Adrenalize74

Chandler Parsons - Note to Memphis

Hats off to Chandlers PR guys for such a touching article.

But in all seriousness I never doubted that he was really injured. I do have questions about his ability to become the playmaker he once was.  I cant think of anybody who basically missed two years at a late prime age and returned to form.

He won't be the best ever CP, but i'm hoping for a good off the bench guy that has a good role, and also has some big nights like the 4th or 5th game last year.

I see him as coming off the bench, but also in the game with Mike and Mark to close the game.

I would guess Kyle Anderson would be one of those players, and I wouldn't be surprised at all if the 5th person was Marshon or Dillon Brooks or even Casspi, depending on the game.

Ain't never lost faith. The fact is Vince came back after two years of injuries/sucking and played just about as well as any 40 year old would've played. Brandan Wright struggled to come back over 3 years but when he did play he was great. Parsons mentioned Grant Hill as another example of someone who came back from pretty much 5 years worth of injuries and played as good as anyone in that situation. Finished his career playing almost 3 full 82-game seasons with the Suns.

Everything points to Parsons being able to comeback. He and the team definitely forced the issue that first season and it cost him badly. But with the way he played last year, when he did, there's no doubt he would've played more had the team not been actively tanking. He's on the right path back. Maybe not to the point of earn 20+ mill a year. But hey if he can comeback and be a 6th man or even end up starting for more than half a season, that'll be a success story.

Then when he's playing good, when the time is right, we trade his arse or resign to the minimum ha.

Read the article. He talks about wanting to be in Memphis still, which is a good thing. He also understands that he has to produce on the court. I just think that a lot of the "lessons" he learned were a little late in the game, him being a vested veteran when he came to Memphis. He knew he was injured, and so did the team. Why he warranted a max deal like that is beyond the scope of reason.

Nice sentiments in the letter. To really win over the fans, he will have to produce on the court big time. I really feel that his contract is one reason why the team felt it had to depart from Z-Bo and TA.

I actually made a negative comment about a couple of his comments yesterday to a friend...

so, let me eat some crow here..

very impressed by his words and commentary. I want nothing more than for this kid to come back soaring. it would be the story of stories if he could come back 85% of what he once was...heck, even 70%.

btw chandler, I was a huuuge magic fan. watched all of their games. all. great memories for me.

slim.

So he claims he "chose Memphis" and after that he says "Then I got injured". 

I'm surprised he didn't mention saving babies from burning buildings and diverting giant meteors from striking earth.

9 minutes ago, gentlemanquartely said:

he chose Memphis because we're the only ones who put 94 mil on the table.

Well Portland did too, so technically he did "choose" Memphis.  

Just now, ItIsWhatItIs said:

This PR puff piece is pure trash, Parsons doesn't care about basketball which was proven by the numerous comments Carlisle made in the Dallas days.

this, more than xrays and any amount of proven hard work, gives me true hope.

slim.

32 minutes ago, memphis slim said:

this, more than xrays and any amount of proven hard work, gives me true hope.

slim.

LOL

I always say the proof is in the pudding.  He doesn't seem to hang around Memphis helping the community, like the others.  He jet sets to LA to be with his celebrity friends.  His performance has been subpar.  And, he is offended when we question why we pay him so much.  These things, and, more is why I think we should trade Chandler.  He may be a nice guy and all, but, we don't pay him for the nice guy personality.  We pay him to hit 3's.

I think what this essentially boils down to is he's not a Memphis kinda guy.  I mean fit-wise.  Especially now that the org is talking about ensuring we remain a Grit-n-Grind team.  I don't remember how he was sold, but what he symbolized to me was the first big splash of the Fizdale era - and it was going to be a different era in the organization.  Maybe for Parsons, it was the J.B. relationship that sold him, but that wasn't relevant to the fans.

Best case scenario - if the moves we made this offseason actually bear fruit, as well as re-establish our identity - is that Parsons lights it up to the point that he's a 6th man of the year candidate.  However, if he's doing that well, there will be tremendous pressure to start him over Anderson, even if Anderson is the more fluid fit in the starting lineup.  A good problem to have, I guess, but ultimately the wrong call, I think.

I guess kudos to Parsons for wanting to rehab his image as well as his body.  But he alluded to it himself; produce, help the team win games, and it all goes away.  

22 minutes ago, The Truth is OUT said:

I think what this essentially boils down to is he's not a Memphis kinda guy.  I mean fit-wise.  Especially now that the org is talking about ensuring we remain a Grit-n-Grind team.  I don't remember how he was sold, but what he symbolized to me was the first big splash of the Fizdale era - and it was going to be a different era in the organization.  Maybe for Parsons, it was the J.B. relationship that sold him, but that wasn't relevant to the fans.

Best case scenario - if the moves we made this offseason actually bear fruit, as well as re-establish our identity - is that Parsons lights it up to the point that he's a 6th man of the year candidate.  However, if he's doing that well, there will be tremendous pressure to start him over Anderson, even if Anderson is the more fluid fit in the starting lineup.  A good problem to have, I guess, but ultimately the wrong call, I think.

I guess kudos to Parsons for wanting to rehab his image as well as his body.  But he alluded to it himself; produce, help the team win games, and it all goes away.  

conley/slowmo/jam/parson/gasol

7 hours ago, costarica2 said:

Nothing against the guy but he is done.

Business wise we have to get rid of him as soon as possible.

Totally agree 

I would package him and Rabb and get a backup for Marc

I'm excited.  The guy has skills.  If he's healthy and in shape, he can make a major impact.  It's just been frustrating with the injuries.

Hope you have a healthy & productive season this year Chandler!