Memphis Maverick

2019 NBA DRAFT

1 hour ago, ALT GRIND said:

No. Ja and AB would be a good pairing.  If we go with a micro backcourt thing then Ja/Delon would be interesting too.

Nah no need to keep Avery if we get Ja.   conley + Avery backcourt wasn't actually good last season (look at the adv stats).   They were too small.  

Delon is 6'5' and Ja is 6'3'  that is not a small backcourt.   Just get a legit 3D SF and we are good. 

8 minutes ago, GrizzTigerFan said:

Nah no need to keep Avery if we get Ja.   conley + Avery backcourt wasn't actually good last season (look at the adv stats).   They were too small.  

Delon is 6'5' and Ja is 6'3'  that is not a small backcourt.   Just get a legit 3D SF and we are good. 

It's actually not undersized at all from a height perspective (though Delon and Ja are both very skinny). For comparison, here are the Western playoff backcourts:

Curry (6'3")/Thompson (6'7")
Harden (6'5")/Paul (6'0")
Murray (6'4")/Harris (6'4")
Lillard (6'3")/McCollum (6'3")
Rubio (6'4")/Mitchell (6'3")
Westbrook (6'3")/Ferguson (6'7")
Murray (6'5")/DeRozan (6'7")
Beverley (6'1")/Gilgeous-Alexander (6'6")

4 minutes ago, ACGrizz said:

It's actually not undersized at all from a height perspective (though Delon and Ja are both very skinny). For comparison, here are the Western playoff backcourts:

Curry (6'3")/Thompson (6'7")
Harden (6'5")/Paul (6'0")
Murray (6'4")/Harris (6'4")
Lillard (6'3")/McCollum (6'3")
Rubio (6'4")/Mitchell (6'3")
Westbrook (6'3")/Ferguson (6'7")
Murray (6'5")/DeRozan (6'7")
Beverley (6'1")/Gilgeous-Alexander (6'6")

Conley (6'0'maybe) /Morant (6'3') would be the smallest in both size and girth.    We would get plastered on defense - absolutely smoked.    

Trade Conley while we can and get the other wing pieces we need.   He wants to go so use the asset. 

4 minutes ago, GrizzTigerFan said:

Conley (6'0'maybe) /Morant (6'3') would be the smallest in both size and girth.    We would get plastered on defense - absolutely smoked.    

Trade Conley while we can and get the other wing pieces we need.   He wants to go so use the asset. 

Sorry, I was referring to Delon and Ja. Agreed that Conley and Morant would not work defensively.

19 hours ago, Grizzled Vet said:

Everybody better be wearing their lucky clothes right now or carrying a rabbits foot.

If the Grizzlies have ever gone on a rally while you were in the bathroom, than get yourself in on that toilet 

For the record, I wore my Grizzlies shirt to work Monday and Tuesday.

Bring in all the top guys (rest of them), RJ, Ja, Hunter, Garland, and Bol. Work them out and pick the best. Trade down if we have to.  I am not gonna fall in love with any of those 5.

35 minutes ago, GrizzTigerFan said:

Conley is 6' 1" not 6' 0". You don't have to make him smaller just to make a point. Is there that much of a difference between 6' 0" Chris Paul and 6' 5" James Harden and 6'1" Mike Conley and 6' 5" Delon Wright with Ja coming in to replace each in time? Eric Gordon (6' 4") is short too but I don't see teams plastering him and Chris Paul.  

So let's get this clear we are ignoring the fact that Mike all but said he doesn't want to be apart of whatever the Grizz are about to do and that he would prefer to play for a contender. Cause all these scenarios that are including Conley seem to be over looking that. Conley wants out we were blessed with his replacement so it's a win win so far but some people want the scoring wing and to keep Conley despite him saying he doesn't want to just make noise in the playoffs....

If there was ever a time to make a move and do the player a solid this would be that time send Mike somewhere and go get a scoring wing out of the deal that way the Ja fans are happy Mike is happy and the we need a scoring wing fans are happy.

39 minutes ago, ALT GRIND said:

Bring in all the top guys (rest of them), RJ, Ja, Hunter, Garland, and Bol. Work them out and pick the best. Trade down if we have to.  I am not gonna fall in love with any of those 5.

No Bring in Ja and RJ it's not like they will workout against anyone so bring them in and talk with them and all that stuff and decide who's best long term and a good fit with Jaren it's very simple

9 minutes ago, chipc3 said:

Conley is 6' 1" not 6' 0". You don't have to make him smaller just to make a point. Is there that much of a difference between 6' 0" Chris Paul and 6' 5" James Harden and 6'1" Mike Conley and 6' 5" Delon Wright with Ja coming in to replace each in time? Eric Gordon (6' 4") is short too but I don't see teams plastering him and Chris Paul.  

Conley is closer to 5'11' than he is 6'1 and so is Chris Paul.    Regardless, the poster clarified his post so this is a moot point.   BTW Eric Gordon aint 6'4 either he is 6'3'.  http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/Eric-Gordon-328/       

20 minutes ago, GrizzTigerFan said:

Conley is closer to 5'11' than he is 6'1 and so is Chris Paul.    Regardless, the poster clarified his post so this is a moot point.   BTW Eric Gordon aint 6'4 either he is 6'3'.  http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/Eric-Gordon-328/       

http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/Mike-Conley-Jr-1176/

You had to expect me to check your source to get the correct height for Mike. 

1 hour ago, Ndq0327 said:

So let's get this clear we are ignoring the fact that Mike all but said he doesn't want to be apart of whatever the Grizz are about to do and that he would prefer to play for a contender. Cause all these scenarios that are including Conley seem to be over looking that. Conley wants out we were blessed with his replacement so it's a win win so far but some people want the scoring wing and to keep Conley despite him saying he doesn't want to just make noise in the playoffs....

If there was ever a time to make a move and do the player a solid this would be that time send Mike somewhere and go get a scoring wing out of the deal that way the Ja fans are happy Mike is happy and the we need a scoring wing fans are happy.

... and when JJJ wants out?  ... and when Ja wants out?  You just want to be a minor league team?  Tha kind of thing could go on and on.  It's supposed to be about what's good for the team, not individual players.

1 hour ago, Ndq0327 said:

Mike's contract at the time is with the Memphis Grizzlies.  He may want to go to a contender, but if the best deal is with NY or the Suns, you do what is best for this team.

And to believe that the Grizzlies should just dump Mike for a couple of spare parts and a late 2nd round pick are foolish.  Wait for the best deal, whenever it is.

The Grizzlies need to publicly play this that Conley is highly valued going into next season and he's unlikely to be dealt so to push up his value.  But behind the scenes, they should accept any offer that makes the team better.

50 minutes ago, Grizzled Vet said:

Mike's contract at the time is with the Memphis Grizzlies.  He may want to go to a contender, but if the best deal is with NY or the Suns, you do what is best for this team.

And to believe that the Grizzlies should just dump Mike for a couple of spare parts and a late 2nd round pick are foolish.  Wait for the best deal, whenever it is.

The Grizzlies need to publicly play this that Conley is highly valued going into next season and he's unlikely to be dealt so to push up his value.  But behind the scenes, they should accept any offer that makes the team better.

I am on board with getting the best deal for mike I honestly don't care about his wishes to play for a contender....but I don't think he needs to be on the roster going into the season. 

6 minutes ago, Kevin B Moses said:

Conspiracy theory: I wonder if the league wanted to put Mike Conley on the Lakers, and so they gave the grizzlies Mike's replacement to make it worth our while.

Why? Mike doesn't really do much for the Lakers and they should have cap space so that would put Kyrie and Kemba on the list of guards they could go after. Along with trying to get AD again how much would the Lakers have left for a Conley deal?

6 minutes ago, Ndq0327 said:

Why? Mike doesn't really do much for the Lakers and they should have cap space so that would put Kyrie and Kemba on the list of guards they could go after. Along with trying to get AD again how much would the Lakers have left for a Conley deal?

yeah, i know you hate conley, and feel he is a scrub, but doubtful that the lakers or anybody with a basketball iq would think conley would do nothing for that team. but you are of course entitled to your opinion. 

Chicago is reportedly willing to deal the 7th pick for a Vet perfect Conley landing spot 🤔 gotta figure how to make the money work 

29 minutes ago, Kevin B Moses said:

yeah, i know you hate conley, and feel he is a scrub, but doubtful that the lakers or anybody with a basketball iq would think conley would do nothing for that team. but you are of course entitled to your opinion. 

Conley ain't pushing LeBron to no championship but I'd be willing to take what they have if they want to take him off our hands

Just now, Ndq0327 said:

Conley ain't pushing LeBron to no championship but I'd be willing to take what they have if they want to take him off our hands

well, you are right about that. I misunderstood what you were saying. sorry

4 hours ago, CarloJ63 said:

For the record, I wore my Grizzlies shirt to work Monday and Tuesday.

Sooo... you know you can’t wash the shirt now , right ?

my lucky Grizz socks said wassup 🤣

7 minutes ago, dy_dy_dynomite said:

If we get another pick in the draft do we go wing or big?  Kevin Porter or Gafford/Fernando

Kinda want to go big would really like an athletic lob target shot blocker to pair with Jaren's outside shooting and shot blocking but a big with the athleticism to run with Ja.

However guys like Pj Washington, Rui Hachimura, and Grant Williams intrigue me as well if Jaren we're to play the 5..

I prefer the wing scorer to come from a Conley trade don't want to rely on a rookie wing for consistent scoring.

Now that we know Ja is the pick can we find a way to get Daniel Gafford to go along with him? Reminds me of WCS