Memphis Maverick

2019 NBA DRAFT

1 minute ago, ALT GRIND said:

Herro and Windler are good shooters. Little/Reddish/Thybulle give you defense and length with some potential on offense. I think Reddish is closer to these guys than Zion/Ja.  KPJ, Bazley, Nic Claxton are a few other guys worth looking into.  

With Jaren and Bruno (and at least a couple of centers on the roster and probably Rabb too) I don't see why we would need Rui.  

Romeo Langford kinda reminds me of Dillon Brooks. Not sure we need TWO of that archetype.  

With Bol Bol being a boom/bust guy but worth a look outside the top 15.  

I don't see Sekou Doumbouya being there past 10.  Probably a pick in the 5-8 range although I guess he could go higher. He looked good in his pro day.

If we wanna play "outside the box" with TWO guards who can pass and get to the basket at will then we should also look at Jalen Lecque.

If Rui makes it in the NBA I think he will be a scorer.  He's no role player, he's a bucket getter.  He may at least be a scoring threat for your bench unit.  He seems to have decent footwork and a decent shot and he's aggressive offensively.

6 minutes ago, smit-tay griz said:

He seems fairly athletic for a big too.  Shot the three ball okay in college.  I think he has some potential.

I really like him definitely would have like to get him if we got a pick in the 20's but if he's jumped up to the lottery I think that's too high

3 minutes ago, smit-tay griz said:

If Rui makes it in the NBA I think he will be a scorer.  He's no role player, he's a bucket getter.  He may at least be a scoring threat for your bench unit.  He seems to have decent footwork and a decent shot and he's aggressive offensively.

Grizz gone need a go to scorer with Ja and Jaren Rui fits that role 

I've got Ja as the best guard prospect/a ROY candidate, Dylan Windler as the best oversized shooter, and Nic Claxton as the best center prospect (at least in terms of modern day all-around skill sets). 

Let's get all 3.

45 minutes ago, ALT GRIND said:

I've got Ja as the best guard prospect/a ROY candidate, Dylan Windler as the best oversized shooter, and Nic Claxton as the best center prospect (at least in terms of modern day all-around skill sets). 

Let's get all 3.

I agree.  I like all those guys.  I also really like NAW.  

8 minutes ago, kevofrommempho said:

I agree.  I like all those guys.  I also really like NAW.  

NAW sounds like an ideal 3rd guard. Or a combo guard to start next to Ja.  He just feels like a Brian Shaw type. Not sure where to put him on my big board but probably anywhere from 20-40.  Although I have 10-15 guys I really like but after that I am not too sure.  Teams should probably go with "fit" outside the mid-first round.  

24 minutes ago, ALT GRIND said:

NAW sounds like an ideal 3rd guard. Or a combo guard to start next to Ja.  He just feels like a Brian Shaw type. Not sure where to put him on my big board but probably anywhere from 20-40.  Although I have 10-15 guys I really like but after that I am not too sure.  Teams should probably go with "fit" outside the mid-first round.  

I just love his fit with Ja.  He can play off the ball because he is a knock down three point shooter, and he can also make plays for teammates when defenses close out on him.  He plays in control and doesn't try to do too much but he can do almost everything. 

You can never have too many long, competitive playmakers who can shoot.

NAW is one of @Kevin B Moses guys and he does seem like a good fit to be Ja's running mate in the future.

I hope the FO will take a look at Rengeoin Sanjusangendo for a later pick. Mad skillz. 

24 minutes ago, TimBC said:

I hope the FO will take a look at Rengeoin Sanjusangendo for a later pick. Mad skillz. 

Who? I gotta Google this guy lol

4 hours ago, Ndq0327 said:

He'd be perfect on a team where he doesn't have to create his own shot. If I had to pick between Keldon, Porter Jr, Romeo, Herro. I think he would be second  behind Romeo..

Yep, Romeo should be the pick at 14 if available. His game is built for the league imo.

Wouldn't be mad at any of those though. Keldon has that dog in him, Porter has massive upside and Herro looks like a poor man's JJ Redick.

Dylan Windler is a very interesting prospect for the grizzlies if they do actually get another first round pick. 

The guy's skill set is exactly what the grizzlies need.

He's a three-point shooter in the vein of Wesley person any rebounds 10 boards a game, that's a pretty **** unique skill-set if you say if you ask me.

I've always loved guys like Wesley person but the grizzlies hardly ever have anybody like that so it sucks but Windler would be great

1 hour ago, Ndq0327 said:

Who? I gotta Google this guy lol

Heh, heh. I apologize in advance. Just wondering how people can learn all about the top 300 entrants ... 

1 minute ago, TimBC said:

Heh, heh. I apologize in advance. Just wondering how people can learn all about the top 300 entrants ... 

😤😤

4 hours ago, Ndq0327 said:

Grizz gone need a go to scorer with Ja and Jaren Rui fits that role 

That is the guy I want and that I believe we are able to get in a Conley trade. Everywhere I look I see Rui as a late lottery or even out of it, ppl are sleeping on the kid. If he learns how to play solid defense and improve his shooting he will be a modern pf that will be able to play 3 positions in the new small ball/switching way that Nba is nowadays.

52 minutes ago, Once_a_hater said:

That is the guy I want and that I believe we are able to get in a Conley trade. Everywhere I look I see Rui as a late lottery or even out of it, ppl are sleeping on the kid. If he learns how to play solid defense and improve his shooting he will be a modern pf that will be able to play 3 positions in the new small ball/switching way that Nba is nowadays.

KD and LeBron are SHOT.  Even Steph is gonna slow down soon.

The NEW Brave New NBA will not be like the OLD Brave New NBA.

RJ Barrett's birthday is coming up in two days.

He has the same birthday as Donald Trump, Boy George, and Che Guevara.

Yep. I'm not sure what that means either.

Ja Morant shares an August 10th birthday with Kylie Jenner, Antonio Baneras, and Herbert Hoover.

Yep. I'm not sure what that means either.

13 minutes ago, ALT GRIND said:

KD and LeBron are SHOT.  Even Steph is gonna slow down soon.

The NEW Brave New NBA will not be like the OLD Brave New NBA.

I think the Nba will be like it is right now for quite some time. Till the new once in a generation talent appear, but even there I bet will be a guy that play multiple positions and handle/shoots the ball well. Unless a new Shaq happens.

Does anyone know if the Wolves promissed Hachimura with their #11? ****, I was hoping to trade with Heat and get him plus Bam

The Twitterati are saying that Nic Claxton shut down workouts for non-lottery teams.  I guess he has a promise in the lottery.  Maybe it's the Hawks. He makes too much sense there. Especially since they are picking at 8/10/17. 

Anyone else moving up?

4 hours ago, TimBC said:

See: ALT GRIND

💫🤣💨

3 hours ago, Once_a_hater said:

I think the Nba will be like it is right now for quite some time. Till the new once in a generation talent appear, but even there I bet will be a guy that play multiple positions and handle/shoots the ball well. Unless a new Shaq happens.

I think the league is getting longer and will continue to get longer. Plus shooting.  With more guys adding the Euro step to their games.  Post games might come back too (a bit).  It's gonna be all about length, skill, and shooting. Plus all-around defense.  

Ironically, Zion is supposed to be the top pick but he is not long and can't shoot.  Is there a chance that he will be a dinosaur the day he enters the league?  Wouldn't he have been a better number one pick in 1991 (when Larry Johnson was the top pick)?