Memphis Maverick

2019 NBA DRAFT

4 hours ago, ALT GRIND said:

Super Bol!

to skinny like is father 

The only trade I would try would be to trade with N.O.P. their number one (Zion) for our number 2 (Morant) pick and MC - if that would mean to Anthony Davis that he would then want to stay in N.O..    But I don't think it would happen because Anthony Davis seems intent on leaving.

3 minutes ago, ItIsWhatItIs said:

I can't see the Grizzlies passing up a chance to have a legitimate box office attraction like Ja. I think he's the better player regardless but this guy can be our Westbrook/Lillard/etc. A small market pg who is a legitimate all-star with mass market appeal. We've never had a real superstar, Ja + JJJ is getting us on TNT/ESPN multiple times a year.

This all day. He’s a better prospect than Russ Westbrook was coming out. He’s exactly what this franchise needs and JJJ is the perfect fit

4 hours ago, BAMAFREAK said:

On 45 30 and 66 shooting % and if you watched him in crunch time you wouldn’t want him anywhere near your team. 

Ja was 25 6 10 on 50 36 81. Don’t be ill advised, it’s a bad look

he needs to improve his F,T I,m look at the grizzlies needs we need a 3 wing who can score 

1 minute ago, lions said:

to skinny like is father 

Durant was skinny too. 

Depends on how guys fill out.

Probably the big question for James Wiseman next year.  

If we get Ja and trade Conley we might be doing this again next year boys!

Just now, lions said:

he needs to improve his F,T I,m look at the grizzlies needs we need a 3 wing who can score 

You can look all you want, you ain’t got a **** clue 

I just cant believe dreams can come true for a Grizz fan. Boston must be sick up there.

Taking barrett over Ja would be a disaster. The one thing I like about Ja is that he was 50% from the field. Skinny guards aren't usually that good from inside the paint. 

4 hours ago, ALT GRIND said:

Durant was skinny too. 

Depends on how guys fill out.

Probably the big question for James Wiseman next year.  

If we get Ja and trade Conley we might be doing this again next year boys!

Durant shoots and plays like a guard 

First post in a while, but I agree with @ItIsWhatItIs, a Ja + JJJ core is the way to go. I hate when rebuilding teams don't give a lot of rope to the young guys, draft Ja, trade Conley to either Suns/Bulls and try get their pick back. Let Ja have complete reigns of the offense like Doncic/Young did this year for Mavs and Hawks. It's a no-brainer. 

4 hours ago, Joey Crawford said:

I agree.

I cant believe someone AGREES  I, hope RJ  BARRETT will be the next KEVIN DURANT 

2 minutes ago, Dwash said:

I just cant believe dreams can come true for a Grizz fan. Boston must be sick up there.

That Kyrie Irving atmosphere has to be hard on Boston fans.

10 minutes ago, Ndq0327 said:

Elliot Perry can't jump over people Dude just stop your analysis of basketball is questionable at best so unless you are being sarcastic this Ja compared to EP is just trolling 😑

My comps for Ja are the same they have been for the last few weeks.

Some Elliott Perry, some J Will, a hint of Kenny Anderson, and flashes of a 6'3 Penny.

If I compared him to anyone else let me know!

I've seen J Will dunk ON Barbosa after stealing the ball from him.  

I've seen some players...

3 minutes ago, BAMAFREAK said:

This all day. He’s a better prospect than Russ Westbrook was coming out. He’s exactly what this franchise needs and JJJ is the perfect fit

Just imagine here people, an all-star that plays in Memphis who could have a signature shoe with Adidas/Nike. Just think about the kind of brand you could built, kids growing up in Memphis buying the Ja 3's or whatever.

1 minute ago, lions said:

I cant believe someone AGREES  I, hope RJ  BARRETT will be the next KEVIN DURANT 

Oh so sorry.   I misunderstood.    I think we need to go with Morant.    But even so, that still leaves us in need of a 3.

4 hours ago, BAMAFREAK said:

You can look all you want, you ain’t got a **** clue 

we need to wash your mouth out with SOAP 

only highlight video you need to watch of Morant. Has amazing court vision and is perfect for an uptempo style with pick and roll. Didn’t ever really play with super athletic teammates and still through perfect lob passes. 

3 minutes ago, TT_Grizz said:

First post in a while, but I agree with @ItIsWhatItIs, a Ja + JJJ core is the way to go. I hate when rebuilding teams don't give a lot of rope to the young guys, draft Ja, trade Conley to either Suns/Bulls and try get their pick back. Let Ja have complete reigns of the offense like Doncic/Young did this year for Mavs and Hawks. It's a no-brainer. 

Ja/Jaren are for the future but we will be right back here with the ping pong balls next year.

28 minutes ago, Ndq0327 said:

The fact that any of you are considering moving from two to take someone other than Ja is ridiculous the draft was only top heavy With Zion Ja and Barrett and we land at 2 so we get the second best guy and y'all's precious superstar pg Mike Conley wants out and people are thinking about not taking Ja 🤯🤯🤯 this team is about to get the second most exciting player in college basketball last season we should be happy the team got this lucky 

10 minutes ago, ItIsWhatItIs said:

I can't see the Grizzlies passing up a chance to have a legitimate box office attraction like Ja. I think he's the better player regardless but this guy can be our Westbrook/Lillard/etc. A small market pg who is a legitimate all-star with mass market appeal. We've never had a real superstar, Ja + JJJ is getting us on TNT/ESPN multiple times a year.

Yea i wanted a legit scoring wing more than a smallish PG but you guys are right.    Ja has way more marketability and plays a more exciting brand of basketball.    Ja+ Jaren then use Free Agency or Mike trade to get a wing scoring prospect.   If all else fails just do the predictable and sign Rodney Hood.   

Just now, ALT GRIND said:

Ja/Jaren are for the future but we will be right back here with the ping pong balls next year.

You were going to be anyway. This is about long term success. Ja is just as good of a passer as Trae Young. Super athletic with great finishing ability at the rim.

can hit threes too. Go watch his March madness highlights. Excellent court vision and pin point dime dropper. 

1 minute ago, Memphis Maverick said:

only highlight video you need to watch of Morant. Has amazing court vision and is perfect for an uptempo style with pick and roll. Didn’t ever really play with super athletic teammates and still through perfect lob passes. 

Shades of Penny.

Hope he grows a couple inches.

Like Zion, not a perfect comp but Ja reminds me some of Allen Iverson too.

1 minute ago, ALT GRIND said:

Lol, who cares bro. The point of the lottery is to get a franchise guy. We potentially have a top 15 player at point guard and an all star big man.

The next 5 years is about building the roster around them, this core is legit 

who ever the grizzlies pick will be a GREAT asset for this team I,m so happy with the number 2 pick 

26 minutes ago, smit-tay griz said:

I didn't make the pick!  Don't boo me!:o

😄