BHZMAFIA

Jaren Jackson Jr's Floor/Ceiling

14 hours ago, smit-tay griz said:

Must bookmark this post for future reference.

Why? You know he's going to do a total backflip and later this afternoon label JJJ the prototypical NBA big of the future who will dominate at the 4/5 for decades to come. 

2 hours ago, Ole Dirty Klondike said:

Why? You know he's going to do a total backflip and later this afternoon label JJJ the prototypical NBA big of the future who will dominate at the 4/5 for decades to come. 

You're probably right.  :lol:

1 hour ago, guillermo said:

He's still young.. imagine if he grows a few more inches..

nice thought isn't it?

Embiid was the same size at jjjs age. He's still growing 

23 hours ago, Kevin B Moses said:

He's not a 5 and he never going to be. I don't know why people keep acting like he can be our center because he cant.

You may want to replace Marc Gasol with Jaren Jackson Jr, but that's a far cry as far as I'm concerned.

he won't even be a center when Marc is traded, it it'll be Deonte Davis more than likely.

Jaren Jackson Jr is a 3/4 not a 4/5.

No way he’s a 3. 

1 hour ago, GrizzTigerFan said:

I can see the logic in doing a 1yr deal for solid vets like Thabo or Affalo.

A trade of Jam+Ben for Courtney Lee can make sense.   

Or try to adding a young RFA that can be part of the future in guys like Hood or Smart.  

Most likely itll be DJ Stephens or some nonfactor fringe guy like that.

Get Troy Williams man, he is a role player at his best. With him, Dillon and Selden we have 3 wings for our future 10 man rotation.

1 hour ago, King Dork said:

Throw a 1+1 deal at Jabari Parker and see if he bites. 

Bucks will match but at least we should try.

1 hour ago, scooter said:

But he's still growing.

This is your best post thus far, by miles

35 minutes ago, smit-tay griz said:

Most positive at any rate.

You’re just cruising for some demerits, aren’t ya?

4 hours ago, King Dork said:

No way he’s a 3. 

First of all what has John Hollinger said about the reason why they drafted Jaren Jackson Jr.

First he said that he can guard one through four. He can switch and not get beat. And he can hit three-pointers and stretch the floor.

If you think it's ridiculous that he could be a three in the league then you just don't trust the reasons why John Hollinger drafted him in the first place, which is to guard people on the perimeter shoot threes in Block shots.

He's never going to be a center no matter how much people think he can be. He gets pushed around by threes and fours as it is.

His technique is good  he is just weak.

10 minutes ago, Kevin B Moses said:

First of all what has John Hollinger said about the reason why they drafted Jaren Jackson Jr.

First he said that he can guard one through four. He can switch and not get beat. And he can hit three-pointers and stretch the floor.

If you think it's ridiculous that he could be a three in the league then you just don't trust the reasons why John Hollinger drafted him in the first place, which is to guard people on the perimeter shoot threes in Block shots.

He's never going to be a center no matter how much people think he can be. He gets pushed around by threes and fours as it is.

A) John Hollinger drafted him from a spread sheet so no I don’t trust it. 

B ) a 3 is a wing so ball handling, shot creation and passing are involved. Once again not something you can deduce by looking at a spread sheet and sorry if I don’t believe he can develop it when I’ve never seen him do it. 

C) He can switch onto 3’s but he won’t be a primary defender on 3’s. 

2 minutes ago, King Dork said:

A) John Hollinger drafted him from a spread sheet so no I don’t trust it. 

B ) a 3 is a wing so ball handling, shot creation and passing are involved. Once again not something you can deduce by looking at a spread sheet and sorry if I don’t believe he can develop it when I’ve never seen him do it. 

C) He can switch onto 3’s but he won’t be a primary defender on 3’s. 

so porzingas,AD and draymond are 3's?

5 hours ago, Kevin B Moses said:

This is a concept called the small ball 5. See: Green, Draymond - who like JJJ is a traditional PF.

Size has little to do with physicality or toughness. I would say Nick Calathes was tougher than Hasheem Thabeet for example.

If JJJ can become more physical with age and plays tough he can defend 5s and create mismatches on both sides of the floor. That, however, is a pretty big "if".

I see JJJ growing another few inches. He has the frame to put on plenty of muscle without losing agility. He could definitely defend 5s down the road 

On the other side, if we can put Jarrell at the 3, then so could JJJ. Not saying he would be great, but it could happen. He already can put the ball on the floor some and could improve even more

8 hours ago, Kevin B Moses said:

Hollinger said that JJJ will ultimately be a  5.   He will slide over once Marc moves to a lesser role.     Due to his agility, athleticism, and defense he is able to play the 4 for now.   Those are the things Hollinger said.  

On 7/3/2018 at 11:36 AM, Coubs said:

This dude is like Durant and y’all are critiquing him. Maaaan. 

I actually see him becoming more of a Durant than a Garnett type of player from what we've seen in Summer League. 

17 minutes ago, chipc3 said:

I actually see him becoming more of a Durant than a Garnett type of player from what we've seen in Summer League. 

Just shooting mostly open catch and shoot threes? He will never sniff a Durant type off the dribble game.

1 minute ago, Dwash said:

Just shooting mostly open catch and shoot threes? He will never sniff a Durant type off the dribble game.

Very true. But with his range and seeming lack of desire to be a bull inside that may be the best the team can hope for. If he shoots and plays defense as good as Durant has become I will be pleased. 

13 minutes ago, chipc3 said:

Very true. But with his range and seeming lack of desire to be a bull inside that may be the best the team can hope for. If he shoots and plays defense as good as Durant has become I will be pleased. 

Wow, you've nailed this on his forehead after two summer league games.  I guess there's no chance for an 18 year old kid to grow, huh?