Memphis Maverick

2019 NBA DRAFT

11 hours ago, Thomas said:

It's not worth it this year. There's no way we'd be able to pull off a tank job as brilliant as last year's. Conley and Gasol would both have to miss the season.

Can you imagine missing the top five AND still owing Boston our pick? This draft bottoms out QUICK.

Just not worth it this year.

But man, Barrett and Zion....

I don’t know about quick. There are 8 players in this draft that are worth it.

zion

rj

cam

little

bol bol

garland

Romeo

keldon johnson

I saw Bol Bol at the Penny Classic last January and he honestly looked kinda bad. Almost Thabeet bad. I would be really dissappointed.

2 hours ago, Once_a_hater said:

Can we start loosing please. I want us to draft RJ or Zion.

Paging KBM

37 minutes ago, Subliminal said:

Paging KBM

I said my peace in the philly game thread. These guys are very predictable. They can't watch the grizzlies with objective eyes, apparently. 

4 minutes ago, MemphisX said:

Don't worry bro...it's a coming.

We will never win a title if we dont draft a 1st option/superstar potential player.

If we get a top 2 pick we are safe and with a bright future.

With the way World War Z ran over Army, there could be stiff competition in the Tank Race.

Super Bol looks good, too. 

Naz Reid looks like the consolation prize big man.  From his highlights it looks like he can shoot it.  

But after reading another basketball message board (oh the horror!), I am sure I can fall in love all over again with Sagaba Konate -- and rumor has it, he has a workable 3 point shot.  

On 11/8/2018 at 10:39 AM, MemphisX said:

I don’t know about quick. There are 8 players in this draft that are worth it.

zion

rj

cam

little

bol bol

garland

Romeo

keldon johnson

I dunno man, is a Bol Bol really worth taking yourself out of the Wiseman sweepstakes or the 2021 mega draft?

1 hour ago, Thomas said:

I dunno man, is a Bol Bol really worth taking yourself out of the Wiseman sweepstakes or the 2021 mega draft?

Look up Jalen Green, the number one 2020 prospect that Penny got to come in for a visit in September. He might reclassify to 2019. He honestly looks like the next Kobe/MJ 

3 hours ago, Dwash said:

Look up Jalen Green, the number one 2020 prospect that Penny got to come in for a visit in September. He might reclassify to 2019. He honestly looks like the next Kobe/MJ 

Oh man I didn't know he might reclassify. I do remember reading that he came in. Obviously a longshot but if Penny could somehow pull off Green and Wiseman I think we're guaranteed one of them in 2020 (provided we give up our pick this year and tank properly in 2019).

I think Green is the best prospect in any class right now. Also love Isaiah Todd from that 2020 class.

3 hours ago, lsugrizzfan said:

I'm throwing a penalty flag on the excessively short shorts.

for real..like why didn't he get the memo that this isn't 1985.   Is this some millennial hipster thing?   

11 minutes ago, GrizzTigerFan said:

for real..like why didn't he get the memo that this isn't 1985.   Is this some millennial hipster thing?   

Long shorts will probably be "old school" soon.  Fashions change, even in sports.

I can't wait for Chandler to be traded or his contract to end, so we can open up $24 million to get a possible superstar like player.

10 hours ago, rc0213 said:

I can't wait for Chandler to be traded or his contract to end, so we can open up $24 million to get a possible superstar like player.

I wouldn't get my hopes up too high.  Superstars are not exactly flocking to Memphis.  Best bet is probably some good role players or a second tier star.  If we want to get a superstar we need to learn how to draft well.

18 hours ago, Dwash said:

I think this one is heading to Boston folks. Good news for me.

I am not changing my 38 win projection yet but I would love to give Boston a pick in the 20s in a shallow draft.  Especially with the way their media and fans have been acting like we were going to give them a future superstar.

On 11/12/2018 at 1:21 PM, Thomas said:

Oh man I didn't know he might reclassify. I do remember reading that he came in. Obviously a longshot but if Penny could somehow pull off Green and Wiseman I think we're guaranteed one of them in 2020 (provided we give up our pick this year and tank properly in 2019).

I think Green is the best prospect in any class right now. Also love Isaiah Todd from that 2020 class.

I am like desperate for the Grizz to get a wing superstar.  It is just a much better NBA experience.

p.s.  I love Cheat Code too.