• Marvin Bagley
    • Mohamed Bamba
    • Wendell Carter
    • Luka Doncic
    • Jaren Jackson Jr.
    • Michael Porter Jr.
    • Trae Young
    • Trade the **** thing

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 06/21/2018 at 11:00 PM

I was originally one of the 19 Bags voters, but the more we saw of JJJ and heard his interviews...

I'm saying... ALL THE WAY WITH JJJ ! ! 

Provided no serious injury issues... a great pick.  Will be the future of the franchise.  Looking forward to watching him for years.

I was one of the Wendell Carter votes. Still would take him over Jackson. However, I am loving what I saw from Jackson and can't wait for me to say I was wrong.

I didn't vote... wasn't sure if the vote was for who we wanted or who we thought the Grizzlies would draft.

But I can honestly say I wanted Doncic, but was worried that we would take Jackson.

I'm pleased with the way things worked out.

I voted that we would draft JJJ, not because that's who I wanted but because that's who I thought they would take.

We shoulda done a poll for the 2nd round too.  Well, maybe next year -- especially since we might not have our first rounder next year.

Still wish we had the Donk but JJJ is a nice consolation. 

Also, thank god we didn't really want MPJ that bad. Guess his back really was fked. 

On 7/19/2018 at 5:03 PM, Zappastache said:

Still wish we had the Donk but JJJ is a nice consolation. 

Also, thank god we didn't really want MPJ that bad. Guess his back really was fked. 

Nba fans will fall in love with Doncic, he will have Ben Simmons like impact. But Im really happy with 3Js, he will take the league for himself as one of the main guys in 5-7 years.

I loved Luka when I first "discovered" him. However, the more I watched the less I liked. I think he will be a decent player...but not top 5 draft pick worthy.

Om draft night I really wanted mpj,  but after watching him plummet I realized jjj was the best available.  Before summer league I had come to terms with it,  after watching him I realized why he had so much hype surrounding him.  I think him and Brooks are the future 

After some preseason games looks like we got the 3rd or 4th best player in the draft. Ayton is a monster like I said, Doncic is super skilled, then is between 3Js and Bagley. I still believe Young will be a major force on O end when he adjusts. Miles Bridges and Knox are the other players that look potential stars. Carter is solid too. 

2018 looks like a great draft class 

I’m all in on the #13 train. 

The more I watch him ... the more I come away impressed.

The kid isn’t even old enough to buy a beer ... AND he has a father (with a RING) who knows what it takes to make it in the league as well as point out some of the pitfalls/ traps that are out there specifically targeting young millionaires.

I can’t picture him riding dirty or being out here clowning. 

I’m excited to watch him develop . 

And as for the fouls :

pre-season

rooks don’t  get calls

lotta his ‘fouls’ were for being aggressive... not for reaching... he moves really smooth for a 6’ 11’” guy.

On 10/5/2018 at 10:42 PM, Once_a_hater said:

After some preseason games looks like we got the 3rd or 4th best player in the draft. Ayton is a monster like I said, Doncic is super skilled, then is between 3Js and Bagley. I still believe Young will be a major force on O end when he adjusts. Miles Bridges and Knox are the other players that look potential stars. Carter is solid too. 

2018 looks like a great draft class 

Let me correct myself its

Yuta😂

Ayton

Doncic

JJJ

Bagley

Miles Bridges 

Young

Knox

Carter

On 5/16/2018 at 12:49 AM, MemphisX said:

Who do I want us to pick?

Trae Young

Man o man....I love JJJ though.

1 hour ago, MemphisX said:

I am good with JJJ.  His proven defense and (much higher than i thought) potential on offense are the deciding factors for me.   He has legit "Da Brow" type of potential.    

2 hours ago, MemphisX said:

Me and you still on the same page. Boy lit it up last night and dropped dimes. 

I’m good with JJJ too but dang man. 

This may may be one of the best draft classes in the last decade. Trae, Luka, and JJJ are doing well. 

1 hour ago, Memphis Maverick said:

Me and you still on the same page. Boy lit it up last night and dropped dimes. 

I’m good with JJJ too but dang man. 

This may may be one of the best draft classes in the last decade. Trae, Luka, and JJJ are doing well. 

Might be the best draft since 03.

1 hour ago, GrizzTigerFan said:

I am good with JJJ.  His proven defense and (much higher than i thought) potential on offense are the deciding factors for me.   He has legit "Da Brow" type of potential.    

He isn't quite the athlete as AD, but he is super skilled already. More KG/ Chris Bosh imo, but still looks like he will be star. 

3 minutes ago, Rdk4121 said:

He isn't quite the athlete as AD, but he is super skilled already. More KG/ Chris Bosh imo, but still looks like he will be star. 

I can see that and i'll take there ceiling in a heartbeat!

1 hour ago, memphis slim said:

that left handed dart pass to the base-line cutter impressed me more than anything.

this kid is special.

slim.

You do realize he is naturally left handed right? What you are really saying is that you were impressed with his bounce pass to the cutter which is a basic play in basketball. 😉

no, actually I can speak for myself.

the vision on that particular play showed much bball iq and understanding.

I was impressed by the fact that the kid even saw the pass...not only did he see it, he hit the player in stride..

and...it wasn't a bounce pass.

slim.

6 hours ago, Rdk4121 said:

You might work '09 in there too.  Curry, Westbrook, and Harden all got MVPs I think, not to mention All-Star Blake Griffin and let's not forget "His Presence"....     ...uhhh, well maybe not that one.  But, yeah, I get what you're saying.  This class may be on the same level as those.

I'm very happy we selected JJJ.  He really is looking like he might be the franchise player this team has needed.

2 hours ago, chipc3 said:

You do realize he is naturally left handed right? What you are really saying is that you were impressed with his bounce pass to the cutter which is a basic play in basketball. 😉

Basketball Reference says he's a righty, shooting at least.  If he's a lefty why would he shoot right handed?

https://www.basketball-reference.com/players/j/jacksja02.html