Grizzled Vet

Grizzlies sign Omri Casspi

22Harris already signed (could have signed him) and Hezonja will get better offers than MLE, if so, Tyreke is the only hope for that money.

If we dont get Tyreke I would be in favor of Williams in a trade or Lance cheap or even TA. 

Could we trade for Zbo back, sign TA cheap and also move Parsons + Rabb for Noah + Williams + Baker for sure.

MC/Harrison/Carter

Selden/Baker/TA

Dillon/Williams/Casspi 

3Js/Zbo/Martin

Gasol/DD/Noah

37 minutes ago, Dwash said:

Casspi is insurance for all of the strikeouts that are about to occur.

As well as insurance for Parson's inevitable injury.

Seems logical - between the two of them (Parsons/Casspi) we can hopefully get a full season of production.

3 minutes ago, Subliminal said:

I relinquish my fandom after 19 years; -5 demerits 

That’s a fair penalty

7 hours ago, MemphisX said:

$2.2 is league minimum, not part of MLE.

ok, so we have about $7.5 mil left to play. I don't think that changes much as far as the caliber of player we sign. i'm kind of with Chip on this Casspi thing, it's a yawn and a whatever. I'd be surprised if we could get anyone that would make an impact with what we have. i mean Joe friggen Harris signed a 2 year, $ 16 mil deal.

Do we really need to sign a FA? i mean, how much of an impact would any remaining FA that we could sign for the money we have left have?

4 hours ago, Jetfixer said:

I think if we signed a decent guy to the MLE, then signed Casspi, people would be happy.

Why do we need to sign anyone? i think right now if we stay relatively healthy, we'd be a borderline playoff team. I don't think signing a FA in that $7-$8 mil range is going to change that. Just save the money and wait til next off-season when you'll have a lot more available cash to sign players. 

31 minutes ago, ItIsWhatItIs said:

Whatever move.

This is further proof that Wallace does not update his free agents for years btw.

One of the most positive IIWII comments I've read.

2 hours ago, Ole Dirty Klondike said:

Do we really need to sign a FA? i mean, how much of an impact would any remaining FA that we could sign for the money we have left have?

This is where i am. I think i am just looking at trades for the most part. 

11 hours ago, smit-tay griz said:

Who do we have on the wing that shoots better?  Parsons maybe, if he is healthy enough.

True, still not a better option to start than Brooks or even Parsons tho.‎

I've got nothing against the guy, and there was a time when I thought he might be a good player on the bench. That being said... 

7th team in 6 seasons, never knew defense, and why on Gods green earth are we collecting Sactown rejects?

Wallace dumpster diving at his best.

Can't figure out why everyone is mad. He's on a minimum deal, probably going to be depth at PF or SF (probably PF, since JaM is likely getting moved for a SF). He shoots the 3 very well, and will accept whatever role we give him. Not moving the needle a whole lot, but it's a 1 year deal to allow JJJ and Rabb to develop their games with a veteran presence to help them. 

2 minutes ago, Rdk4121 said:

Can't figure out why everyone is mad. He's on a minimum deal, probably going to be depth at PF or SF (probably PF, since JaM is likely getting moved for a SF). He shoots the 3 very well, and will accept whatever role we give him. Not moving the needle a whole lot, but it's a 1 year deal to allow JJJ and Rabb to develop their games with a veteran presence to help them. 

Exactly! 

12 minutes ago, Rdk4121 said:

Can't figure out why everyone is mad.

I don't think it's that everyone is mad that they signed Casspi. It's that the team needs a lot more than an aged one dimensional player to compete.

Signing Casspi after a good signing or trade would have brought a much different reaction.

39 minutes ago, Father Pat said:

I've got nothing against the guy, and there was a time when I thought he might be a good player on the bench. That being said... 

7th team in 6 seasons, never knew defense, and why on Gods green earth are we collecting Sactown rejects?

Wallace dumpster diving at his best.

Sactown reject?  He was good enough to play 53 games for the champs this season.  Now he's not good enough for the last place team?  Your expectations may be too high.

11 minutes ago, smit-tay griz said:

Sactown reject?  He was good enough to play 53 games for the champs this season.  Now he's not good enough for the last place team?  Your expectations may be too high.

C'mon smitty, how often are guys that bounce around like he has a difference maker? Mo Speights played for the champs not that long ago and he just signed a deal to play in China. This might be hard for some to wrap their heads around, but not every player on a championship team is good player. On the contrary, playing with great players often makes a not-so-good player look better than he is because he has the worst defender on him, or no one at all.

SMALL MARKET small deals

1 hour ago, Rdk4121 said:

Why do you think JaM is getting moved? 

Is it something you know or something you want to happen?

14 minutes ago, Father Pat said:

C'mon smitty, how often are guys that bounce around like he has a difference maker? Mo Speights played for the champs not that long ago and he just signed a deal to play in China. This might be hard for some to wrap their heads around, but not every player on a championship team is good player. On the contrary, playing with great players often makes a not-so-good player look better than he is because he has the worst defender on him, or no one at all.

Look, I think I'm realistic about it.  I agree with much of what  you're saying and I know he isn't going to move the needle very much.  I wouldn't say he is a bad player though, and he is a vet, and he can shoot.

I just wonder where this leaves us for an MLE signing and roster spot.  We will definitely need to trade or cut someone if we sign someone for the MLE now.

2 minutes ago, smit-tay griz said:

Look, I think I'm realistic about it.  I agree with much of what  you're saying and I know he isn't going to move the needle very much.  I wouldn't say he is a bad player though, and he is a vet, and he can shoot.

I just wonder where this leaves us for an MLE signing and roster spot.  We will definitely need to trade or cut someone if we sign someone for the MLE now.

I just find the F.O. very frustrating. The team is handcuffed to the corpse of Chandler Parsons, which is a big part of that, and I get it. But they can't sell us that everything is going to be OK because two of our best three players were injured and we should all believe that they will play at the level they once did. They won't. Conley maybe, but no way will Parsons be the player he once was, which was a brief moment anyway. They have hope in the new young guys, which is fine. They're just doing things half arsed. Casspi is another Wallace patch job. Things will not get turned around in just one season. Casspi will not be the reason for success. He would be a good signing for a good team, which we are not. This team is only getting better from the draft or trades. Enough with the signing of injured or broken down players that no other team wants. Bite the bullet, create trade assets by playing draft picks, and make deals.The cold hard reality is that the team is a couple years, at best, from truly competing so start building and stop patching.