Memphis Maverick

2019 NBA DRAFT

48 minutes ago, GrizzTigerFan said:

Who has said Ja is the pick??

Everybody, seems that as much is clear Zion is the pick for Pelicans, Ja will be our guy.

I just hope we get a extra pick for Conley and draft a wing (Reddish)

10 minutes ago, Ndq0327 said:

Bruno would need alot of development this summer to be a 3

yeah if this was 5yrs ago he would or maybe on another team...but with us he is the perfect 3d wing...his lenght matched with 3js/jv lenght is a huge froncourt...on offense all he need to do is make open shoots considering we would be 4th\5th scoring option.

Just now, PutARingOnIt#GrizzFan said:

yeah if this was 5yrs ago he would or maybe on another team...but with us he is the perfect 3d wing...his lenght matched with 3js/jv lenght is a huge froncourt...on offense all he need to do is make open shoots considering we would be 4th\5th scoring option.

Bruno can't dribble well enough to be on the wing and his movement side to side is too slow for the wing he makes up for it with his length. If he can tighten up his handle and get a little quicker then it's possible

If we do get a second high pick with a Conley trade, I'd take Hunter over Reddish easy. 

Want no part of no heart players. 

4 minutes ago, Teddy.B said:

If we do get a second high pick with a Conley trade, I'd take Hunter over Reddish easy. 

Want no part of no heart players. 

I would see if the Suns were interested.

27 minutes ago, ALT GRIND said:

Maybe he didn't want to work out here.

That'd seem to fit last season's trend. Ja says he'd love to be here and RJ (speculatively) says he wouldn't want a workout with us----whatever it was, I appreciate RJ making an obvious decision easy for us.

53 minutes ago, ALT GRIND said:

I think he is a 6th man no matter what.  Not a 3 and needs then all but not good enough to start at point guard.  Not really a bench mob type either.  He's uh, SLOW.  So he's a change-of-pace 6th man point forward.  

We have a glut of power fowards/combo wing-PFs.

We need to consolidate them, and IMO want Bruno to get regular rotation mins and development on the 2nd unit as a SF/PF therefore Anderson Brooks Holiday Miles Rabb all gotta go

16 minutes ago, Ndq0327 said:

Bruno can't dribble well enough to be on the wing and his movement side to side is too slow for the wing he makes up for it with his length. If he can tighten up his handle and get a little quicker then it's possible

He showed a good level of improvement playing combo 3/4, I want to continue exploring that. He's not a starter level in a contending team yet, so we need to consolidate the rest into a trade or FA who is

11 minutes ago, Grizzled Vet said:

You know, I don't think this will happen, but there is no guarantee it doesn't until that declaration date passes. 

Is Hurricane Zion gonna make landfall or not?

In the Zion 30 For 30 this is definitely one of the major commercial break cliff hangers right up there with the sneaker blowout and "Meet The Tacko".

Zion went from doing the Carlton Dance to, uh, well, not. 

#ItsNotUnusual

11 minutes ago, Grizzled Vet said:

You know, I don't think this will happen, but there is no guarantee it doesn't until that declaration date passes. 

Yeah.....go back to college to avoid being the #1 pick and living in a great city. Play Sophomore year at Duke....dominate college basketball again only to find out that the Cleveland Cavaliers win the lottery next year.

17 minutes ago, Ndq0327 said:

i dont want bruno dribbling...stand at the 3pt line..make open threes...hes long enough to get to the rim in one dribble if he gets closed out on hard but he is so tall and long he really doesnt have a problem shooting over people...defensive wise i dnt care if its speed or length as long as he is there to contest is all that matters.

Zion hasn't said anything to that effect. 

This is main stream media but-hurt that he's not going to New York or LA. 

23 minutes ago, Ndq0327 said:

Bruno is solid as a 3/4 off the bench.  He showed enough last season to invest in there.     Anderson on the other hand looks like a Point Forward off the bench to me now.    It's gonna be enough of a hindrance to the uptempo style with JV on the court putting Kyle at the 3 would take us back to the 90s.     But it's gonna be hard trading him after his surgery.   Trade Conley for Big athletic SF.  

Ja/Jevon

Delon/Dillon/Miles

SF/Bruno

Jaren/Kyle/Parsons/Rabb

Jonas/FA big or acquired in Conley trade.

Delon would be a good secondary playmaker next to Ja and take on the tougher backcourt defensive assignment as well.   Kyle would be the real PG for second unit and allow the other guys to be scorers/shooters.  

I am not saying this is playoff roster by any stretch but it is one that gives the young guys more opportunities to grow. 

23 minutes ago, GrizzTigerFan said:

Bruno is solid as a 3/4 off the bench.  He showed enough last season to invest in there.     Anderson on the other hand looks like a Point Forward off the bench to me now.    It's gonna be enough of a hindrance to the uptempo style with JV on the court putting Kyle at the 3 would take us back to the 90s.     But it's gonna be hard trading him after his surgery.   Trade Conley for Big athletic SF.  

Ja/Jevon

Delon/Dillon/Miles

SF/Bruno

Jaren/Kyle/Parsons/Rabb

Jonas/FA big or acquired in Conley trade.

Delon would be a good secondary playmaker next to Ja and take on the tougher backcourt defensive assignment as well.   Kyle would be the real PG for second unit and allow the other guys to be scorers/shooters.  

I am not saying this is playoff roster by any stretch but it is one that gives the young guys more opportunities to grow. 

With Ja and Jaren we are going to run and gun. 

Delon is off the first unit (we need shooters) and JV is off the team. 

We are going all in on athletic 3 and D guys. 

Wings we should target

Hunter- best fit but can he be more than a 3D

Reddish- Rythm scorer needs touches

Langford- shot with bad hand last year at Indy

Culver - Not a go to guy yet but a hard worker

Alexander- shooter but can he do more

Hi guys! New to basketball and the Grizzlies Forum. Is it bad that the Grizzlies didn’t get the #1 pick?

4 hours ago, BigHunkALove said:

We have a glut of power fowards/combo wing-PFs.

We need to consolidate them, and IMO want Bruno to get regular rotation mins and development on the 2nd unit as a SF/PF therefore Anderson Brooks Holiday Miles Rabb all gotta go

Rabb isn't really a PF, as he's spent most of his time at C. Miles is just depth there. Brooks still has some upside but is mainly a SF or SG. Same with holiday but he's more of a SG. Anderson is the one truly in his way, but you could play one at PF and one at SF. Or just get rid of Anderson. 

3 hours ago, Subliminal said:

Hi guys! New to basketball and the Grizzlies Forum. Is it bad that the Grizzlies didn’t get the #1 pick?

LOL

Where ya been?

2 hours ago, Rdk4121 said:

Rabb isn't really a PF, as he's spent most of his time at C. Miles is just depth there. Brooks still has some upside but is mainly a SF or SG. Same with holiday but he's more of a SG. Anderson is the one truly in his way, but you could play one at PF and one at SF. Or just get rid of Anderson. 

That's my point, SloMo is a legit asset, played on a championship team, on a reasonable contract. He will be worth something to the right team.

I'm not saying I want him gone at all costs, just saying I don't see him as a starter in the "new age" Grizzlies, 

10 hours ago, Ndq0327 said:

I've been meaning to ask this but who else thinks Kyle Anderson isn't a good fit with Ja and Jaren? I'm expecting the team to be way more uptempo and pnr based so is it not better to have shooters and backdoor cutters in that style of offense? Where does Kyle fit into that?

me , i also think he would be fairly easy to move , a fair contract , nice player etc.

23 minutes ago, IdrinkGuinness said:

me , i also think he would be fairly easy to move , a fair contract , nice player etc.

I've never been a big Slo Mo fan. He's obviously a good defender but he's awful for the offense. All of the advanced offensive statistics hate when he's on court. He's a better passing, slightly worse defending, Tony Allen. Without the highlight plays that get the crowd fired up.

I think Anderson gets one more season with the team then he's moved I expect the team is going to want to play fast and stretch the floor Kyle is the opposite of that and he was brought in for the whole grit and grind 2.0 experiment. It will be interesting to see how invested the FO is in him going forward with Ja and Jaren