Kevin B Moses

Use Michael Porter jr as bait

52 minutes ago, Thomas said:

Yeah man I've been vegan for almost half a decade. My endurance, recovery time, and energy level have increased dramatically since I first went vegan. Have also had no issue putting on muscle either, though I don't do serious lifting anymore. One reason guys like Derrick Rose are always getting injured in the NBA is that they eat complete junk, while guys like Vince Carter are still relevant in their 40s because they are obsessed with proper nutrition.

Porter was raised to be health conscious and now he's going to take it a step further in the NBA. That is a huge plus in my book. He's got the right mindset to be great. I'm all in on him unless Bagley or Doncic falls to us.

I agree.  I know an athlete in his mid 30's thats vegan. No longer getting paid to play but he played D1 and a little professionally. He is in out of this world shape with crazy endurance. And is ripped without even lifting heavy weights, just resistance.

6 hours ago, Kevin B Moses said:

If porter was SOOOO confident about his injury he'd go back for his sophmore year and show people he's not damaged goods.

But good luck on that.

He really was quite craptacular in the games he did play late in the season.  He would not have dominated in a mediocre mid-major game.

But let Sac think he's the next Jordan without risk.  Fine by me.  I hope they draft him.

4 minutes ago, bhoyal said:

He really was quite craptacular in the games he did play late in the season.  He would not have dominated in a mediocre mid-major game.

But let Sac think he's the next Jordan without risk.  Fine by me.  I hope they draft him.

He wasnt healthy. He could barely dunk. Go look at his hs tapes and you can clearly see the explosion wasnt there.

1 hour ago, Dwash said:

He wasnt healthy. He could barely dunk. Go look at his hs tapes and you can clearly see the explosion wasnt there.

It amazes me that people are judging this guy based on 2 games where he came back like a month early from recovering (or maybe even more than that). He was clearly still recovering, clearly still rusty and trying to get back into the flow of things. He probably forced things. He should not have come back actually although I had a feeling he would play last season. He is 2 months removed from that and even more recovered. I'll wait until the combine and tryouts before assessing him. 

Porter,Young, Bamba. Bamba has the most Unicorn potential.Young and porter also have all star potential. im just not sure Bamba can become that player on our team.

I would actually take Bamba with the 4th and then trade him to the Mavs if they had any assets worth acquiring. They want him badly but I wouldn't want anyone on their roster. I'm still not a believer in Barnes especially not at what they are paying him and Mathews is over the hill and going down in his career. They have a ton of cap space though and hey, they just may be crazy enough to take on Parsons contract so that they can tank again next year and get 3 straight lottery picks 

have no idea if we would draft him, but if he looks super in workouts and docs say he is good...

this kid could very well be the diamond of the draft. embiid would have certainly been the 1 pick in '14 if not for the major injuries.

he dropped to #3..

this guy could be that same type of scenario for us- (with porter being healthy from the start though)..

I believe he was the #1 player in the country coming out of high school.

slim.

7 minutes ago, memphis slim said:

have no idea if we would draft him, but if he looks super in workouts and docs say he is good...

this kid could very well be the diamond of the draft. embiid would have certainly been the 1 pick in '14 if not for the major injuries.

he dropped to #3..

this guy could be that same type of scenario for us- (with porter being healthy from the start though)..

slim.

Bagley took his spot when he reclassified

I don't think Bamba is a good fit for us. 

34 minutes ago, grizzgolf said:

I don't think Bamba is a good fit for us. 

yea not with Marc still around and if he has issues with whether or not h really wants to play sitting behind Marc for 2yrs isnt going to help that

13 hours ago, memphis slim said:

he dropped to #3..

slim.

Using his injury as a indicator of his eventual greatness. Lol.

Bamba gets dinged because he plays great defense as an indicator that he is a bust. But Porter jr's injury is now a strength of his. It actually makes him more draftable.

The more I think about it, I'm pretty sure the Grizzlies won't draft anyone that would be a direct competitor to Marc or Mike. They are fully committed to those guys and aren't going to rock the boat. That leaves out Young, Sexton, Carter, and Bamba. This is why I think the Grizzlies were banking on getting a higher pick since Doncic and Bagley are positional needs. But now, I think it's Porter and JJJ that fit the need most in that order assuming Bagley is gone by 4.

Now with that thought process, it really scares me that Wallace thinks trading the pick for a vet is the direction he is leaning if Bagley and Doncic are truly gone by 4. I think those were the guys they wanted.

Not saying it is the right thing to do, just has Wallace and Grizzlies vibes.

35 minutes ago, Kevin B Moses said:

Using his injury as a indicator of his eventual greatness. Lol.

Bamba gets dinged because he plays great defense as an indicator that he is a bust. But Porter jr's injury is now a strength of his. It actually makes him more draftable.

we should build you a sandbox in the backyard to play in. more your speed.

reading is not your 'go to'..

slim.

First of all, we can't make a "knee jerk reaction to our draft pick" as the draft is over a month away.  Doesn't matter your opinion of Wallace, I'm sure he hasn't already made up his mind and will just sit around and wait for June 21st to come.

2nd of all, how did Joel Embiid work out for the 6ers?  Pretty well.

This is a dumb take.  None of us know who is going to be a superstar from this draft.   It's fine to have opinions, I have mine too, but doesn't mean if we take someone who I don't want that it's automatically a failure.

6 hours ago, New_Sacred_Cow said:

The more I think about it, I'm pretty sure the Grizzlies won't draft anyone that would be a direct competitor to Marc or Mike. They are fully committed to those guys and aren't going to rock the boat. That leaves out Young, Sexton, Carter, and Bamba. This is why I think the Grizzlies were banking on getting a higher pick since Doncic and Bagley are positional needs. But now, I think it's Porter and JJJ that fit the need most in that order assuming Bagley is gone by 4.

Now with that thought process, it really scares me that Wallace thinks trading the pick for a vet is the direction he is leaning if Bagley and Doncic are truly gone by 4. I think those were the guys they wanted.

Not saying it is the right thing to do, just has Wallace and Grizzlies vibes.

If "fit" really matters that much then Mikal Bridges could actually be a better fit.  Can play the small forward spot as a 3 and D wing with solid length and hops.  A hedge if Tyreke bolts.  If Tyreke stays then I like our perimeter rotation -- and we could bring Dillon Brooks off the bench as our super sub.  Heck, Conley isn't even 100% yet so maybe we start the year with Tyreke, Brooks, AND Mikal Bridges on the perimeter -- I know, I know, too much scoring, shooting, and length for our franchise but still.

If the pick is either JJJ or Porter (I even think that Bamba could go 3 to the Hawks with Luka maybe saying that he really, really, really doesn't want to come to Memphis), then I trade down to 5 with the Mavs and get other assets then chose between the leftover of JJJ or Porter (neither guy really does it for me, but if Bamba is gone, and if Chris Wallace doesn't know who Mikal Bridges or Collin Sexton are then I would be ok with either guy at 5.