GF#1

Grizzlies sign Kyle Anderson to offer sheet (Spurs did not match)

4 years 37.2 million with 15% trade kicker, per Woj. Spurs have 48 hours to match. 

Sigh. 

Spurs depth chart shows two SFs. Leonard and Anderson. 

If they aren't keeping Kawhi, they HAVE to match, or pull a trade that gets them a SF for Kawhi. 
Even if they keep him, their choice is to match him of trade someone else for a new backup SF. 

This is one of the guys I wanted us to draft the year he came out so I’m obviously ok with signing him

I didn’t want to sign anyone for over two years but this guy is young and improving. Might be a good future piece

Amazing, after ragging on them.....

I like Anderson, he's pretty good but it's a lot of money, and again, tied up long term.

Also, why even bother to sign Casspi if this is a move you had been planning?

Like I said, no vision....

The only way to put pressure on the Spurs was to make this 4 years, fully guaranteed.

Great defender and a good playmaker. He was one of the best defenders from an analytical standpoint last year. So, I understand the signing. They also see Dillon more as a 2, which is what else is this signing is telling me. Play him as your starting 3 and now you have a secondary ball handler.

the numbers are tough, but maybe he breaks out here . 

Kyle was 3rd in the league in DBPM for players with over 1500 minutes 
16th in the league in DRPM 
8th in the league in STL%

6 minutes ago, BHZMAFIA said:

The only way to put pressure on the Spurs was to make this 4 years, fully guaranteed.

Great defender and a good playmaker. He was one of the best defenders from an analytical standpoint last year. So, I understand the signing. They also see Dillon more as a 2, which is what else is this signing is telling me. Play him as your starting 3 and now you have a secondary ball handler.

the numbers are tough, but maybe he breaks out here . 

Kyle was 3rd in the league in DBPM for players with over 1500 minutes 
16th in the league in DRPM 
8th in the league in STL%

So we gonna move someone?

Martin? Green?

Parsons must be done

5 minutes ago, BigHunkALove said:

Amazing, after ragging on them.....

I like Anderson, he's pretty good but it's a lot of money, and again, tied up long term.

Also, why even bother to sign Casspi if this is a move you had been planning?

Like I said, no vision....

That's literally my only issue with signing him.    Truthfully, if Parsons wasn't on the roster then i would be ok with Casspi too because we need his shooting. 

6 minutes ago, BHZMAFIA said:

Yea i see Dillon moving to the 2 as well.   Grooming him into a legit scoring option must be the plan.  

Mike + Dillon + SloMo + JJJ + Gasol.   We are def gonna be a halfcourt offensive team.  

3 minutes ago, GrizzTigerFan said:

That's literally my only issue with signing him.    Truthfully, if Parsons wasn't on the roster then i would be ok with Casspi too because we need his shooting. 

Then Parsons is done, he won't be ready to play when the season kicks off.

4 minutes ago, GrizzTigerFan said:

Yea i see Dillon moving to the 2 as well.   Grooming him into a legit scoring option must be the plan.  

Mike + Dillon + SloMo + JJJ + Gasol.   We are def gonna be a halfcourt offensive team.  

Well hopefully Triple J gonna get some post up moves. Someone will have to

7 minutes ago, GrizzTigerFan said:

bench- Harrison seldom marshon jam dd

1 minute ago, bhoyal said:

The Spurs might match if they feel like KL is going to bolt.  

Don't get too (excited/unexcited) yet.

Yep

48hrs right?

12 minutes ago, BigHunkALove said:

So we gonna move someone?

Martin? Green?

Parsons must be done

I don’t see how Kyle effects any of those guys. None of them were starting at SF, which is where Kyle will start. 

Casspi will replace Martin’s mins. 

Im assuming a lineup of

Conley - Brooks - Slo Mo - JJJ - Gasol

Harrison/Carter - Selden - casspi - parsons - JAM

OR they may roll with Carter - Harrison backcourt. 

The amount is a little more than double the Spurs qualifying offer. It seems weird though. I guess you don't have to worry about ticking off the Spurs F.O. because they don't make deals within their division. Spurs should have plenty of room to sign him if they want to. I just can't picture Wallace doing this without calling them first though.

1 minute ago, Dwash said:

He plays like Tayshaun at age 33.

Haha. I just said the same thing when describing him to my wife a minute ago. OK 3 pt shooter, just doesn't take many like Prince used to be.