Wells

Finally, the boards are back!

It’s been a long time. Glad they are up again

21 minutes ago, BigHunkALove said:

Hacked by the Russians?

Russians, Clippers,....some guy on his couch...it could be anybody...

1 hour ago, El Guapo said:

Russians, Clippers,....some guy on his couch...it could be anybody...

Well, they banned me from the boards for a month so I said if I'm going down, everybody going down. Wrote some fortran code and voila. 

I don’t know who yet but someone’s gonna get issued a whole mess of demerits for this malarkey

3 hours ago, Ole Dirty Klondike said:

Well, they banned me from the boards for a month so I said if I'm going down, everybody going down. Wrote some fortran code and voila. 

Oh yeah, you can claim it was intentional now.

Non-Secure+Smoke+Signals.gif

2 hours ago, fanboyslim said:

Video has surfaced pointing to the Chinese

panda_display.gif

Hmm, I think those are Russian bears dressed as pandas to fool everyone. 

1 hour ago, Ole Dirty Klondike said:

Hmm, I think those are Russian bears dressed as pandas to fool everyone. 

*shakes fist*

Will they stop at nothing ?

It was a conspiracy from within the organization as they knew there would be rioting after waiving Dakari Johnson.

Poor guy didn't even get a proper memory thread.

Out of the 20000 times i checked to see if it was up in runnin, there were a couple different hosting error page thingys. So no doubt it was somethin that got out of their hands. guess they couldn't really warn or  communicate with us either.

You really don't know what cha got till it's gone, especially for a grizz fan outside of memphis lol

I haven't checked if the IP address is still the same, but as the URL is changed, it looks like we got moved to a new server. And I expect there will be some format changes over the next few weeks as we head into the preseason and regular season.

I really didn't miss my TV when I cut it off, but if I had checked the boards about three more times without success I think my head would've exploded.  Glad they're back.  I just wish they could've given us some warning or, at least, a message on the team site (which these boards are linked to) stating they were down and the issue was being worked on.  It was maddening not knowing.  Kind of silly, huh?

Welcome back and great to see you guys again!

Thought I was going to have to cave and move over to Grizzlies reddit... missed y'all, and happy to have the boards back right before training camp!

Just in time, ready to get this season going. By the way, why no video of the latest press conference?

13 hours ago, cdp said:

Out of the 20000 times i checked to see if it was up in runnin, there were a couple different hosting error page thingys. So no doubt it was somethin that got out of their hands. guess they couldn't really warn or  communicate with us either.

You really don't know what cha got till it's gone, especially for a grizz fan outside of memphis lol

I obviously don't know the technical details of what happened, but I am an IT support manager in a large corporation and from what I could gather looking at the errors that popped up during the outage, this had all the hallmarks of a major screwup (or very poor planning amounting to the same) by whoever is managing the server where the forums are located.

It looks to me like the server was relocated to a new hosting service, and rather than doing the necessary work ahead of time to minimize service impact someone just flipped the switch on the server and suspended the hosting service, and then went away to work on it for a month. All of this without prior warning or an explanation after the fact. I know the forums and their users haven't exactly been a priority for the Grizzlies' organization for a long time, but come on. Isn't there anyone in the whole organization that can spend ten minutes writing a post explaining what happened?

But even if we don't matter much to the organization, what I can't understand is how the Grizzlies can tolerate a month long outage in a public facing service. I mean, these aren't some random fan's hosted forums. They're the Memphis Grizzlies forums, and they're directly accessible (or, as it were, not accessible) from the franchise's official website in NBA.com. As an organization with a budget of hundreds of millions of dollars and an owner whose company's motto is "connecting everyone, everywhere," I'd be more concerned about the unprofessional public image this outage gave than about the rumblings of us poor users.

Anyway, sorry, rant over. At least training camp is around the corner.

Finally the board has come back to Memphis!!!!

18 hours ago, cdp said:

The "backup" forum to use during outages is still up.  You might want to bookmark it just in case...

http://grizzmemphis.boards.net/

7 hours ago, fanboyslim said:

I obviously don't know the technical details of what happened, but I am an IT support manager in a large corporation and from what I could gather looking at the errors that popped up during the outage, this had all the hallmarks of a major screwup (or very poor planning amounting to the same) by whoever is managing the server where the forums are located.

It looks to me like the server was relocated to a new hosting service, and rather than doing the necessary work ahead of time to minimize service impact someone just flipped the switch on the server and suspended the hosting service, and then went away to work on it for a month. All of this without prior warning or an explanation after the fact. I know the forums and their users haven't exactly been a priority for the Grizzlies' organization for a long time, but come on. Isn't there anyone in the whole organization that can spend ten minutes writing a post explaining what happened?

But even if we don't matter much to the organization, what I can't understand is how the Grizzlies can tolerate a month long outage in a public facing service. I mean, these aren't some random fan's hosted forums. They're the Memphis Grizzlies forums, and they're directly accessible (or, as it were, not accessible) from the franchise's official website in NBA.com. As an organization with a budget of hundreds of millions of dollars and an owner whose company's motto is "connecting everyone, everywhere," I'd be more concerned about the unprofessional public image this outage gave than about the rumblings of us poor users.

Anyway, sorry, rant over. At least training camp is around the corner.

I 100% agree.  Sometimes I think the Grizzlies tech and marketing side is stuck in 2005.

The webpage is the first contact for many with the Grizzlies interested in the team.

And while the content for Grizz City Media gets updated quickly, the content and format for other items is very slow to be updated.

The promotions page has 5 items on it.  At best, 2 are current, and their only current because they were put there in February and March.

If it is like the past, the 17-18 Grizz Girls page will be updated sometime after the All-Star break, like in March of 2019.

And the ticket deals will be posted on webpage last, sometimes after they are announced, and be left up way too long.