Memphis Maverick

2019 NBA DRAFT

5 hours ago, TimBC said:

Heh, heh. I apologize in advance. Just wondering how people can learn all about the top 300 entrants ... 

Not by googling Buddhist Temples.

5 hours ago, TimBC said:

Heh, heh. I apologize in advance. Just wondering how people can learn all about the top 300 entrants ... 

Is this a DARE? 

Shall I post a 10 round big board mock draft with 31 tiers?

I just read an article about him at The Stepien dot com and watched a quick 3 minute YouTube video on him and that's about it as far as my research has gone so far, but Jaylen Nowell out of Washington looks good.  A 6'4 shooting guard who could be a good fit next to Ja Morant.  He's a late second round type now, but I will do more research, could be a good one.  Kinda reminds me of Harden a bit.

We should take a risk a force our way to get a 2nd pick and draft Reddish (Suns or Bulls trade),  the guy has all the tools, is just his mental.

Look, even if we get our star guard in Ja and already having our unicorn big in Jaren, we better find that 3rd piece, that elite wing. I hope we get Jaylen Brown next FA, and I think he is the closest thing to a star we can get, but we should also dont count on a big splash throw FA, the best way to get elite talent is throw draft.

Make the MC trade and get that Suns pick.

I like Reddish, but he is probably still a top 8 pick. Not sure if the Grizzlies can get a top 8 by trading Conley. LAL's #4 would probably go to NOP, and I don't think CHI and PHO will trade their pick.

6 hours ago, Grizball said:

I like Reddish, but he is probably still a top 8 pick. Not sure if the Grizzlies can get a top 8 by trading Conley. LAL's #4 would probably go to NOP, and I don't think CHI and PHO will trade their pick.

I think we have a chance with Phoenix, MC + Rabb + Dillon for #6 + Jackson + Johnson looks like a deal. They need some veteran presence, and they might be in Anthony Davis territory soon with Booker. 

They are already so young, they dont need that #6, special if they start winning. They would easy sign a pg to take MC place when the time is up, if the trio of Booker/Oubre/Ayton devolop the right way.

Ja and. Nickiel Alexander-Walker is the perfect duo NAW is the only other wing outside of Coby White in the first round that can shoot and play make.

Kevin Porter seems like an iso scorer as does Langford Herro is a shooter, Keldon Johnson is a 3-D role player. Nassir is an athletic raw wing, and Talen Horton-Tucker is a mystery which means he's probably going to be very good  or a complete bust.

I think NAW is the perfect compliment on the wing next to JA cause he can spot up or help with the playmaking the Grizz would have a Dame Lillard CJ McCollum style backcourt except with bigger guards and Jaren and Dillon.

46 minutes ago, Ndq0327 said:

Ja and. Nickiel Alexander-Walker is the perfect duo NAW is the only other wing outside of Coby White in the first round that can shoot and play make.

Kevin Porter seems like an iso scorer as does Langford Herro is a shooter, Keldon Johnson is a 3-D role player. Nassir is an athletic raw wing, and Talen Horton-Tucker is a mystery which means he's probably going to be very good  or a complete bust.

I think NAW is the perfect compliment on the wing next to JA cause he can spot up or help with the playmaking the Grizz would have a Dame Lillard CJ McCollum style backcourt except with bigger guards and Jaren and Dillon.

Agree

https://www.theringer.com/nba/2019/6/14/18679091/kawhi-leonard-nba-finals-raptors-lebron-james-kevin-durant

This article makes me want to draft Rui Hachimura.  

The Raptors are NBA champions because he is the type of top-five player that has become key to winning a title: a supersized combo forward.    Kawhi (6-foot-7 and 230 pounds) isn’t as big as LeBron (6-foot-8 and 250 pounds), or as long as Durant (7 feet and 240 pounds), but he’s the densest of the three. There are only a handful of players who can guard any of them. Iguodala is one, which is why he is the only player in the 2010s who broke into their exclusive club. The rule of thumb for almost the entire decade was that the Finals MVP went either to LeBron or to the player who guarded him in the series. Now it may go only to the guy who best plays LeBron’s position.    Supersized combo forwards are nuclear weapons who even the odds in any series. What the Warriors have done over the past five seasons is proof. They were one of the greatest teams in NBA history before they signed Durant, winning a record 73 games in the 2015-16 regular season. But they still had one weak point: matching up with Durant and LeBron. 

Rui is 6'8' 230lb w/7'2 wingspan.  Celtics may already be hoping he falls to them at #14.   https://www.nbcsports.com/boston/celtics/celtics-first-round-options-nba-draft-gonzaga-forward-rui-hachimura

And what most teams love most about him is he’s a high-energy player whose effort — particularly when it comes to crashing the glass — is not an issue. 

“Relentless” is how one Western Conference scout described Hachimura when it comes to rebounding before adding, “guys like him with his skills ... that's the future of the NBA.”

11 minutes ago, GrizzTigerFan said:

https://www.theringer.com/nba/2019/6/14/18679091/kawhi-leonard-nba-finals-raptors-lebron-james-kevin-durant

The Raptors are NBA champions because he is the type of top-five player that has become key to winning a title: a supersized combo forward.    Kawhi (6-foot-7 and 230 pounds) isn’t as big as LeBron (6-foot-8 and 250 pounds), or as long as Durant (7 feet and 240 pounds), but he’s the densest of the three. There are only a handful of players who can guard any of them. Iguodala is one, which is why he is the only player in the 2010s who broke into their exclusive club. The rule of thumb for almost the entire decade was that the Finals MVP went either to LeBron or to the player who guarded him in the series. Now it may go only to the guy who best plays LeBron’s position.    Supersized combo forwards are nuclear weapons who even the odds in any series. What the Warriors have done over the past five seasons is proof. They were one of the greatest teams in NBA history before they signed Durant, winning a record 73 games in the 2015-16 regular season. But they still had one weak point: matching up with Durant and LeBron. 

Rui is 6'8' 230lb w/7'2 wingspan.  Celtics may already be hoping he falls to them at #14.   https://www.nbcsports.com/boston/celtics/celtics-first-round-options-nba-draft-gonzaga-forward-rui-hachimura

And what most teams love most about him is he’s a high-energy player whose effort — particularly when it comes to crashing the glass — is not an issue. 

“Relentless” is how one Western Conference scout described Hachimura when it comes to rebounding before adding, “guys like him with his skills ... that's the future of the NBA.”

Im saying that for a long time, if we are commited to a rebuild and we trade Conley, for a late lottery pick, its Rui Hachimura or Nassir Little. I prefer Hachimura. If we get a top pick its Reddish or Culver. 

Also I have to point that having Yuta and Hachimura would make a country to cheer for the Grizzlies 

12 minutes ago, GrizzTigerFan said:

I like both the Gonzaga guys; I'd be very happy with us getting either of them. For those unfamiliar with Clarke, this is a good read: https://www.thestepien.com/2019/06/13/uniqueness-brandon-clarke/

Just now, Once_a_hater said:

Im saying that for a long time, if we are commited to a rebuild and we trade Conley, for a late lottery pick, its Rui Hachimura or Nassir Little. I prefer Hachimura. If we get a top pick its Reddish or Culver. 

Also I have to point that having Yuta and Hachimura would make a country to cheer for the Grizzlies 

True you were spot on. 

39 minutes ago, ACGrizz said:

I like both the Gonzaga guys; I'd be very happy with us getting either of them. For those unfamiliar with Clarke, this is a good read: https://www.thestepien.com/2019/06/13/uniqueness-brandon-clarke/

Clarke's game won't work in the NBA he's too small weight wise. He can get you junk points for sure and be good in transition but if he can't shoot he's not getting looks on the block in the league. Rui is the better of the two by a mile I have no idea why he's so high other than his production in college but the way he plays I don't see it being affective against nba bigs.

44 minutes ago, GrizzTigerFan said:

True you were spot on. 

One thing that the article pointed that we should consider, is that Hachimura is a modern 4. And a good effort rebounder one. If Jaren devolop into a full time Center aka Capela, him and Rui could be a lethal frontcourt. Special in a run and gun systemn that seems to be the case drafting Ja at #2. 

Like I said, if we are commited to the long road to the sucess, trade MC for that extra pick to get Hachimura.

1 hour ago, GrizzTigerFan said:

Grizz get 14 Rui should be the guy if Jenkins had any involvement in Giannis development then give him Rui and see if he can do it again

I would hate to give up the opportunity of getting NAW to pair with Jaren but Rui looks like the guy people pushed down the board and ends up a superstar. He already will have the following

1 hour ago, ACGrizz said:

Hachimura will be the better player, his weakness defense and shooting can be fixed in time. Clark will become  a role player, a starter at best. I predict Rui has star potential, if he devolop his D, I see a scoring Draymond Green 2.0. We will be a wing away (Jaylen Brown) from a title run. 

3 hours ago, Ndq0327 said:

I would hate to give up the opportunity of getting NAW to pair with Jaren but Rui looks like the guy people pushed down the board and ends up a superstar. He already will have the following

3 hours ago, Once_a_hater said:

Hachimura will be the better player, his weakness defense and shooting can be fixed in time. Clark will become  a role player, a starter at best. I predict Rui has star potential, if he devolop his D, I see a scoring Draymond Green 2.0. We will be a wing away (Jaylen Brown) from a title run. 

yea looking at Rui the most exciting thing to me is that he has the quickness to play the 3 too.   He also (like Ja) has developed very quickly in a short amount of time.   Which shows me that he is willing to put in the work.   I want to add guys that have high motor, good character and physical profile to develop into something special.     

I see him more in the line of Pascal or Tobias.   If he learns how to play Defense his ceiling becomes higher than both of them.   Either way it goes he fits well in a Bucks or Hawks type offensive system.    Looks like a great fit with Ja and Jaren. 

Yea there is alot of noise on the Rui to Minnesota thing if he's still there

If we end up getting another pick the players I'm interested in are Hunter, Culver, Hachimura, Doumbouya, Herro, Alexander-Walker, Gafford, Bitadze, and Kabengele.

46 minutes ago, Ethan7 said:

If we end up getting another pick the players I'm interested in are Hunter, Culver, Hachimura, Doumbouya, Herro, Alexander-Walker, Gafford, Bitadze, and Kabengele.

Right now

Culver or RJ (in case we get #4 somehow)

Reddish 

Hachimura 

Little 

Sekou  

Bitadze 

Fernando 

I was interested in Garland too, but we cant pick him and Ja. And I didnt watch Walker film yet, and Claxton either. I will see if they make this list soon enought. 

As 2nd rounds, if we buy any, those are the guys:

Porter

Guy

Thybulle

Edwards (but we already have Carter)

Fall

8 hours ago, Ndq0327 said:

Yea there is alot of noise on the Rui to Minnesota thing if he's still there

I really hope this is not true, because if we get the #6 or #7, its Reddish and get any other pick, if not the Wolves one, we wont get him.

Maybe we do a 3 team trade with Suns/us/Hawks so we get #10 and draft Hachimura, Suns get Conley and move down to #17 and Hawks get Reddish.

Thank y’all for confirming my love for Hachi. They’re mocking this guy in the late lottery or mid first - how?

If we can’t get our pick back from Boston in a Conley deal, I hope we can find a way to come out of this draft with Rui or Reddish.

Bol, Jaren, Bruno would be an interesting front line.

Sekou and Claxton would also fit nicely on our freakishly long (and versatile) front line.  

If we go with a wing from a Conley trade I want a guy who can just plain knock down shots.  So, maybe Windler or Herro.  Coby White or NAW would be solid too, since both are basically combo guards.  

And, at some point in the draft, DeAndre Hunter becomes a great value (probably outside the top 5 or 6).  Then you just draft him and let the coaching staff figure it out -- you probably move Jaren down to the 5, Bruno to the 4, and Hunter to the 3.  OR, you stick with Jaren/Jonas inside with Bruno off the bench and Hunter as your primary wing.  Sekou, Claxton, and Bol have more upside but Hunter has a higher "floor".