GF#1

Grizzlies sign Kyle Anderson to offer sheet (Spurs did not match)

10 hours ago, Ole Dirty Klondike said:

Hey, I was a little kid and watched mTV, gimme a break. Anyway, was that her only hit?

Honestly, ODK, I don't know.  I just remember it from mTV too, or was it Nightrax or whatever TNT called their video show.  Never kept up with Suzanne Vega.  I wasn't a little kid and I did pick up on your reference though.;)

That song was turrible

I had not heard it, but now everyone in this thread is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul. 

Looks like we are trying to cobble together a roster/rotation for the Post-New-NBA-Advanced Stats Era Edition.  Better that than doing a cheap imitation of the Golden State Warriors.  

Even though JJJ is a "4" now that will pretty much give us lots of twin tower lineups with either Gasol or DD.  

Magic on the twin towers bandwagon, too, with Isaac and Bamba -- and Isaac appears to still be growing and looks to be nearly 7 feet tall and almost as tall as The Bamba.  

Same with Knicks and the potential for a Porzingas-Mitch Rob duo inside. David "Mr. Fizz" Fizzdale also intimated at a potential MEGA lineup of Robinson and Luke Kornett inside with Porzingas at the 3 and even Kevin Knox at the 2.  Or, Fizzdale is doing some mega trolling.

I think the Post-New NBA will feature some of all that: defense,length, versatility, shooting, AND the ability to play some MONSTER lineups.

I will call it the 3DVD Era aka the 3's/Defense/Versatility/Dunks Era.

25 minutes ago, Zappastache said:

That song was turrible

I had not heard it, but now everyone in this thread is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul. 

Wasn't my favorite either, but someone asked, and it seemed appropriate since we're participating in the Suzanne Vegas Summer League.

23 minutes ago, smit-tay griz said:

Wasn't my favorite either, but someone asked, and it seemed appropriate since we're participating in the Suzanne Vegas Summer League.

Suzanne Vega for the veteran minimum. Do it, Chris.

1 hour ago, fanboyslim said:

Come on now, Suzanne Vega had at least two hits.

Tom's Diner is the only thing I remember. It was catchy but used a beat alot of others used in that time period.(Edit: The DNA remix, which I am most familiar with, used a familiar beat)

On 7/9/2018 at 8:09 PM, ItIsWhatItIs said:

You guys are just setting yourselves up for disappointment. The man averaged 8 points and 5 rebounds a game, don't compare him to Draymond Green and Luka Doncic and then get upset when he's a not as good fat Boris diaw. 

Nah..Is what IT is to me...Im not comparing him to the actual player as much as I am the role the player plays. 

So no I wont be disappointed if hes not on that level. Which I don't expect him to be.

8 hours ago, PutARingOnIt#GrizzFan said:

has nothing to do with disagreeing...it took me long because i usually dont engage with ppl like you..last my point is valid you are an dramaqueen...who complains when there is nothing to complain about.

No, it has everything to do with disagreeing. You didn't like something I said, you got triggered, and you started name calling like a child. Now we see you are either too cowardly to own up to it or too stupid to recognize it. What is it like to go through life with the emotional intelligence of a 9 year old?

What exactly do you think this message board is about? People come here, they converse about the team - that's the whole point! Do you expect to live in a dream world where everyone loves everything the FO does all of the time, or do you expect to live in a dream world where everyone agrees with you about the team all of the time? Neither will ever happen. If you can't deal with complaints about what's going on with the team, then you should leave.

Is Kyle starting over Brooks?

Brooks is a bit small for a 3 anyway, so this should be good. 

We'll be hoping for a heck of a leap in production from Brooks though... Hope the young man is ready for it!

I feel old when I find out Slomo and these guys aren't even 25. I wish I had a 40 million dollar contract... ?

1 hour ago, Gradey said:

Heh sounds like we'll be the slowest team in the NBA :D  Hopefully someone can make some shots.

Fortunately, the slower you are the fewer shots you have to make!

8 hours ago, TimBC said:

If there's one thing that song is NOT, it's silly. Maybe you should re-check the lyrics. 

Okay, okay, the lyrical subject matter was very serious.  I hope the song did some good and made more folks aware.

On 7/10/2018 at 4:53 PM, smit-tay griz said:

Honestly, ODK, I don't know.  I just remember it from mTV too, or was it Nightrax or whatever TNT called their video show.  Never kept up with Suzanne Vega.  I wasn't a little kid and I did pick up on your reference though.;)

If we are going old school, my vote goes to 99 Luft balloons. First time I saw a woman with hairy armpits and I was liked **** she's sexy.

9 minutes ago, Kevin B Moses said:

First time I saw a woman with hairy armpits and I was liked **** she's sexy.

This explains a lot. You are obviously living on the wrong continent. ?

Legendary Coach Popovich on Kyle Anderson:

“He’s a wonderful young man. Good basketball player, very versatile. But a really good guy, great teammate. He was wonderful.” 

Pop on how he saw Kyle grow as a player/person during his 4 seasons w/Spurs:

“In every way, shape and form, it was fantastic. He absorbed things. Unbelievably coachable. Improved in everything."

29 minutes ago, BigHunkALove said:

Legendary Coach Popovich on Kyle Anderson:

“He’s a wonderful young man. Good basketball player, very versatile. But a really good guy, great teammate. He was wonderful.” 

Pop on how he saw Kyle grow as a player/person during his 4 seasons w/Spurs:

“In every way, shape and form, it was fantastic. He absorbed things. Unbelievably coachable. Improved in everything."

My dad was not a fan of KA early on, I was. I tried to explain he’s a softer spoken Battier/Allen hybrid that is young and is very smart and will improve as chemistry builds. 

He would text me, “I hate Anderson!”. I had to point out, he had 13 rebounds and 5-6 assists with a couple steals and blocks. Once the layups start to fall, he’ll look a lot better. 

Bickerstaff seems to trust him (must be killing it at practice). He’s only gotten better with time. He hit a corner three last night. He gets lost/neglected and makes TA-like, high bbiq cuts to the basket (which he’s making now). The purposely missed three that led to the Luka steal and dunk to more than seal the Dallas game;)

9/9/2/2 last night on %100 fg%. Dude is GnG 2.0 personified.