GF#1

Grizzlies sign Kyle Anderson to offer sheet (Spurs did not match)

1 hour ago, BHZMAFIA said:

People look at the Spurs roster without Kawhi and wonder how they were able to be so good without him. 

You would think so. I looked it up and was surprised to find that the Spurs actually had a higher win % without Leonard than they did when he played during the regular season last year. It is also a little surprising to note that they were just 1 game from being in the lottery.

Another interesting note; Kyle Anderson had the 3rd most minutes played for the Spurs last season. We may very well win more games than the Spurs next season. How about that?

38 minutes ago, chipc3 said:

Some interesting notes I have found researching Kyle Anderson as a NBA prospect:

It should be noted that Kyle also had the 3rd highest body fat % at the combine so we will all need to do our best to keep him away from the Fried Chicken and BBQ haunts! 

lol 

Cam Rose mentioned on his podcast that Grizz staff have spoken with Kyle about leaning him up.    That he was in favor of it and one of the reasons he wanted to leave SAS.  

Hey if that was the same mindset for Luka then why can't it work for Kyle too?

27 minutes ago, GrizzTigerFan said:

lol 

Cam Rose mentioned on his podcast that Grizz staff have spoken with Kyle about leaning him up.    That he was in favor of it and one of the reasons he wanted to leave SAS.  

Yep. He's our Luka

You guys are just setting yourselves up for disappointment. The man averaged 8 points and 5 rebounds a game, don't compare him to Draymond Green and Luka Doncic and then get upset when he's a not as good fat Boris diaw. 

22 minutes ago, ItIsWhatItIs said:

You guys are just setting yourselves up for disappointment. The man averaged 8 points and 5 rebounds a game, don't compare him to Draymond Green and Luka Doncic and then get upset when he's a not as good fat Boris diaw. 

Post of the year right here.

14 hours ago, trayhezy said:

While I may not call it quantity over quality, I agree with your general premise.

I have wanted the Grizz to target young and improving players coming off their rookie deals or second contracts. If you think they can continue to improve you can overpay them as their contracts would not necessarily kill your salary cap.

Will Barton would have been a perfect example of this (if we had the cap space) being 27, a proven NBA guy still in his prime who can score for 13 million is a good deal in the current NBA economy.

Kyle Anderson falls into this category as well. 24 years old with some room for improvement and only taking up 8% or so of the salary cap. If he busts you can still maneuver without killing your cap. But if he turns into to something good/great you can offer more money than anyone to keep him at age 28.

I want to see the Grizz continue to build this way through the draft and FA signings of young up and coming players.

The Parsons debacle and mismanagement of draft picks has forced them to shop in the bargain bin of undrafted and d-league players for way too long.

In principle, I agree with the strategy, if your willing to stick with it.

We all know now its Fizdale who wanted Zbo out, but we should have signed Zbo for a one year deal, let JaM walk (or stuck with the low QO), now we'd have space to have signed Julius Randle for basically the same as what we are paying Green. Randle is on the upswing, Green is not. Then a Randle/JJJ frontcourt could be the future when Marc retires/walks

We will see if Slo-Mo is the right deal, but I am optimistic though. On defense, he is going to make the team better. He can also handle the ball some and facilitate on offense. I think he is going to fit in really well with Marc and Mike. He is not a scorer, but with only the MLE available to spend we ain't getting no scorer. We are now getting a guy who help us win games, who is a piece for both the present with Marc and Mike and the future with JJJ and Dillion.

6 hours ago, GrizzTigerFan said:

lol 

Huh? The guy is a professional athlete. Why would the Spurs be opposed to "leaning him up"? He wasn't muscular or solid, he was kind of flabby. Shouldn't he want to lean up himself?

1 hour ago, ItIsWhatItIs said:

1 hour ago, Dwash said:

Post of the year right here.

It amazes me that this fanbase is so pumped over a guy who averaged 8 pts and 5 boards and is known as one of the slowest wing players in the game. This board has been screaming for a high scoring wing ever since Rudy left. I hope it works it and i think he is a decent piece, but I think we still need a scoring wing and he would just displace one of our bench players. 

I just hope he can contribute more than Brian Cardinal. Another smart, heady player who played with heart and was signed by the great Jerry West so he had to be good. He was averaging 9.6 pts and 4 boards before coming to the Grizz and basically avg that in his first year before his numbers plummeted and he was injured all of the time. 

16 minutes ago, Ole Dirty Klondike said:

It amazes me that this fanbase is so pumped over a guy who averaged 8 pts and 5 boards and is known as one of the slowest wing players in the game. This board has been screaming for a high scoring wing ever since Rudy left. I hope it works it and i think he is a decent piece, but I think we still need a scoring wing and he would just displace one of our bench players. 

I just hope he can contribute more than Brian Cardinal. Another smart, heady player who played with heart and was signed by the great Jerry West so he had to be good. He was averaging 9.6 pts and 4 boards before coming to the Grizz and basically avg that in his first year before his numbers plummeted and he was injured all of the time. 

I don't know maybe it's because he's one of the best defensive players in the league and some people value defense.

The board can worship Tyreke Evans till the cows come home but I still think the guy cost us more games and he won. but hey as long as he scores 20 points a game it don't matter.

7 minutes ago, Kevin B Moses said:

I don't know maybe it's because he's one of the best defensive players in the league and some people value defense.

The board can worship Tyreke Evans till the cows come home but I still think the guy cost us more games and he won. but hey as long as he scores 20 points a game it don't matter.

Guess Popovich doesnt think defense is important.

24 minutes ago, Kevin B Moses said:

I have no idea who you think is about to defend Tyreke but it sure as heck ain't me. I have no idea how this team will score 100 pts a game next season. in a league where 6 teams averaged over 110 ppg and 15 averaged at least 106, the Grizz avg 99 and we add a guy who is not known for scoring because of our great defense. We'll see how it works out. 

2 hours ago, Ole Dirty Klondike said:

Rumor is swaggy p might be getting a look 

Anderson was signed just b/c we felt we needed to sign somebody. Signing just to be signing; a bad strategy. Far as I know there is no rule that says a team must sign somebody every offseason. Just wait, sign nobody, and be in a great position to sign somebody consequential or better next year. You can tell there is no vision or plan with a move like this. It reeks of desperation and impatience. 

2 hours ago, tennesseessio said:

Anderson was signed just b/c we felt we needed to sign somebody. Signing just to be signing; a bad strategy. Far as I know there is no rule that says a team must sign somebody every offseason. Just wait, sign nobody, and be in a great position to sign somebody consequential or better next year. You can tell there is no vision or plan with a move like this. It reeks of desperation and impatience. 

you reek of something also.

8 hours ago, f-dizzle said:

SlowMo would be better off the bench. We need shooters in the starting lineup. He could be the glue guy for the 2nd unit. 

4 of the 5 guys that should be in the starting lineup can shoot??? 

The level of complaining about this signing is weird ok so they didn't sign a 6'9 high scoring wing they decided to go with a more defense based approach like all the other moves they have made so far. I mean the coach did say they can't mimic GS or Houston it's obvious the team wants to focus on defense again. This is the first time in a long time that it looks like they have some type of plan as to what they are trying to do. And instead of seeing how it turns out we just kill the idea......As much as I dislike Wallace at least for once the decisions make sense this summer..... Barton would have been a great fit sure but if anyone thought he was coming here for the MLE was kidding themselves.....for everything Tyreke was last year he's not a good fit on this team he can't start cause he's so iso dependent.....and like it or not him and Marshon playing off the bench would be a disaster for any other player on the court with them..... So after those two there weren't anymore high scoring big wings to get...... Maybe once Mike and Marc move on we can readjust the lineup put Slow Mo at point and land a young high scoring wing then. Either way the FO seem to have a vision so let's see how it works out