Grizzled Vet

Vegas Summer League

On 7/17/2018 at 7:21 PM, Allen said:

Not sure what player you watched last year but Harrison has turned himself into one of the best backup pg in the league. I expect him to be even better going forward 

???

What up Shelvin Mack

17 hours ago, Allen said:

That’s not how stats work. He doesn’t play enough minutes to think of it the way your thinking of it.

Harrisons biggest strength is being a 6’5 pg. When he plays downhill he can cause issues for defenses

And there's a reason why he doesn't play enough minutes and that's why i think of it that way. I'm really not trying to debate the relevance of advanced stats but at the end of the day the only stat that matters is outscoring your opponent because that's how you collect wins. You can twist stats to prove any point you want and i see no reason to use advanced stats on tertiary players like Harrison. It's not telling the whole story. 

It’s not twisting stats.

Just because he doesn’t average more than 3 ft per game in 23 minutes doesn’t mean he isn’t good at putting pressure on the defense and getting to the free throw line. That is one of the few things he excels at

1 hour ago, fanboyslim said:

How is the number of received fouls per possession an “advanced” stat? It’s as straightforward as it gets.

I think you just made people pause when you threw out thr Chris Paul and Harden comparisons. Even drawing fouls at the same rate, you wont change how you guard Harrison when he gets a few fouls drawn. You just back off and let him shoot. The impact isnt even close to the same.

I was happy to see jjj was 2 team summer league 

11 hours ago, Dwash said:

I think you just made people pause when you threw out thr Chris Paul and Harden comparisons. Even drawing fouls at the same rate, you wont change how you guard Harrison when he gets a few fouls drawn. You just back off and let him shoot. The impact isnt even close to the same.

Yes, of course, and I said as much in my post. The comparison was international because those are examples of players that get fouled a lot in everyone’s mind, and the fact that Harrison gets fouled at even a comparable rate should say something. 

But even ignoring the stats I wonder if people have actually been watching the same games as I. Almost from day one, at the same time we were all complaining about Harrison’s awful shooting and ball pounding, the consensus among those watching the games was that drawing fouls was his one undeniable NBA skill. 

Been watching some JJJ videos from SL. We really have someone special. 

On 7/22/2018 at 12:42 AM, fanboyslim said:

Yes, of course, and I said as much in my post. The comparison was international because those are examples of players that get fouled a lot in everyone’s mind, and the fact that Harrison gets fouled at even a comparable rate should say something. 

But even ignoring the stats I wonder if people have actually been watching the same games as I. Almost from day one, at the same time we were all complaining about Harrison’s awful shooting and ball pounding, the consensus among those watching the games was that drawing fouls was his one undeniable NBA skill. 

Harrison is a lot better than people think he is, or want to believe.

I don't know why people have it in for him but they just do. Kind of like they soured on Marc Gasol. Marc has so many more skills than just about any Center in the league but people can't stand him and want to get rid of him.

Hell Cleveland just gave Kevin Love a hundred and twenty million over 4 years. Who would you honestly rather have Kevin Love or Marc Gasol at that price.

18 hours ago, grizzgolf said:

Been watching some JJJ videos from SL. We really have someone special. 

I believe so. I also believe this draft class will be looked as one of the best ever

16 hours ago, LuvThem Grizzlies said:

That's not good for a 4 pick.

how about the the number 1 pick 

3 hours ago, LuvThem Grizzlies said:

Did the Grizz get him 2? What about Carter, he make the 1st team?

You're putting way too much stock in summer league.  Did you watch any of the summer league games?