Sign in to follow this  
Memphis Maverick

2019 NBA DRAFT

16 minutes ago, cdp said:

Zion all the way. I've seen RJ play in real life a couple times and i'm callin it now. He's another Wiggins. In fact, up here the hype for Wiggins was even bigger. RJ'll be good but not worth tanking a season over. Rather have Wiseman over both anyways. Pay off the pick debt this year to the Celtics, trade Conley/Gasol in the offseason, then tank hard for Wiseman. That's the best move.

Zion is a monster, I dont believe RJ will be a Wiggins man, but I hope we get a top 5 pick this year or like you said we better pay the pick this year.

Zion is a sure fire, superstar ticket seller. He is going to be a Vince Carter level mega star.

Inwould love to put him beside JJJ.

7 hours ago, cdp said:

Zion all the way. I've seen RJ play in real life a couple times and i'm callin it now. He's another Wiggins. In fact, up here the hype for Wiggins was even bigger. RJ'll be good but not worth tanking a season over. Rather have Wiseman over both anyways. Pay off the pick debt this year to the Celtics, trade Conley/Gasol in the offseason, then tank hard for Wiseman. That's the best move.

Man I cant see Wiggins in RJ. Looks super competitive to me.

7 hours ago, MemphisX said:

Zion is a sure fire, superstar ticket seller. He is going to be a Vince Carter level mega star.

Williamson looks like if Vince Carter and Zbo had a baby, but my first thought about him was he looks like another Robert Tractor Traylor.

3 hours ago, Kevin B Moses said:

Williamson looks like if Vince Carter and Zbo had a baby, but my first thought about him was he looks like another Robert Tractor Traylor.

Maybe Rodney Rogers as his floor. Dont know how in the hell you are seeing Tractor Traylor.

2 hours ago, Dwash said:

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/23804458/memo-states-nba-draft-eligibility-shift-21

A unprotected 2021 pick to the Celtics in a draft with both high schoolers and top freshmen. This would be a nice addition their dynasty, maybe they can replace Horford with our pick.

and a number 1 protected sac or phi pick this year along with clips picks , boston could be good for a long long time ..

On 10/15/2018 at 10:54 PM, MemphisX said:

This is certainly a strong possibility. But he's never had to do anything but out athlete people so far in life. I would like to see his basketball skills before I declare him a megastar. High schoolers and Canadian teams don't provide the level of competition that the ACC will or the NBA. 

On 10/15/2018 at 12:24 PM, bhoyal said:

NBA Draft.net shows Garland staying another year in college.  If Wiseman picks Vandy,  I think that will be a lock to happen.

They project Wiseman to the Grizz in 2020 and Garland to Miami that draft.  (and Simi from Vandy at #20 to OKC)

I’d love to have Garland more than Wiseman even. I think he has a chance to go top 5 in 2019. Outside of the Duke guys, he’d be the guy I’d want to pair with JJJ.

I don't see Zion lasting long in the NBA. He will be injury prone if he doesn't lose some of the weight. Not to mention he could possibly get heavier and not be as athletic at all.

7 minutes ago, Blue Bear said:

I don't see Zion lasting long in the NBA. He will be injury prone if he doesn't lose some of the weight. Not to mention he could possibly get heavier and not be as athletic at all.

Most of his weight is muscle 

On 10/16/2018 at 12:54 AM, MemphisX said:

I dont know who will be the better player in the top 5 next year, but Zion has the IT factor in him that will put Memphis on map again. I think he is like Anthony Davis was to Pelicans or Lebron to the Cavs. I may be overreacting a bit, but I see something special in him, my only concern is his ability to shoot and play D, if he improve on those areas he is a sure superstar.

1 hour ago, Allen said:

Most of his weight is muscle 

i think this is true for almost every human. Muscle makes up the majority of your weight and it is mostly water. 

I haven't checked but is there anything on his body fat %.

I haven't done much research on Zion Williamson. Everything I see is people talking about his athleticism for his weight and all of his athletic dunks. Does he have any basketball skills? He's only 6'6", can he post people up? Can he handle the ball? Can he take people off of the dribble? Does he have a nose for the ball? Does he have a consistent shot (outside, mid-range)? How's his footwork? Can he hit the three? Does he have any low post moves? BBIQ? Feel for the game? Can he rebound in traffic with bigger players?

Once again, I don't know much about him, but it's hard for me to get excited off of YouTube highlight reels over high school  competition and in AAU All Star scrimmage type games where no one plays defense. i'm sure he'll have a good season at Duke (well, if he plays) but none of this gives me any confidence that he would be good in the NBA or worthy of a top 2 pick. 

2 hours ago, Ole Dirty Klondike said:

I haven't done much research on Zion Williamson. Everything I see is people talking about his athleticism for his weight and all of his athletic dunks. Does he have any basketball skills? He's only 6'6", can he post people up? Can he handle the ball? Can he take people off of the dribble? Does he have a nose for the ball? Does he have a consistent shot (outside, mid-range)? How's his footwork? Can he hit the three? Does he have any low post moves? BBIQ? Feel for the game? Can he rebound in traffic with bigger players?

Once again, I don't know much about him, but it's hard for me to get excited off of YouTube highlight reels over high school  competition and in AAU All Star scrimmage type games where no one plays defense. i'm sure he'll have a good season at Duke (well, if he plays) but none of this gives me any confidence that he would be good in the NBA or worthy of a top 2 pick. 

Sounds like you're wondering if he's a taller version of DJ Stephens.

3 hours ago, Ole Dirty Klondike said:

First, when it comes to guys like this you have to realize he isnt just "athletic." He is an extraordinary athlete.  Quick first step, quick leaper, high leaper, fast with the ball in his hands, explodes off two feet, etc. That said, as for his other attritubutes, he seems pretty competitive and had a solid handle. His shot is a work in progress but looks like it could be useful one day.

4 hours ago, Kevin B Moses said:

RJ Barrett is 18 and his frame is INSANE. The kid looks like he will be a monster once his body fills out. He looks bigger than Lebron did as a rookie.

For me he is the #1 pick.  Although as a fan, I would hate to pass on Zion for anyone.

1. RJ

2. Zion

3. Cam Reddish

After that I like Garland and Langford but still evaluating them. 

On 10/20/2018 at 11:59 AM, Blue Bear said:

I like the height-weight proportional 6-10 super-athletes like Nazreon and Simi.  The SEC is going to be a beast this winter.

23 hours ago, smit-tay griz said:

Sounds like you're wondering if he's a taller version of DJ Stephens.

Not sure what to expect. I only hear people talk about his athleticism and nothing about actual skill

22 hours ago, Dwash said:

First, when it comes to guys like this you have to realize he isnt just "athletic." He is an extraordinary athlete.  Quick first step, quick leaper, high leaper, fast with the ball in his hands, explodes off two feet, etc. That said, as for his other attritubutes, he seems pretty competitive and had a solid handle. His shot is a work in progress but looks like it could be useful one day.

We'll see. Like I said, I expect him to be a college phenom but not sure what he will be on the pro level. 

4 hours ago, Once_a_hater said:

Im feeling that by January 1st we will be on our way to RJ, and by the deadline Gasol will asked to go somewhere. 

Won’t go anywhere with the trade kicker