Memphis Maverick

2019 NBA DRAFT

2 minutes ago, smit-tay griz said:

:lol: Take it easy, man.  We've screwed up a number two pick before.

Woww, please don't go there. 

This is a great day for a Grizzlies fan. We do not get many of those. Hope this is the beginning of the uptick and the FO shows something worthwhile. 

23 minutes ago, Ndq0327 said:

Ja Morant guess we can work on that Mike trade now

MC to Bulls or Suns.  We end with RJ and Garland or Ja and Reddish.

I know we got lucky, but I still feel pretty sad. This could have been the change of this franchise.

Or....you could package that pick + Parsons to get a certain disgruntled PF/C....

6 minutes ago, smit-tay griz said:

sssshhhhooossshhh!

Youre not allowed to say this!

Dont mention it!

Dont even THINK it!

:lol:

3 minutes ago, cdp said:

Or....you could package that pick + Parsons to get a certain disgruntled PF/C....

no too great a risk for a likely rental

8 minutes ago, Kevin B Moses said:

Well there is no mystery to who the grizzlies will pick. They are always going to go with the consensus. It's too bad, I love Cam as a pick, but the grizzlies aren't going to pick him. I LOVE hunter, but we aren't going to pick him either. We are going to go with a skinny kid who can't defend his position.

I wish I was wrong. I like Ja more than barrett is the only good thing. I think Alex-Walker would be a great pick, but not at 2. So the grizzlies are going to pick an OJ MAYO clone and everybody is going to rejoice that we drafted Steph Curry. 

Bro why the debbie downer attitude? Do you just like disagreeing? Ja Morant is pretty dang good. 

Ja is clearly better than Barrett right? With or without Conley you take the best player. The league is dominated by guards like him right now. 

How about this idea. Memphis tells the Knicks they are taking RJ Barrett if they stay at 2. NY doesn't want Ja after giving up Porzingis to get Dennis Smith. New York trades with us to get the second pick and RJ Barrett and Memphis gets Ja plus assets!

Just now, Zappastache said:

Ja is clearly better than Barrett right? With or without Conley you take the best player. The league is dominated by guards like him right now. 

I'm not sure that this is true: kwahi, Gannis, Joker, KD, AD, and many others. The elite guards that make a difference are less fruitful nowadays. 

9 minutes ago, Once_a_hater said:

MC to Bulls or Suns.  We end with RJ and Garland or Ja and Reddish.

I know we got lucky, but I still feel pretty sad. This could have been the change of this franchise.

I think Morant will be the better NBA player 

2 minutes ago, chipc3 said:

How about this idea. Memphis tells the Knicks they are taking RJ Barrett if they stay at 2. NY doesn't want Ja after giving up Porzingis to get Dennis Smith. New York trades with us to get the second pick and RJ Barrett and Memphis gets Ja plus assets!

I actually don't mind the Grizz keeping it a mystery till draft night for that very reason.    

2 minutes ago, chipc3 said:

They definitely could do that I don't know what assets the Knicks have left 

19 minutes ago, smit-tay griz said:

Boo this man! 

5 minutes ago, chipc3 said:

2 minutes ago, GrizzTigerFan said:

I actually don't mind the Grizz keeping it a mystery till draft night for that very reason.    

draft RJ trade conley for reddish

slowmo/rj/reddish/bruno/3js

The fact that any of you are considering moving from two to take someone other than Ja is ridiculous the draft was only top heavy With Zion Ja and Barrett and we land at 2 so we get the second best guy and y'all's precious superstar pg Mike Conley wants out and people are thinking about not taking Ja 🤯🤯🤯 this team is about to get the second most exciting player in college basketball last season we should be happy the team got this lucky 

4 hours ago, ALT GRIND said:

Can we trade down until we get Hunter, Garland, AND Bol Bol?

Ja might only be Elliott Perry 2.0.

Memphis NEEDS A SUPERSTAR 

It ain't tough. Draft Ja, trade Conley for a SG/SF and picks (Gary Harris comes to mind). 

Once you trade Conley, resign JV and keep Bradley. You're gonna have cap space to do that. 

Play to win next year to convey the pick to Boston. Ja / Harris / Anderson / Jaren / JV with Bradley as sixth man (plus Brooks, Bruno, Miles and FAs) is a 35 wins team at least, good enough to give the pick to Boston and clean all obligations. 

3 minutes ago, ALT GRIND said:

So we have the toughest pick in the draft -- again.

I'm pretty sure Ja is a no brainier having an electric pg is way more important than a shot hungry wing 

4 hours ago, GF#1 said:

Boo this man! 

YEA GRIZZLIES drafts him at 180 pounds brakes a leg of foot  then teams moves to seattle 

1 minute ago, JWill4L said:

It ain't tough. Draft Ja, trade Conley for a SG/SF and picks (Gary Harris come to mind). 

Once you trade Conley, resign JV and keep Bradley. You're gonna have cap space to do that. 

Play to win next year to convey the pick to Boston. Ja / Harris / Anderson / Jaren / JV with Bradley as sixth man is a 35 win team at least, good enough to give the pick to Boston and clean all obligations. 

Unless a team takes Conley into their space the Grizz will have to take back contracts so they still won't be able to bring Bradley and JV back along with CJ miles and Wright

Great Pick. But only part  of the job is done. We got 2 great player now Ja and JJJ.  The rest is only on paper. This summer will see if the FO are able to build a contender team around those 2 guys. But the start id great, so we have to enjoy it and see what will happen. 

9 minutes ago, Kevin B Moses said:

I'm not sure that this is true: kwahi, Gannis, Joker, KD, AD, and many others. The elite guards that make a difference are less fruitful nowadays. 

Tell that to damian, steph, cj, Trae Young. 

RJ Barrett is now of the aforementioned names.