sucked it up, went to the G league as asked and is now helping his team.

I read the article about Parsons and the G league. Did you? He never said he wouldn't play in the G league. He just wants timetable for how long he is expected to be there. Why is it so hard for the FO to give that one simple request. Again, I don't think that is unreasonable. If the coach thinks he is ready,  then that should be the coaches decision when and where he plays.

And you're still not offering a solution to our offensive issues. Playing Parsons in the GLeague isn't a solution. 

When Parsons plays, he starts. Think of how bad it was last year and how unhappy everyone was for his poor play. He started every game he  played that I saw. Even though he was horrible. It must be because they don't want him coming off of the bench.

21 minutes ago, LilFrontOffice said:

I read the article about Parsons and the G league. Did you? He never said he wouldn't play in the G league. He just wants timetable for how long he is expected to be there. Why is it so hard for the FO to give that one simple request. Again, I don't think that is unreasonable. If the coach thinks he is ready,  then that should be the coaches decision when and where he plays.

And you're still not offering a solution to our offensive issues. Playing Parsons in the GLeague isn't a solution. 

Parsons can only be a solution if he can play. Right now he has decided that he can't play because he needs a timetable. That is total Bull. Why does a career 13 ppg guy demand to have a timetable for rehabbing in the G League? If he was down there for a few weeks and getting it done, then and only then, would he have an argument. 

If you think it is reasonable to decline rehabbing in the G League without a timetable, then what is your solution? Will 3 games be enough for the team to know if he is ready? 5 games? 10 games? To suggest that there should be an exact timetable for a player that has missed 171 games in 2 1/2 season is just nuts. He will be ready when he is ready.

58 minutes ago, LilFrontOffice said:

Think about the sentence I just highlighted for you and see if that really makes sense in the grand scheme of this entire CP discussion. Just a small point to your entire argument, I get that. But still makes no sense.

Its not a small point, it’s my entire point. You have a contract to perform-do your job. Don’t go to the CA and make an issue out of it-just play already. Things will work themselves out one way or the other.

1 hour ago, LilFrontOffice said:

Secondly, besides the issue of not knowing for how long he'd be asked to play in the GLeague, there were also scheduling issues with the Hustle being on the rode during the initial request for Parsons to play with the team. They haven't mentioned anything about him playing until he's proven he is in fact healthy, according to the article. They are asking him to play for an indefinite amount of time. I don't think that it's unreasonable to give a player a timetable for how long you expect him to be away from the team so he can prepare himself mentally.

Back to my point, do your job! It’s nice to get some information regarding your timeframe but he’s not owed anything. Is this a millennial thing or what? Am I in the Twilight Zone? Prepare himself mentally? Are you serious? Go play basketball for crying out loud.

Also, if you think Omri Casspi is the answer to the Grizzlies problems, you'll be  in for a rude awakening once he does play. We were already on a downward spiral before Casspi was out with an illness. 

Casspi is obviously not the answer, never said he was. Just used that to compare how low on the totem pole CP’s non-issue was.

What is the basis of your argument? I'm really confused. I never said he shouldn't play in the GLeague. I'm going based off what I read in the article instead of making an assumption. He said he would play but there were scheduling issues with the Hustle in addition to no timetable. All of you keep moving the goalpost for your moot argument. He should go to the G League to prove himself, but according to you, he has nothing to prove because he won't offer us much. Which one is it? Did Dillon Brooks go rehab in the GLeague?

The point of my argument is the Grizzlies should play the guy we're literally wasting money on, having sit on the bench while our offense currently is nonexistent. Some of you act like him coming back is going to hurt our current losing streak lol it's too funny.

I'm done with the with specific topic. So please don't take my absence as a concession.

Happy New Year!

6 minutes ago, LilFrontOffice said:

I'm done with the with specific topic. So please don't take my absence as a concession.

Happy New Year!

You concede! We win! Just kidding.

Happy New Year-be safe!

Brandon Knight - 388 games in 7 NBA seasons. Career averages of 30.9 mpg and 15 ppg. Gets cleared to play. Goes to G league with no timetable to return, rehabs and quickly comes back to help his team.

Chandler Parsons - 413 games in 8 NBA seasons. Career averages of 30.9 mpg and 13 ppg. Gets cleared to play. Declines to go to G league without a timetable. Obviously does not help his team.

Happy New Year to everyone as well (except to Parsons, he can go pound sand).

21 hours ago, Grizball said:

Is Wallace holding him out for a trade? It is weird Parsons not playing if he is indeed healthy. There is nothing to lose to play him since no one should expect anything from , looks like one of those Jabari Parker, Carmelo Anthony situation. But of course I wonder if Parsons has any value at all. Maybe he could be traded for a longer contract plus an asset, who knows. 

I have wondered the same thing. I cant figure out what Wallace is doing.  Does he really think that other GMs are going to buy that Parsons is healed up and Wallace has given him extra time to get even better so he will get something for him?   I mean who is going to give us anywhere near the value that we want?   If CWallace is trying to find someone who will take Parsons for a salary dump like we did way back when with Rudy Gay, the cost of that will be some future 1st round pick and that is something we cannot afford to give up at all. 

If you have to pay him $24M anyway and God knows you cannot score the basketball especially in the 4th quarter, you might as well try to get something out of playing him.   

This just confirms what all of us should already know--Wallace has got to go.  He has run his course with MEM.  Its time for new ideas, new leadership, a new voice in the front office.  All this is just making the organization look even more foolish. 

6 hours ago, Father Pat said:

There is no way he's in game shape. J.B. just putting him out on the court and hoping for the best would be nuts. How many times has Parsons claimed to be healthy, only to quickly break down or not even being able to play? Why would Wallace give an exact number of games for him rehabbing in the G League? Is there a definite number of games or days when he gets the healthy stamp of approval? 

Parsons needs to get in game shape. He needs to PROVE he is healthy. There is no number of G League games set in stone for this to occur. After all of Parsons B.S. claims he needs to prove it, and not at the continued expense of the team. He needs to man up and prove he can contribute because if he can't, as before, the team will again suffer for his folly. The Grizzlies owe him nothing and he owes Memphis - the fans and the team - to just do what is asked of him because it is well warranted.

Not quite true.  They still owe him about $40 million.

4 hours ago, Dwash said:

3 years or 3 days...its unprofessional to not follow procedures. None of his injuries have been deemed illegitimate as far as I know. Playing time is a different story.

He's getting paid $24 million this season.  They don't owe him more than that.  He needs to shut the hell up.

What is the basis of your argument? I'm really confused. I never said he shouldn't play in the GLeague. I'm going based off what I read in the article instead of making an assumption. He said he would play but there were scheduling issues with the Hustle in addition to no timetable. All of you keep moving the goalpost for your moot argument. He should go to the G League to prove himself, but according to you, he has nothing to prove because he won't offer us much. Which one is it? Did Dillon Brooks go rehab in the GLeague?

The point of my argument is the Grizzlies should play the guy we're literally wasting money on, having sit on the bench while our offense currently is nonexistent. Some of you act like him coming back is going to hurt our current losing streak lol it's too funny.

Happy New Year!

What scheduling issues?  Does he have an appointment with his yogi, or maybe his psychologist, or maybe just a date?  That makes no sense at all.  If he's rehabbing with the Hustle that's the only schedule he needs to worry about until he shows he's ready.  As for timetable I think the front office should just say "your timetable is when you have shown you are in game shape and can play".  That should be enough.

maybe trying to force a buy out at a lower price

He’s not healthy. He will never be healthy. He hasn’t helped this team in two and a half seasons and won’t help in this season. It sucka for everyone involved but he needs to show extended health in Southaven before even being considered to made active and his refusal would have had me giving him the treatment Noah got in New York.

Call is when you want to give back a significant amount of money in a buyout or we will call you when or if we use your contract in a trade.

18 hours ago, srmjr23 said:

You know, it's interesting to me that we all recognize that the Parson's signing was a huge mistake. Yet, for some reason, anytime people crap all over the Grizzlies they seem to forget that we have 25m in cap space sitting on the bench. If we had split that into two 12.5m players, this team would be MUCH better. You can't succeed in the NBA with whatever percentage of the cap Parson's contract represents without production of at least close to the value of the contract. It's actually really impressive that we're able to compete at all with such a crippling burden that prevents us that signing real NBA level talent. You don't win in the NBA without the talent.

Maybe or they may have just signed a couple of the Jon Leuer/Dellavadova contracts that were flying around that Summer.

Chandler has been down this road many times.  Fizz let him get over on him.  Bickerstaff will make him get fully healthy so he can actually give us something on the ridiculous contract he is on.

YO

15 hours ago, Father Pat said:

Brandon Knight - 388 games in 7 NBA seasons. Career averages of 30.9 mpg and 15 ppg. Gets cleared to play. Goes to G league with no timetable to return, rehabs and quickly comes back to help his team.

Chandler Parsons - 413 games in 8 NBA seasons. Career averages of 30.9 mpg and 13 ppg. Gets cleared to play. Declines to go to G league without a timetable. Obviously does not help his team.

Happy New Year to everyone as well (except to Parsons, he can go pound sand).

Knight  didn't start his rehab in the G-League.  He started it on the Rockets, played some games and couldn't get minutes even with Chris Paul out.  It's not a rehab assignment for Knight, it was a get playing time assignment.  

Also, share with me how Knight's has helped the Rocket's team since his return.

6 hours ago, MemphisX said:

He’s not healthy. He will never be healthy. He hasn’t helped this team in two and a half seasons and won’t help in this season. It sucka for everyone involved but he needs to show extended health in Southaven before even being considered to made active and his refusal would have had me giving him the treatment Noah got in New York.

Call is when you want to give back a significant amount of money in a buyout or we will call you when or if we use your contract in a trade.

Agreed.  This team is a red-hot 3-9 over the last 12 games, who wants to break up that continuity?

Also, great call on modeling the franchise after the New York Knicks!  I too hope for sub .400 winning percentage for 5-6 years!  Yep, lots of stars give back money, especially when they are broken down and likely playing on minimum contract for the remaining years.  We might shave off a quarter-million!

I'm so impressed how many anti-Wallace guys are so with him on this decision.

49 minutes ago, Grizzled Vet said:

Knight  didn't start his rehab in the G-League.  He started it on the Rockets, played some games and couldn't get minutes even with Chris Paul out.  It's not a rehab assignment for Knight, it was a get playing time assignment.  

Also, share with me how Knight's has helped the Rocket's team since his return.

No injured NBA player "starts his rehab in the G League", and I don't believe I stated that. Knight was sent to the G League as a rehab assignment by the Rockets. He came back and was sent down again AND HE WENT WITHOUT ANY SELFCENTERED EXCUSES - both times. That's the whole point here. Parsons is not putting his teammates before himself, and this disgusts me, and I can't understand how it doesn't offend every Grizzlies fan. The Memphis Grizzlies are not about one player. They are a team. Success can only come from a willingness to sacrifice for whatever is best for the team. Parsons "timetable" crap is shameful and does nothing to help the team. It is all about Parsons, who is someone that has yet to help the team. His body has failed the team, and now his character has also failed the team. You often can't control injuries but you sure as heck can control poor character. 

Team first. End of story. Anything less deserves condemnation. 

Calkins backing the Grizz on this one

https://www.dailymemphian.com/section/sportsgeoff-calkins/article/2178/Calkins-Once-again-Chandler-Parsons-is-unwilling-to-bet-on-himself

"But the point is, Parsons knew his knees weren’t worth betting on. And he wasn’t willing to do what it would take to persuade the Mavericks otherwise. Here we are, more than two years later, and the same thing is true. Chandler isn’t willing to accept an open-ended assignment to play for the Memphis Hustle. He’s declining to bet on his knees once again. That’s his prerogative, of course."

Just play him like 5 minutes and just see what he has. This situation couldn't be that difficult. We already aren't doing well, he can't hurt us more than we are hurting right now. If he sucks, bench him, if he's good, cool he can start earning that paycheck. 

1 hour ago, BigHunkALove said:

Calkins backing the Grizz on this one

https://www.dailymemphian.com/section/sportsgeoff-calkins/article/2178/Calkins-Once-again-Chandler-Parsons-is-unwilling-to-bet-on-himself

"But the point is, Parsons knew his knees weren’t worth betting on. And he wasn’t willing to do what it would take to persuade the Mavericks otherwise. Here we are, more than two years later, and the same thing is true. Chandler isn’t willing to accept an open-ended assignment to play for the Memphis Hustle. He’s declining to bet on his knees once again. That’s his prerogative, of course."

Exactamundo! Thanks for posting.