Thomas

Welcome Jevon Carter!

28 minutes ago, Adrenalize74 said:

I made an executive decision.  You're welcome.

?

On a side note, does anyone think Carter has the potential to be a pg version of TA?

5 hours ago, Subliminal said:

On a side note, does anyone think Carter has the potential to be a pg version of TA?

That's what I was thinking.

14 minutes ago, Grizball said:

image.thumb.png.e0c5251e39c6d2ce355abfab476d06e7.png

image.png.40959298c827df77a066316501377c42.png

I hope hes on the main roster all season 

I was hoping to get Patrick Beverly to Memphis so seeing this comparison is very encouraging. 

Haven’t had a chance to post for awhile. Been busy with training for work but I’m back (I’m a WV State Parole Officer) 

I am very elated for us to select Jevon Carter. I watched this guy play every single game he played for the Old Gold and Blue. His 4 years he worked his a$$ off to get where he is. There is no quit in him. He may not have all the athletic ability in the world but when he lacks in that he gains in heart. He was one of the most decorated players to have played for the legendary Bob Huggins. He is tough, gritty, smart, and competitive. He will work his way in this league and he is here to stay. Jevon has that coal miner West Virginian hard nose mentality. He is a guy you will all learn to love. He will not take a single possession off. Jevon Carter is Memphis. I am proud he played for WVU and how he will represent the State of WV. Memphis has gained 1.8 million new fans. 

1 minute ago, WVgrizz said:

Haven’t had a chance to post for awhile. Been busy with training for work but I’m back (I’m a WV State Parole Officer) 

I am very elated for us to select Jevon Carter. I watched this guy play every single game he played for the Old Gold and Blue. His 4 years he worked his a$$ off to get where he is. There is no quit in him. He may not have all the athletic ability in the world but when he lacks in that he gains in heart. He was one of the most decorated players to have played for the legendary Bob Huggins. He is tough, gritty, smart, and competitive. He will work his way in this league and he is here to stay. Jevon has that coal miner West Virginian hard nose mentality. He is a guy you will all learn to love. He will not take a single possession off. Jevon Carter is Memphis. I am proud he played for WVU and how he will represent the State of WV. Memphis has gained 1.8 million new fans. 

Yeah, I hope he brings that tough D to the big team.  Made a three today too, at least one anyway.  NBA.com's box score is so jacked up it didn't even list Carter, so I don't know any more than that.

welcome Jevon carter, I,m hoping you can start shooting better because if you cant you will be playing oversea 

there a reason he fell to the 2 round

15 hours ago, lions said:

welcome Jevon carter, I,m hoping you can start shooting better because if you cant you will be playing oversea 

Man, that dude simply cannot shoot hardly at all.  In the Detroit summer league game last night,  Carter seemed determined to get in on the 3 shooting party that both teams were doing and his shots were painful to watch.   One time he simply missed the whole rim .  Several  times it was a really hard clang.  Now when  he went in the lane and put up a short/midrange shot, he conneted on a couple, but my Lord, when he starts firing from way down town, better hide the women and children cause its going to be dangerous with all the bad misses and unexpected bounces.

But we didnt draft him for his shot.  He seems focused and plays tough defense (at least as tough as possible in these SL games.)  Im hoping he can be a key cog in the return of GnG 2.0 with his tough defense wreaking havoc maybe, hopefully like TA used to do. We will just see if he can evolve into something like that.  Those are huge shoes to fill and TA had a couple inches heightwise on him.                                                                                                                                                                

I hope he learns from a lot of defensive first players that hitting that 3-ball from the corners and top of the key will keep him in the league a lot longer.

Tony would still be in the league if he had just developed a reliable corner 3.

2 hours ago, MemphisX said:

I think the clock has struck 12 on Shelvin Mack and it might be time to give some minutes to a Carter.

i just wish Carter was a wee bit bigger because it will be more difficult to play him alongside Conley.  But yea i think its time for JB to give him a look.  

I feel like we could use him right now. Conley is looking really tired at the end of games, and if we could get 7-9 solid minutes out of carter that could really help us save conley for the end of games. 

of course if Shelvin gets hot again, all bets are off