Rdk4121

Should the Grizzlies get involved in the Jimmy Butler Sweepstakes?

4 Reasons the Memphis Grizzlies Should be in Jimmy Butler’s Preferred Teams

Just wanted to know everyone's opinion, and what you would be willing to give up in order to get it done/would you do it not knowing if he would sign an extension?

Personally, I would do it regardless, even if it means taking on Gorgui Dieng. It is our only realistic shot at getting a top 10 player on our team in the next decade most likely.

A possible trade would be Chandler Parsons, either Garrett Temple or JaMychal Green, 1 or 2 young guys (Harrison and Rabb possibly), and maybe a heavily protected first that turns into two 2nd round picks if it doesn't convey. You could change the second round pick into Dillon Brooks and a 2nd pick instead as well. Even if he doesn't sign on long term, at least we get rid of Parsons. 

What do you guys think?

I don't think there is a chance unless we traded a future first too, and there is no way I would do that for a one season rental.  I think we just need to resign ourselves to the fact that we will be paying Parsons for two more seasons and just hope that he can regain some of his former levels of productivity.

Seems like a team cancer

We would have a nice starting 5 on paper though 

They should get involved...but not necessarily for Butler himself. Especially if the Clips really are the favorites to get him. Take Lou Will, Tobias Harris or even Gallinari off their hands maybe for the right price. LA is gonna need the capspace.

Jimmy Butler is overrated. No way in hell I give him 190 mil. I'd rather stick will Dillon Brooks and Mashon Brooks, honestly. In fact, I would rather have Tyreke Evans than Butler (and I hate tyreke). Bulter is a low-key cancer on the twolves. He is looking for a big payday and to ride off into the sunset.

What has he even done in the league that was so great? 

33 minutes ago, cdp said:

They should get involved...but not necessarily for Butler himself. Especially if the Clips really are the favorites to get him. Take Lou Will, Tobias Harris or even Gallinari off their hands maybe for the right price. LA is gonna need to the capspace.

THISSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

16 hours ago, cdp said:

They should get involved...but not necessarily for Butler himself. Especially if the Clips really are the favorites to get him. Take Lou Will, Tobias Harris or even Gallinari off their hands maybe for the right price. LA is gonna need the capspace.

this is my thinking.

might be a realistic way to off-load the cp contract- getting in the mix somehow..

although, I actually do have some faith in his (cp's) play this year.

slim.

Has anyone seen or heard anything on Chandler's training, rehab, restrictions, or whatever? As most I hate his contract, but I do think he can help this team if fully healthy. 

Chris Wallace should be inquiring but not getting into a bidding war for a one season rental in Butler.

On 9/23/2018 at 1:13 PM, Rdk4121 said:

4 Reasons the Memphis Grizzlies Should be in Jimmy Butler’s Preferred Teams

Just wanted to know everyone's opinion, and what you would be willing to give up in order to get it done/would you do it not knowing if he would sign an extension?

Personally, I would do it regardless, even if it means taking on Gorgui Dieng. It is our only realistic shot at getting a top 10 player on our team in the next decade most likely.

A possible trade would be Chandler Parsons, either Garrett Temple or JaMychal Green, 1 or 2 young guys (Harrison and Rabb possibly), and maybe a heavily protected first that turns into two 2nd round picks if it doesn't convey. You could change the second round pick into Dillon Brooks and a 2nd pick instead as well. Even if he doesn't sign on long term, at least we get rid of Parsons. 

What do you guys think?

For me we should get involved,  but just to take Dieng from them, I know his contract isnt good, but I believe its the best chance of us getting a backup for Marc.

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=yazxh2yr

4 hours ago, The Stro Show said:

If I was the Raptors I’d be tryna nab Butler. 

Yeah, they should.

Imagine if Kyrie follow him, a big 3 of Kyrie/Butler/Kawhi is scary good. 

I think I've changed my mind on Jimmy Butler. If I were the grizzlies I might dangle JJJ at the twolves for him.

The thing is that the grizzlies are probably about to get the best Chandler they've had in years. They have mostly vets on the team. Yeah, JJJ could be great someday but it won't be this year.

It's clear that the grizzlies need a number 2 scorer, that marc just isn't going to be that anymore. You add butler to the mix and suddenly yeah the grizzlies would be firing on all pistons again. And we can let Gasol be what he wants to be a passer and a guy that really doesn't want to be a scorer.

2 hours ago, Kevin B Moses said:

I think I've changed my mind on Jimmy Butler. If I were the grizzlies I might dangle JJJ at the twolves for him.

The thing is that the grizzlies are probably about to get the best Chandler they've had in years. They have mostly vets on the team. Yeah, JJJ could be great someday but it won't be this year.

It's clear that the grizzlies need a number 2 scorer, that marc just isn't going to be that anymore. You add butler to the mix and suddenly yeah the grizzlies would be firing on all pistons again. And we can let Gasol be what he wants to be a passer and a guy that really doesn't want to be a scorer.

The best Chandler in years?

Yeah, I could tell that after last night's performance.

20mins of play and contributed a whopping 4pts.

Basically was a passenger his whole time on the court and a game worst plus minus -21

On the bright side, that was at least 4 pts more than Green, who contributed a big duck egg.

But hey, it's just the preseason right?

....and Butler is a cancer. He's created trouble on every team he's been on.

Y'all bagging Gasol because he was ripping his team mates last year, did you see Butler's "performance" at the first training session he finally got his azzzz down to?

No thanks

3 hours ago, Kevin B Moses said:

I’m shocked that KBM changed his mind.😄

5 hours ago, Kevin B Moses said:

You would trade our best shot at a future superstar for one year of Jimmy Butler in which our best case scenario would be conference semifinals??? Wow

40 minutes ago, lsugrizzfan said:

You would trade our best shot at a future superstar for one year of Jimmy Butler in which our best case scenario would be conference semifinals??? Wow

Don't worry. He'll change his mind again. 

Mad respect to Jimmy Butler if he really did take the third stringers snd whipped the starters butts. He called them soft then he proved it.

3 hours ago, lsugrizzfan said:

Not for 1 year. He would have to sign a long term contract

7 hours ago, guillermo said:

and pay him 200 million to stay

with the way the grizzlies luck is he signs then gets hurt