Rdk4121

Should the Grizzlies get involved in the Jimmy Butler Sweepstakes?

I've been a Grizz fan from the minute they moved to Memphis... but if they traded JJJ for Butler, that would be the end of it for me.

JJJ is the future of the franchise.  The city of Memphis could kiss the team goodbye if they don't rebuild around JJJ.  Seattle is building a new arena as we post and they will take an NBA and/or NHL team any way they can get them.

And if you saw the crowd in Vegas for the pre-season Warriors/Lakers game the other night... I'd be worried about Vegas throwing their hat into the ring for an NBA team.  Their NHL franchise was an instant hit.

JJJ for Butler is a horrible idea, but it would be cool for one year having a guy with the pedigree and the balls to tell Marc Gasol about himself instead of him complaining about everyone else for a change.

I wouldn't do JJJ, and they probably wouldn't either since they already have a franchise big in KAT.

Would you do Chandler + Dillon + Future First Round Pick for him? That's not to say they would bite, but you got to give it a shot. Maybe we add in someone like JaM or Temple and have to take back Dieng from them in order to complete the deal. 

Essentially this: http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=y8bylol5 plus a future first. 

58 minutes ago, Rdk4121 said:

I wouldn't do JJJ, and they probably wouldn't either since they already have a franchise big in KAT.

Would you do Chandler 

Yes

6 hours ago, Rdk4121 said:

Would you do Chandler + Dillon + Future First Round Pick for him? That's not to say they would bite, but you got to give it a shot. Maybe we add in someone like JaM or Temple and have to take back Dieng from them in order to complete the deal. 

Essentially this: http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=y8bylol5 plus a future first. 

That would be great

MC/Mack/Carter

Butler/Selden/Harrison/Marshon

SlowMo/Watanabe

Jam/JJJ/DJ/Casspi

Gasol/Dieng/Rabb

i'd rather not , but i'd do temple , jam for dieng , okogie,  and future picks of some kind .

i'm pretty high on okogie though , looks like he could be a nice player .

On 10/13/2018 at 7:30 PM, IdrinkGuinness said:

i'd rather not , but i'd do temple , jam for dieng , okogie,  and future picks of some kind .

i'm pretty high on okogie though , looks like he could be a nice player .

Not sure I would do this one, but at some point this year, Green and Temple need to be the basis to take back someone's bad contract with a first round pick attached. It's time to accumulate some assets.

....but....and um....you....I didn't think you all were serious at first.  There aint NO WAY I trade JJJ for Jimmy Butler on the last year of his deal.  Even if he was locked up for several more under contract I'd still not do it.  The guy is overrated in terms of ability, he is a diva, and a malcontent.  How would it even be a remotely good idea to bring him in just as we are really looking at a rebuild?  Just....no.

Why would anyone want to trade JJJ for a rental?  We need rebounding more than anything. 

On 10/15/2018 at 9:58 AM, Gradey said:

....but....and um....you....I didn't think you all were serious at first.  There aint NO WAY I trade JJJ for Jimmy Butler on the last year of his deal.  Even if he was locked up for several more under contract I'd still not do it.  The guy is overrated in terms of ability, he is a diva, and a malcontent.  How would it even be a remotely good idea to bring him in just as we are really looking at a rebuild?  Just....no.

22 hours ago, grizzgolf said:

Why would anyone want to trade JJJ for a rental?  We need rebounding more than anything. 

The only person who suggested trade JJJ was KBM, and he did say only if he signed a long term contract so let’s keep that in mind everyone. 

The heck with Jimmy Butler. It may be too soon to talk about, but wait for the dust to settle in Portland after Paul Allen's death (RIP). Whoever takes over the ownership of that team will most likely be cutting salary. There might be some good players made available this season.

On 10/15/2018 at 8:45 AM, lsugrizzfan said:

Not sure I would do this one, but at some point this year, Green and Temple need to be the basis to take back someone's bad contract with a first round pick attached. It's time to accumulate some assets.

yeah , i'm pretty high on Okogie , but some picks and dieng for exp contracts seems pretty fair , maybe not  dieng for us with gasol,conley,parsons but it would be a move i'd get behind .

6 hours ago, Subliminal said:

The only person who suggested trade JJJ was KBM, and he did say only if he signed a long term contract so let’s keep that in mind everyone. 

Ah ok got ya.