Sign in to follow this  
Stu Podaso

Ron Tillery...

8 hours ago, Grizzled Vet said:

Yes, the owner is gone and GM somehow still has a job based on acquiring Zach and Marc, but the organization probably does as much charitable work as any pro franchise, not just with St Jude's, but with education, health, and communities.  The drafting may deplorable, but they really do quite a bit of good community works that probably don't help them on the bottom line or in attendance.

I think even the coaches they have hired have all felt some commitment to the community and wanted to make a positive impact.

I’m talking about basketball.

For me, all that is the equivalent of drug dealers giving out turkeys for the holidays. Lol.

Tillery was a big Heisley supporter and still is. To say he never supported the team just isn't true. It's not like his criticism of Pera is unwarranted. 

I've never been a fan of ron rons. never liked his style. he loves to drop a juicy detail in an article as some shared understood past fact. ie, as we all knew, conley never got along with so and so...

i also have never cared for his general knock against the team. he seems to have always had a grudge against the team. 

lastly, why not give us on-going updates on team. ie, conleys status/progress coming back from essentially a year off.? 

slim. 

Ron has been missing in action for the Draft, start of Free Agency and Summer League.  Three prime opportunities for him to snipe at Pera and the front office.  Chip mentioned that he tweeted that he was going on vacation but there's nothing in his timeline.  Maybe it was on another platform.  

10 hours ago, GrizzledGrizzFan said:

Ron has been missing in action for the Draft, start of Free Agency and Summer League.  Three prime opportunities for him to snipe at Pera and the front office.  Chip mentioned that he tweeted that he was going on vacation but there's nothing in his timeline.  Maybe it was on another platform.  

If he is on vacation it's a long vacation. Personally I think he is out of a job now but I have no proof of that. 

49 minutes ago, GrizzledGrizzFan said:

I think you're right Chip.  Of course the CA is in such a flux/under fire right now no telling what all is going on behind the scenes.

I hope I am not right. I hope he has a valid reason for not attending the games and when we find out what it is we will all feel bad about making some of these comments. 

7 hours ago, GrizzledGrizzFan said:

According to Jason Smith, it's his understanding that Ron's been dealing with some health issues.  Hope Ron's okay.

that is what I was going to post.  I heard the same thing today.  Apparently he has some health problems he needs to deal with.  Do hope he is fine. 

On 6/29/2018 at 10:56 PM, MemphisX said:

I’m talking about basketball.

For me, all that is the equivalent of drug dealers giving out turkeys for the holidays. Lol.

somewhat agree.  I do not feel CWallace deserves to keep his job because the Grizzlies are good in the community.  Grizz FO needs new blood, new thinking, someone new at the helm.   Wallace must truly be charmed to be able to maintain his job and salary with Heisley, a sneaky snake like Levien and now an absentee owner in Pera. He is a master of talking talking talking and saying absolutely nothing.   Grizz just need someone new.   CW is like a cat with ...9 errrrrr 12 lives, but all good things must come to an end.  He is doubling down on the only indentity that has been successful for the Grizz.   Hope it works but either way, its time CW

I think you're all assuming that CW is not fulfilling his job description to a T. I think he's doing exactly that and that's why he's keeping his job. The problem is what we expect him to do is not what his bosses expect him to do.

On 7/11/2018 at 2:16 AM, fanboyslim said:

I think you're all assuming that CW is not fulfilling his job description to a T. I think he's doing exactly that and that's why he's keeping his job. The problem is what we expect him to do is not what his bosses expect him to do.

iTA. He's doing exactly what they want him to do. 

Somewhere in the backside of my more nefarious mind, I do kind of wonder if this is a long term process to alienate fans from this team. 

On 7/10/2018 at 1:04 PM, GrizzledGrizzFan said:

According to Jason Smith, it's his understanding that Ron's been dealing with some health issues.  Hope Ron's okay.

I heard that yesterday as well. Wishing him a speedy recovery. 

Now closing in on two months since we've heard from Tillery. It's obviously pretty serious whatever's going on. Good luck Ron, wherever you are.

On ‎6‎/‎30‎/‎2018 at 4:44 PM, The_PROOF said:

Tillery was a big Heisley supporter and still is. To say he never supported the team just isn't true. It's not like his criticism of Pera is unwarranted. 

they were both Chicago guys.  

1 hour ago, Greater Memphis Grind said:

So....it's still been since June since he last tweeted.

Anyone know if Ron's ok? I do not care for his writing most of the time, but on a personal level I hope he's alright.

Chelsea Chandler, the weather girl and Eric Hasseltine's GF, says he is seriously ill. 

46 minutes ago, chipc3 said:

Chelsea Chandler, the weather girl and Eric Hasseltine's GF, says he is seriously ill. 

Hasseltine has a girlfriend?!?!?