Sign in to follow this  
MemphisX

Blueprint for a NBA Championship

the only way Memphis can get  super star players is go  way  over the salary cap and. no smart business man is not going to lose money

The biggest part of any blueprint for a championship has nothing to do with none of that stuff: the key to a championship is patience and developing chemistry.

in a vacuum you could say that the Chicago Bulls with Scottie Pippen and Michael Jordan follows your blueprint.

but in that vacuum you don't see the  four or five years or so that they lost to the Pistons and the Celtics before they broke through.

The problem with the board is that people don't want to spend the time it takes to win a championship. They want easy verifiable results.

A secondary concerned is that veterans win championships not rookies not phenoms not anything else but veteran players.

You could also say that the best team wins championships. That is certainly the case in this new era of basketball where nobody wants to compete with anybody else.

You can sometimes counteract all the greatness that the Warriors are with defense but in general the Warriors are going to beat anybody no matter what you put against them. That's just a fact and a reality.

you could also say that unless you're in a big market town with nightlife and stars you're not going to win a championship. Those towns allows you to attract free agents.  Everybody wants to play in LA or some version of LA like the Lakers the Clippers Golden State and Miami.

That kind of gets me thinking that going to La for LeBron is the worst thing for his career. La is going to be a huge distraction for him where he's going to be meeting with people who want to do business with him, Etc.

I see la as an opportunity for him to be as much of a businessman off the court then him actually being a fulcrum to a championship on the court. 

Although it don't really matter much because the Warriors are going to be undefeated anyway. 

But again the only way to win a championship is to give you're player's time to develop with each other and that's not a three or five or seven year thing it can sometimes be 10 years.

And while I do think the Grizzlies have a lot going for them it's going to be hard to beat the warriors no matter what.

I do think that Jaren Jackson Jr has a little bit more fire than I originally thought and he looks like he is taking on the mentality of grit-and-grind. Although I'd rest a little easier knowing that he isn't falling to the ground every 5 seconds are running into the stands. 

It's really scary. But I can't fault the effort.

13 hours ago, lions said:

the only way Memphis can get  super star players is go  way  over the salary cap and. no smart business man is not going to lose money

You ever heard of trades and the draft?

5 hours ago, chipc3 said:

You ever heard of trades and the draft?

trades and draft pick counts towards the salary cap

51 minutes ago, lions said:

trades and draft pick counts towards the salary cap

And free agents don’t? I really don’t understand your position here.

23 minutes ago, chipc3 said:

And free agents don’t? I really don’t understand your position here.

I think he is saying that you have to spend money to get stars and go over the luxury tax (although he says cap). He is thinking if Memphis does it, they will lose money while larger cities can afford it.

9 hours ago, Dwash said:

I think he is saying that you have to spend money to get stars and go over the luxury tax (although he says cap). He is thinking if Memphis does it, they will lose money while larger cities can afford it.

thank you

We can now proceed to step 2...

Need a championship sidekick.  Preferably one that is ball dominant but the Spurs with Avery Johnson has shown that isn't needed.  Just preferred.

On 7/7/2018 at 5:26 PM, lions said:

i take you never seen a rich guy that whats to win , id also wager lots of smart business men have lost money at some point

8 hours ago, IdrinkGuinness said:

i take you never seen a rich guy that whats to win , id also wager lots of smart business men have lost money at some point

I hope you are right because I would love to see  the grizzlies be world champ 

17 hours ago, MemphisX said:

We can now proceed to step 2...

Need a championship sidekick.  Preferably one that is ball dominant but the Spurs with Avery Johnson has shown that isn't needed.  Just preferred.

Cool thing about that is the sidekick doesn't also have to be drafted.  Just gotta find a underperformer that has been miscast as an Alpha.

3 hours ago, GrizzTigerFan said:

Cool thing about that is the sidekick doesn't also have to be drafted.  Just gotta find a underperformer that has been miscast as an Alpha.

I thought X was thinking further into the future, meaning post-Mike/Marc era, which means he would need t be an alpha.