Sign in to follow this  
Memphis Maverick

2019 NBA DRAFT

Coach K said Zion is most unique athlete hes ever coached at duke- 275lbs 45inch vert, high skill level

Zion is like a Lebron/ZBo hybrid

2 hours ago, MemphisX said:

Oh, you thought Zion was the only freak in this draft:

I don't see him being an option for us.  Either we have a top 4 or 5 pick OR we don't keep our pick.  I think Bol Bol is supposed to go outside the top 5 or 10 although sometimes I really like his potential.  He could be one of the best "upside" guys in the draft.  

Tacko Fall is my guy since he is a 7'5 fly swatter who will probably be there in the 2nd round.  We DO have a 2nd round pick in 2019, right?

Although outside of Zion Williamson, Bol Bol is my favorite big man (even Tacko Fall is one of my favorite handful of guys).

This draft looks super top heavy (just Zion?) but there should be a few sleepers here and there.

Duke plays Kentucky Tuesday night.  We should know more about the draft projections after that.  Phoenix might also be hard-core tanking by then (and the other bad teams).

I don't see us being in the hunt for a top 6 pick (it's top 6 protected right?), but even so it is really fun to keep tabs on these youngsters.

Oh, and I REALLY want to do a 2019 NBA Mock Draft 1.0 soon.  Maybe after College Basketball Super Tuesday (Duke vs. Kentucky).

The Grizzlies’s pick is top 8 protected. 

10 hours ago, chipc3 said:

The Grizzlies’s puck is top 8 protected. 

Uh... ok. 

How about our ‘pick’ ? 

Is it top 8 protected too?

🥴

6 hours ago, Dwash said:

Zion and RJ...wow....we are possibly a Conley injury away.

lol

totally worth it and im a HUGE mike conley fan- last thing I want is to see him injured again but Zion and RJ OMG they are THAT good

tank now - zion/JJJ front court for next 15 years

16 minutes ago, VikingWarrior said:

That Duke game must have changed a lot of people’s view on this weak draft class.

Its still mad weak beyond the Duke group.

1 hour ago, Kevin B Moses said:

People on here are hoping conley gets injured. A new low for this board.

not really but don't let that stop your indignation.

so just for conversation sake- would you trade Mike for Zion or RJ ? '

Is Mike worth 2019 top 3 pick?  I think you know the answer.

y'all are just showing your true stripes right now, and no it won't stop me from point that out. I can see there is no reason to even argue with most of you anymore if you want our best player to be injured to further your agenda. 

15 minutes ago, Kevin B Moses said:

y'all are just showing your true stripes right now, and no it won't stop me from point that out. I can see there is no reason to even argue with most of you anymore if you want our best player to be injured to further your agenda. 

and nothing will stop us not even you meddling kids!!

#trade MC4ZionAgenda'19

Image result for evil laugh gif

2 hours ago, Kevin B Moses said:

People on here are hoping conley gets injured. A new low for this board.

It's not a new low. But it is pretty bad. Never hope our players get hurt.

I want one of two things to happen this year. Either be good enough to pay off the Celtics and have a clean slate moving forward. Or be so bad that we have another top 5 pick. I am ok with either, but I would still not wish for Conley or any other Grizzlies player to get injured. Russell Westbrook though....I'd like to see him have a career ending injury.

51 minutes ago, lsugrizzfan said:

It's not a new low. But it is pretty bad. Never hope our players get hurt.

I would expect you to be more level headed than agreeing with that. No one "hoped" for him to get hurt. First of all, I want to give this pick to Boston more than anything. Second, it was only pointing if that if the injury prone Conley goes down, its top 3 pick time.  If I said at the beginning of the year "when Chandler Parsons goes down, Dillon/Selden will play more" is that a wish for Chandler to be hurt? Or just saying what the situation would be should a very possible scenario (based on history) happened?

You have to remember, we are talking to someone who actually doesnt think Conley is an above average injury risk, like the rest of the world does. Even though his injuries keep getting worse with age. So he automatically translates this to "hoping" someone is hurt while 99% everyone of Grizz fans wouldnt be the least bit shocked if Conley went down for a long time.

24 minutes ago, Dwash said:

I would expect you to be more level headed than agreeing with that. No one "hoped" for him to get hurt. First of all, I want to give this pick to Boston more than anything. Second, it was only pointing if that if the injury prone Conley goes down, its top 3 pick time.  If I said at the beginning of the year "when Chandler Parsons goes down, Dillon/Selden will play more" is that a wish for Chandler to be hurt? Or just saying what the situation would be should a very possible scenario (based on history) happened?

You have to remember, we are talking to someone who actually doesnt think Conley is an above average injury risk, like the rest of the world does. Even though his injuries keep getting worse with age. So he automatically translates this to "hoping" someone is hurt while 99% everyone of Grizz fans wouldnt be the least bit shocked if Conley went down for a long time.

What the hell are you talking about?

All I got out of that was some bat**** crazy stuff.

3 hours ago, Dwash said:

Its still mad weak beyond the Duke group.

i think it ends up looking pretty good . gonna be lots of teams reaching for bigs/pgs with some solid wings sticking around late into the 1st

It's not worth it this year. There's no way we'd be able to pull off a tank job as brilliant as last year's. Conley and Gasol would both have to miss the season.

Can you imagine missing the top five AND still owing Boston our pick? This draft bottoms out QUICK.

Just not worth it this year.

But man, Barrett and Zion....

22 hours ago, Dwash said:

Honestly when I read you praising the talent, then saying we are possibly a Conley injury away, it sounds like you were hoping for it. However, I will give you the benefit of the doubt since you say you weren't.