• Marvin Bagley
    • Mohamed Bamba
    • Wendell Carter
    • Luka Doncic
    • Jaren Jackson Jr.
    • Michael Porter Jr.
    • Trae Young
    • Trade the **** thing

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 06/21/2018 at 11:00 PM

Well we know where we're picking. We know who'll pick ahead of us. Whose it gonna be?

If you ask me I feel much more comfortable drafting MPJ at 4 than I did using a top 3 pick. It's his to lose imo. If he wasn't injured he'd be the consensus #1 across all mock drafts guarantee. High level talent, potential superstar capability, fits a need. It's all there. It's just his injury that made it iffy. But at 4 it wouldn't be so bad if he was the pick.

I'd go Jaren Jackson Jr. because he can both fit the team now and has solid long-term potential.

MPJ's injury just scares the crap out of me. I'd be fine with Bamba as well.

Who do I think they will take? JJJ. 

Who do I want them to take?

1. Bamba- He's actually probably the best fit besides Marc out of all of the big men, but Marc will only be around another 3 maybe 4 years so that really shouldn't be the criteria. Always good to have an active big who's good on d. 

2. Porter- If he's fine in workouts, could still be the best player in this draft if relatively healthy but the back will catch up with him. Having a 6'10" athletic small forward could be a game changer for us and I could see Brooks being a "3 and d" along side him. just don't know about that back

3. Trade it- These are second tier picks now. I'm fine with trading down for 2 picks or getting a player and pick for next year or something. 

I feel them drafting Porter Jr, but Young should be really considered here. He is not a player for the next year, but in 3/4 years with the right players and drafted guys around him I see he could be some Lillard/Curry. I would pick him

I'm glad that the grizzlies didn't get the first pick in the draft. I am bummed that we don't get Luka Doncic. But I'm stoked that we avoid Deandre Ayton.

My only concern now is that Bagley drops and we take him over Mo Bamba or JJJ. Both of them I like better.

I would love for the grizzlies to make a trade with the clippers, because I like a lot of players lower in the draft.

I also hope that the grizzlies, if they stay at four, that they give Shai Alexander a real good look.

The grizzlies are still fine guys, other than losing Doncic, there is nothing that bad about the 4th pick this year.

1 minute ago, Kevin B Moses said:

I'm glad that the grizzlies didn't get the first pick in the draft. I am bummed that we don't get Luka Doncic. But I'm stoked that we avoid Deandre Ayton.

My only concern now is that Bagley drops and we take him over Mo Bamba or JJJ. Both of them I like better.

I would love for the grizzlies to make a trade with the clippers, because I like a lot of players lower in the draft.

I also hope that the grizzlies, if they stay at four, that they give Shai Alexander a real good look.

The grizzlies are still fine guys, other than losing Doncic, there is nothing that bad about the 4th pick this year.

6 minutes ago, Zukkoyaki said:

I like your outlook, expect I would love Bagley 

I want Bamba but I have a feeling they go with Wendall Carter. He’s a safe pick

Michael Porter Jr. is the pick, Hands down.  Too much talent to pass up, think Joel Embiid for the Sixers. JJJ will be a role player Inbaka type but Porter could turn out to be the best in the draft. 

1 minute ago, King Dork said:

Michael Porter Jr. is the pick, Hands down.  Too much talent to pass up, think Joel Embiid for the Sixers. JJJ will be a role player Inbaka type but Porter could turn out to be the best in the draft. 

I see the Embiid thing here, if he is healthy has the chance to be the best player or the second best to tell the truth

5 minutes ago, Allen said:

I want Bamba but I have a feeling they go with Wendall Carter. He’s a safe pick

Yeah but I don’t really want a base hit ... looking for a homer. 

To me safe = glue guys .

We need a superstar 

If Porter is healthy he's not going to be there at 4 they would have to promise him without checking his medicals only way to keep other teams from finding out if he's healthy and I'm not even sure they can do that....at 4 I'd take a chance on Bamba and get off of DD 

Any chance the Hawks would consider this

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=y8g7f8zr

Grizzlies give the 4th and get 3rd and 16th

Maybe if they want Porter they could do this deal. Draft Bagley and mold him into a Center.

MC/Harrison

Dillon/Selden/Marshon/Bazemore

Prince/Parsons

Jam/Martin/Rabb

Bagley/DD

+ best players available at 30th and 32nd.

Just thinking;   I like Porter and Young as much as Bagley or even more, just believe that we are stuck in the middle of things, holping to compete and not getting the rebuild process to start, that is a move in the rebuilding direction

Gotta role the dice with Porter. Not trying to watch JJJ average 8 ppg next year.

8 minutes ago, Ndq0327 said:

If Porter is healthy he's not going to be there at 4 they would have to promise him without checking his medicals only way to keep other teams from finding out if he's healthy and I'm not even sure they can do that....at 4 I'd take a chance on Bamba and get off of DD 

If he’s healthy then that’s fine, we’ll take Bagley.

Bamba can't play next to marc don't think he can keep up with smaller 4's that's more of a Jackson Porter Bagley thing

18 minutes ago, 10SC-2-TOKYO said:

Yeah but I don’t really want a base hit ... looking for a homer. 

To me safe = glue guys .

We need a superstar 

Wallace will play it safe for job security 

2 minutes ago, Ndq0327 said:

Bamba can't play next to marc don't think he can keep up with smaller 4's that's more of a Jackson Porter Bagley thing

they could play an hybrid zone...let the wings guard the perimeter and bamba and gasol would be our rim protectors...there is some much defensive potential with gasol/bamba that is crazy

My dream would be to trade the pick to the clippers and let them take Mo Bamba, and the grizzlies can get some length through 2/3/4. Lonnie Walker and Kevin Knox would be a helluva haul in this draft.