Memphis Maverick

2019 NBA DRAFT

1 hour ago, russian grizzly said:

He is just horrible from my perspective.

hmmm okay.  Any reason why?

If we end up with no draft pick - this is when i gain real interest in Jeremiah Martin on a two-way deal. 

3 minutes ago, GrizzTigerFan said:

If we end up with no draft pick - this is when i gain real interest in Jeremiah Martin on a two-way deal. 

The grizzlies would never pick "Kobi" White. Pun intended. 

24 minutes ago, Kevin B Moses said:

The grizzlies would never pick "Kobi" White. Pun intended. 

Do you think we would be more likely to pick Tre Jones because his name is 'Tre'?

More likely to pick Luka Samanic because his name is LUKA?

Is Bol Bol two Bols for the price of one OR one Bol for the price of TWO?

4 minutes ago, ALT GRIND said:

Do you think we would be more likely to pick Tre Jones because his name is 'Tre'?

More likely to pick Luka Samanic because his name is LUKA?

Is Bol Bol two Bols for the price of one OR one Bol for the price of TWO?

I just think his game is a lot like Kobi Simmons game and the grizzlies did not like that. I think you misunderstood my post.

Just now, Kevin B Moses said:

I just think his game is a lot like Kobi Simmons game and the grizzlies did not like that.

Too many of these guys remind me of former Grizzlies who didn't do anything for me.

Even RJ Barrett has a lot of Tony Wroten in his game.  I mean, A LOT.  

All I know, Ja Morant is gonna get at least one GM fired -- maybe two.

I think this league might be headed for a DEATH OF STATS/Ensemble Era.  If so, this proves that CW is a cat with infinite lives.  Ok, or a lockout.  A MASSIVE lockout.  Or a strike.  Or vice-versa.

3 minutes ago, ALT GRIND said:

Too many of these guys remind me of former Grizzlies who didn't do anything for me.

Even RJ Barrett has a lot of Tony Wroten in his game.  I mean, A LOT.  

All I know, Ja Morant is gonna get at least one GM fired -- maybe two.

I think this league might be headed for a DEATH OF STATS/Ensemble Era.  If so, this proves that CW is a cat with infinite lives.  Ok, or a lockout.  A MASSIVE lockout.  Or a strike.  Or vice-versa.

Wallace, despite everything,actually has gotten results. You can't hate the player, hate the game. 

8 minutes ago, Kevin B Moses said:

Wallace, despite everything,actually has gotten results. You can't hate the player, hate the game. 

I kinda want to see what he can do with four 2nd round picks.

I'm not a Tigers fan, but I think we should try to get Jeremiah Martin and Dedric Lawson either on two-way deals or as minimum type players for depth. Neither seem like they will be drafted, or if they are they will be drafted late and we can buy the pick. Two low risk, high reward players that will also help draw a little bit of a crowd given the connection to the city. Dedric Lawson is essentially just Rui Hachimura light, who should be a lottery pick. 

10 minutes ago, Rdk4121 said:

I'm not a Tigers fan, but I think we should try to get Jeremiah Martin and Dedric Lawson either on two-way deals or as minimum type players for depth. Neither seem like they will be drafted, or if they are they will be drafted late and we can buy the pick. Two low risk, high reward players that will also help draw a little bit of a crowd given the connection to the city. Dedric Lawson is essentially just Rui Hachimura light, who should be a lottery pick. 

Dedric Lawson being the worst athlete in combine history all but ended his NBA hopes.

2 hours ago, Dwash said:

Dedric Lawson being the worst athlete in combine history all but ended his NBA hopes.

He's no worse of an athlete than Kyle Anderson, he's certainly can't play SF though. Can't really jump, but we've seen floor bound players before succeed. He's can shoot 3s and score inside. I guess we will see if he can defend NBA 4s, but he still gets buckets. 

3 hours ago, Dwash said:

Dedric has the NATIONAL spotlight now ... he got to Kansas , playing against tougher competition for a coach that put him in the best position to succeed and -> he's done exactly that - all year.

Sleep on him if you want to. 

http://www2.kusports.com/weblogs/tale-tait/2019/mar/12/kus-dedric-lawson-named-district-vi-play/

http://www2.kusports.com/news/2019/mar/12/kus-dedric-lawson-earns-second-big-12-newcomer-yea/

https://www.sbnation.com/college-basketball/2018/11/30/18112798/dedric-kj-lawson-kansas-jayhawks-memphis-transfer-tennessee-nit

https://www.kansascity.com/sports/college/big-12/university-of-kansas/article226280155.html

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/player/_/id/3907785/dedric-lawson

and just one youtube highlight ( I couldn't NOT do it 🤗💨)

Still talking about these mediocre current and former Tiger players...should go to the Memphis Hustle board for that talk.

19 hours ago, GrizzTigerFan said:

In short:

1. neither PG or SG

2. no strength

3. low release

4. nothing special about his body or athleticism

5. he is just short

6. possess no elite skills. even 1. None. 

19 minutes ago, russian grizzly said:

In short:

1. neither PG or SG

2. no strength

3. low release

4. nothing special about his body or athleticism

5. he is just short

6. possess no elite skills. even 1. None. 

Thanks for the summary - I haven't really watched him so i can't really debate ya.   I just want a guard that can drive and kick, create and shoot from distance.   Only way to get that at a price we can afford is thru the draft. 

11 minutes ago, GrizzTigerFan said:

Thanks for the summary - I haven't really watched him so i can't really debate ya.   I just want a guard that can drive and kick, create and shoot from distance.   Only way to get that at a price we can afford is thru the draft. 

I wanna too. But this guy is like Josh Selby in a sense that he is "this guy" but only when playing in China. 

On 3/13/2019 at 2:36 PM, ALT GRIND said:

I kinda want to see what he can do with four 2nd round picks.

He'll never have four second round picks.  They're too important for acquiring players like Holiday.

On 3/13/2019 at 8:31 AM, GrizzTigerFan said:

Somebody on here mentioned Coby White.    Is he a good prospect to become a dynamic scorer?   If we were to make a trade this offseason to get us a mid-first rd pick.   I think he is in that range.     Does he have Jamal Murray potential?   I see he is  a 6'5' combo guard with quick first step and athleticism.  

He will move up into the lottery as draft approaches. A combo guard who can score on drives and can shoot 3s with a nice handle and quick first step. He is in my top 5 right now after Zion, Morant, Barrett and Garland. If we pick in the 6-8 and none of my top 4 is available he would be my pick (or Kevin Porter if his off court stuff/personalty is a non issue).

Grizzlies fans deserve Zion, I will watch the lottery this year like I watch Nba Finals or Libertadores or World Cup. Imagine what a front court of Zion/Jaren, if I am the GM I would go all in for a title.

On 3/15/2019 at 5:55 AM, Once_a_hater said:

Grizzlies fans deserve Zion, I will watch the lottery this year like I watch Nba Finals or Libertadores or World Cup. Imagine what a front court of Zion/Jaren, if I am the GM I would go all in for a title.

We are due the #1 pick Except for the expansion Bobcats, aren't we the only team to never have a #1 pick?

Some teams you have to go a ways back to find it of course, like the lakers in 79 or Celtics in 1950 etc.

I am on the Jarrett Culver bandwagon heavy.

6-7,6-8 shooting guards don't come around very often. Can score with or w/o the ball, secondary playmaker, and can guard multiple positions.

He'll never be a no.1 franchise guy, but he's a great building block and a great compliment to Jaren. 

On 3/14/2019 at 7:53 AM, MemphisX said:

Still talking about these mediocre current and former Tiger players...should go to the Memphis Hustle board for that talk.

Martin just scored 23 against 11th ranked houston and almost brought them back after a wack first half. 

I’be watched about all I can on Garland. I see no long term future for him in the league but I do for Martin. 

I think the real reason Garland didn’t play again is because he was going to be exposed. 

12 hours ago, Grizzfan7979 said:

We are due the #1 pick Except for the expansion Bobcats, aren't we the only team to never have a #1 pick?

Some teams you have to go a ways back to find it of course, like the lakers in 79 or Celtics in 1950 etc.

Unless I missed it Sonics/Thunder, Nuggets, Pacers, Heat, and Jazz have never had the top pick.

6 hours ago, MEM GRYZ said:

Jarrett Culver 23 is Michael Jordan.

...except not as quick or athletic or ferocious defensively or generally not as good, but hey, I'll take him.