Memphis Maverick

2019 NBA DRAFT

22 hours ago, Blue Bear said:

Jaren teamed up with this guy would turn every team in the league into jump shooters. 

This team would have a lot of dawg in them next season if Konate is brought in

Could you imagine going against

Anderson/3J/Gasol/Konate/Conley/Carter every single night?

On 11/28/2018 at 7:46 AM, WVgrizz said:

This team would have a lot of dawg in them next season if Konate is brought in

Could you imagine going against

Anderson/3J/Gasol/Konate/Conley/Carter every single night?

Konate could really help solidify our front court for the future either as the second in command to Jaren Jackson, Jr. or as a solid 3rd big a la Jam Green but with better rebounding and shot blocking.  

Along with Kyle Anderson you basically have your front line covered.

Although if long, bouncy 3rd bigs are the new new thing then Sagaba Konate could really move up the draft boards.

Any other potential 2nd round sleepers worth keeping an eye on?

We have zero need for a player like Konate.  Low skilled and non-shooting.  Basically deletes all the pluses of having JJJ.  We need guys who can dribble, shoot and pass at every position.  No exceptions.

2 hours ago, MemphisX said:

We have zero need for a player like Konate.  Low skilled and non-shooting.  Basically deletes all the pluses of having JJJ.  We need guys who can dribble, shoot and pass at every position.  No exceptions.

Should also give effort on D.

23 hours ago, MemphisX said:

You’re joking right? 

Alright, Tied for 8th with Detroit. Most of us hopes this wouldnt happen, but it is what it is, so lets get this party started.

The biggest need is clear. A wing that can score! You can talk yourself into a future pg or maybe a big but a wing has the best path to playing time. That said, there are some available. Plus we need to not be bottom 6 next year if possible.

RJ Barrett - No need to discuss. Franchise player if we get lucky.

Cam Reddish - most heralded of the rest but playing terrible. Known for lackidasical play with is a red flag.

Keldon Johnson - Looks a little Xavier Henry ish to me.

Romeo Langford - Good sized slasher who cant shoot. Maybe a Derozan type dowm the line.

Nickeil Alexander - Havent seen much but has impressive overall stats.

Jarrett Culver - An athletic slasher who can shoot. Also has great stats.

Dont see anymore playmaking options. But these look interesting.

1 hour ago, Dwash said:

Alright, Tied for 8th with Detroit. Most of us hopes this wouldnt happen, but it is what it is, so lets get this party started.

The biggest need is clear. A wing that can score! You can talk yourself into a future pg or maybe a big but a wing has the best path to playing time. That said, there are some available. Plus we need to not be bottom 6 next year if possible.

RJ Barrett - No need to discuss. Franchise player if we get lucky.

Cam Reddish - most heralded of the rest but playing terrible. Known for lackidasical play with is a red flag.

Keldon Johnson - Looks a little Xavier Henry ish to me.

Romeo Langford - Good sized slasher who cant shoot. Maybe a Derozan type dowm the line.

Nickeil Alexander - Havent seen much but has impressive overall stats.

Jarrett Culver - An athletic slasher who can shoot. Also has great stats.

Dont see anymore playmaking options. But these look interesting.

I think you go BPA. Jaren is a piece. Probably a 4 but can get away with playing the 5 especially if we draft a bulldozer like Zion Williamson.  

Jevon, Rabb, and maybe even Dillon might not be a part of any Big 3.  

1 hour ago, Adrenalize74 said:

Do we even have draft picks in 2019?

If its top 8, yes.

7 hours ago, Grizball said:

Just wondering if we get the 8th pick this year, can we trade it to BOS for the pick we owe them?

Yes. Boston has Sacramento's pick if its not #1 and the Clippers pick if its not lottery plus their own. So if we get a pick they like to draft a player they like, then maybe we could trade it for ours back plus a later pick?

2 minutes ago, Dwash said:

Yes. Boston has Sacramento's pick if its not #1 and the Clippers pick if its not lottery plus their own. So if we get a pick they like to draft a player they like, then maybe we could trade it for ours back plus a later pick?

Ok, but since Boston has like 3 first round picks this year, they may want to get our pick in later years.

5 minutes ago, Grizball said:

Ok, but since Boston has like 3 first round picks this year, they may want to get our pick in later years.

Thats true too. But our power maybe in having a higher pick than all lf theirs. They look like they could use a big and there arent many (Bol Bol) so maybe that could be our chip to get it back. We will see.

This is setting up for us to give Boston the #1 pick in 2021 right after they win they 2021 Championship.

On 11/30/2018 at 2:32 PM, WVgrizz said:

You’re joking right? 

Why is he joking? Kinate is projected as a second round pick. How many second round picks have teh Grizz picked up who come in and contribute right away to help the team win? People though D. Davis was a steal, then they thought Rabb was a steal and now Carter and what have any of them done? Sure, D Brooks was a second round pick that we traded for but he put up ok stats in the midst of a tanka nd has been struggling to contribute when we were trying to actually win. Konate would be  am=nice project to bring in and bring off of the bench, but he will more than likely struggle in the NBA.  

1 hour ago, Ole Dirty Klondike said:

Why is he joking? Kinate is projected as a second round pick. How many second round picks have teh Grizz picked up who come in and contribute right away to help the team win? People though D. Davis was a steal, then they thought Rabb was a steal and now Carter and what have any of them done? Sure, D Brooks was a second round pick that we traded for but he put up ok stats in the midst of a tanka nd has been struggling to contribute when we were trying to actually win. Konate would be  am=nice project to bring in and bring off of the bench, but he will more than likely struggle in the NBA.  

PREACH!!!!!!!!

This draft is DOO DOO 💩💩💩💩

1 man draft. Even RJ Barrett and Cam Reddish don't excite me. This is rough after last year's tank being so fun. 

I just want to know which one of these guys can

1. create their own shot off the dribble 
  2. taller than 6'3'
  3. has a quick first step
  4. Can become Jaren's best friend

We need a dynamic SG in the worst way.   I am willing to be patient with development.

1 hour ago, MemphisX said:

This is setting up for us to give Boston the #1 pick in 2021 right after they win they 2021 Championship.

Yep. I've been watching this with dread for 3 years now and it's going to be a 2003 NBA draft situation all over again. We'll miss out on some generational talent/ Hall of famer because of Wallace and a Jeff Green trade.

56 minutes ago, GrizzTigerFan said:

I just want to know which one of these guys can

1. create their own shot off the dribble 
  2. taller than 6'3'
  3. has a quick first step
  4. Can become Jaren's best friend

We need a dynamic SG in the worst way.   I am willing to be patient with development.

My opinion won't be popular and i decided to enjoy the Grizz hot start before jumping into the college guys.  However, my guy is Cam Reddish but he is a risk.  Other guys that fit that mold some: RJ Barrett, Ja Morant, Kevin Porter Jr., Jarrett Culver and Romeo Langford.

I also really like Darius Garland.

This class will take some deep study.